Thread: Gixxer Carb Jetting?

Gixxer Carb Jetting?

Hello guys, kinda new to the forums... first post actually. My name is Dave. Been reading around trying to get in on a ride but kinda new and don't wanna hold anyone behind. I'm a new rider heh.

My bike is a 2005 GSXR 750. Picked it up from Fay Myers. The bike doesn't like being over 5grand and refuses to be over 7. I was always under the impression that bikes were meant for higher RPMS. My gauge goes to 16k. Seems the bike has less power then the beast everyone makes it out to be. Heard jetting the carb would be the primary reason... again, I'm still new to all of this.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Also any price estimates or whatever to give me an idea of what I'm looking at to get this bike where it should be is also appreciated.

~LD

Re: Gixxer Carb Jetting?

That bike is fuel injected
    Take it to a local shop with a dyno
    see if you have a power commander installed

Gold Member Yearly Supporter

X-tended warranty??? I have an 07 gsxr-750 and she loves to be up at about 8k-13k. and does it with no problem. Sorry thats not an answer to your ?? Maybe a fueling problem? A pc would do it wonders w/ K&N filter.
    2015 R1200GS
    03 & 11 XR-50 pit bike
    07 & 08 DRZ 400SM
    06 FJR 1300
    70 SL 350
    75 MT 250

2 year full maintence warranty at any dealer for 50bucks. Seems to be some kind of fuel issue because it's like she has a leash or something. I know this bike has a lot more power then what it seems. I've seen it/felt it. After a certain amount of RPM's she just chokes.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter

Then you should be able to take it in on warranty one would think. Some of these folks on here with more experience would know better than I.
    2015 R1200GS
    03 & 11 XR-50 pit bike
    07 & 08 DRZ 400SM
    06 FJR 1300
    70 SL 350
    75 MT 250

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

LD,

your bike is fuel injected and I'm with Bueller, and guessing that you have an improperly mapped power commander in it.

The condition you describe has the characteristics of being rich (too much fuel, not enough air).

If you have an extended warranty, then I'd take it in and let them sort it out. If not, I would disconnect the power commander and see if the bike runs better without it.

Scott