Thread: STAY AWAY - Barbee's Freeway Ford - STAY AWAY

STAY AWAY - Barbee's Freeway Ford - STAY AWAY

There's no short version here, but I'll try.

The truck has been is the shop too many times to list, about 12 times. So I'll just hit the highlights. All work was done by Barbee's Freeway Ford, where I bought it.

Low pressure oil pump stopped working because on an earlier repair of the #8 injector, they dropped a small screw into the engine and it finally got picked up by the oil pump and it ground up the oil pump gears. They claim they didn't cause it.

On the oil pump repair, they pinched a gasket on the back of the engine and it pumped all 15 quarts of oil onto my driveway. When I showed the pics of my driveway to the Service manager, he just said, "Tide!" and walked away. They had to remove the tranny and t-case to fix the gasket.

My EGR cooler took a dump and when I drove it home from the repair, I smelled antifreeze. Popped the hood and the top radiator hose had no clamp on it and the bottom hose was left loose and rubbing on the harmonic balancer. The main engine wire harness was left laying on the turbo. Good thing it was a short drive home or it would have melted.

I went to change my brake pads before we drove out to Miller SBK and discoverd that during an earlier repair of the dust seals on my front axle, they pried my calipers off and drove the pistons through the rivets on the back of the pads and shattered the pistons. They put it back together this way and I drove it, unknowingly, for a year towing a fifth wheel over Eisenhower almost every weekend. Good thing my brakes never failed!!

Now for the back breaker!! Right now my truck is at Courtesy Ford because it broke down last weekend while we were up at Grand Lake and Kristian convinced me their tech's are way better. I've always assumed they're all the same (they suck!). That's why I do all my own work. The truck has a five year warranty and I don't know a whole lot about this diesel, so that's why I always took it in to the dealer.

Anyway, the engine is out of the truck and the block is split (two piece block) to fix all the gaskets and broken oil plumbing tubes from the oil pump repair that Freeway did a while back. The tech at Courtesy even said the bolts were in the wrong places. They put any bolt in any hole that it would fit.

If your tech's can't even remove a caliper without damaging it, they have no business working there!!

Courtesy Ford and their tech, Patrick rules!! He called most of the repairs before I even had the truck back to town. He even said that most of my past problems were most likely caused by Freeway. He gets a lot of work because of them. Now that it's apart, he found tons of stuff Freeway fucked up.

I'm gonna go drinking now!!!
    Last edited by Kim-n-Dean; Fri Aug 28th, 2009 at 10:00 AM.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: STAY AWAY - Barbee's Freeway Ford - STAY AWAY

Damn Dean, that sucks; good thing you found a friend in Courtesy! Is the truck going to be down for days now?

Want to go to Black Hawk to help make the wounds feel better?
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Newbie...Again!!! Lifetime Supporter ZX Rider's Avatar

I also have nothing nice to say about Freeway service dept.
    Lots of bad things, but nothing good. Nothing.
    2010 ZX-10R

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Damn Dean, that sucks; good thing you found a friend in Courtesy! Is the truck going to be down for days now?

Want to go to Black Hawk to help make the wounds feel better?
    Should have it back by Tuesday. Do you have a car without marked plates?

Quote Originally Posted by ZX Rider View Post
    I also have nothing nice to say about Freeway service dept.
    Lots of bad things, but nothing good. Nothing.
    I've heard horror stories from other, non-service, employees of Freeway. Even their own employees know their service tech's suck!!
    Kim & Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    <snip...> Do you have a car without marked plates?
    We practically have a car lot. Pick one.

And if you were planning on drinking that much, I'm sure we can find a DD.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

We practically have a car lot. Pick one.

And if you were planning on drinking that much, I'm sure we can find a DD.
    Give me a call later. We'll see what's up. I'm sure we'll be down...
    Kim & Dean

...good thing you found a friend in Courtesy!...
    BTW - Kristian (screen name Kristian) is on this board. Very cool guy!! I highly recommend you see him for any of your Ford or used car needs. He's the sales manager at Courtesy. The service manager is a hell of a guy, too!! The whole place rocks!!
    Kim & Dean

Pfft, just keep gamblin til ur sober! may take a few days, I may be down for some CC or Blackhawk... I'm also thinkin of a short moto ride from my house anyways and do some shooting in either Left Hand or the PktoPk & 7 ranges.
    It's a celebration bitches!!! - RIP 502

Motos:
    2003 SV1000N - Dual Yosh RS3 CF Exhaust ••••• 09' Aprilia SR50 (Wife's) ••••• 93' ZX-11 - Sold after 43k Miles
    Cars:
    08' Audi S5 6MT •••• 10' VW TDI Cup Edition 6MT •••• 02' VW TDI Beetle 5MT •••• 07' Ford Explorer

Stu, I'll hit you up too, when I call Dean later. It'll be after 3:30.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Cool, I work til 5, home by 5:20 thanks to the HOV lane, ttyl
    It's a celebration bitches!!! - RIP 502

Motos:
    2003 SV1000N - Dual Yosh RS3 CF Exhaust ••••• 09' Aprilia SR50 (Wife's) ••••• 93' ZX-11 - Sold after 43k Miles
    Cars:
    08' Audi S5 6MT •••• 10' VW TDI Cup Edition 6MT •••• 02' VW TDI Beetle 5MT •••• 07' Ford Explorer

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    BTW - Kristian (screen name Kristian) is on this board. Very cool guy!! I highly recommend you see him for any of your Ford or used car needs. He's the sales manager at Courtesy. The service manager is a hell of a guy, too!! The whole place rocks!!
    Agreed. Bought my truck from him and would do so again.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Agreed. Bought my truck from him and would do so again.
    I sure wish I would have know him when I bought mine!!!!!!
    Kim & Dean

In A Land Far Far Far Away Lifetime Supporter

We bought a USED 1998 F-150 from freeway and the ABS system would malfunction and not let you stop, at all, the harder you pushed to get it to stop the harder it would push back. We took it up there and they said it all seemed fine I felt this was wrong and insisted they look at it closer and they still said there was nothing they could do till it did it again. With the computer on the truck I was a bit confused cause I thought that info got stored? Anyway long story made short, it did it again and I almost ate a Kia in a surprise construction zone on Alemeda last January. I called them intermediately and they were rude as hell to me telling me I was not an official mechanic and should stay out from under the hood, that did not sit to well with me so I threatened an attorney due to this being a safety issue and we had a warranty on this vehicle not to mention we had complained about this issue the first week we had the truck (back in the November the previous year only a couple months prior at this point). Anyway they removed some computer part sent it to somewhere in Florida and this is where we didn't see the truck again for 2 months waiting on "our" circuit board to be redone? I am still confused about it and the entire thing we used the warranty program we purchased and it has been fine since but all that aggravation is just not worth it. Not to mention I was being told "ma'am, your not a mechanic, you should not be messing with the brake system" when I did nothing to it except check the brake fluid and drive home and describe what it was doing!! I am a mechanic!!! ARG!!

My horror story with them, so ya, avoid them.

Argumentative
    No customer is right morals or,
    Even an apology when they wrong.
    Αφροδίτη

https://www.facebook.com/dcbk.stanley

The one in the back still catching up....

I’m going to look at a new Ranger soon. Is Kristian at Courtesy Ford on south Broadway?
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    I’m going to look at a new Ranger soon. Is Kristian at Courtesy Ford on south Broadway?
    Yup.
    Kim & Dean

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Tylar's Avatar

I bought my 04 PSD from Burt Ford in Parker and have had the recall/break-fix work split between them and Brighton Ford. No issues, but i'm making note of your story for sure
    -Tylar

2009: 2009 GSXR 600 *wifey's*
    2010: 2008 YZF-R1