Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicane announces 9/13 at HPR

Re: Chicane announces 9/13 at HPR

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Ok, are they going to do a MRA School like they did a Peublo?
    If so, where is the link?
    Is the price including the track day?
    etc...

no they arent as far as i know
    MRA#669
    Big Thanks To
    Vanmar Racing
    Unink Printworks
    Rebellion Motorsports
    Pero Motorsports
    J&K Racing
    Fay Myers Motorcycle World

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post

I'll stuff three on the trailer again. If not, you can pit with me cutie. Got to get Brian (Mike - LOL!) to pit with us again too.
    Cool, I'll squeeze in there if bonnielass doesn't mind a little sandwich action No touching in my bikini zone though, that costs extra!

We can meet on the way somewhere and slap my bike on the trailer since were both kind of on opposite sides of the city (I'm on 104th and I-25). If you fill up the trailer, thats cool too, I'm more concerned with shade during the day than a ride, lol.

Shoot me a PM or give me a ring when you get your plan ironed out.
    Brian - 09 Buell 1125CR

geez this sounds like fun im there for sure chad can i trailer with you ?
    well thats a rap

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Ok, are they going to do a MRA School like they did a Peublo?
    If so, where is the link?
    Is the price including the track day?
    etc...
    Randall,

There is no MRA school on this day. There are a couple of private coaching sessions with Mark S. that day, but they are already sold out.

Thank you

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Redflash3 View Post
    Hey Zach I'll be pitting with a buddy but I'll come visit and hit some laps with you.
    Why don't we just do a little pit row action?
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

IM THERE....

Can I borrow someones bike...a trailer...some leathers...and $200 ?!?
    For My Diavan

Anybody got room for another lawn chair under their easy-up? I'm trying to get one beforehand, but may not get it done due to funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    Why don't we just do a little pit row action?
    Cool, sounds like a plan.

I want to go, but I have to admit Im a pussy. Im scared I will drop my street bike haha, meaning I dont want to hurt my bike, not that I just really suck. Although I probably do suck. Its actually the only reason I have yet to do one of these. sigh

2003 Triumph Bonneville (Goodwood green with gold inlay)

2006 Fusion White Speed Triple (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    I want to go, but I have to admit Im a pussy. Im scared I will drop my street bike haha, meaning I dont want to hurt my bike, not that I just really suck. Although I probably do suck. Its actually the only reason I have yet to do one of these. sigh

Don't be scared. You'll never drop your street bike out there...trust me.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Quote Originally Posted by *GSXR~SNAIL* View Post
    Don't be scared. You'll never drop your street bike out there...trust me.
    No comment.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Just don't ride above your head mang, check your ego at the gate and open your mind up for a totally new experience. No matter who you are, there is going to be a slew of people who are faster(and slower) than you at the track.

I became sooo much more comfortable on my bike after a track day, and now the canyons seem kinda boring (unless I'm following zach...haha). That, and you can wring your bike out in a legal environment. its a win win situation. Throw some sliders on the brit and have at it!

I'll see you there!

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    Just don't ride above your head mang, check your ego at the gate and open your mind up for a totally new experience. No matter who you are, there is going to be a slew of people who are faster(and slower) than you at the track.

TheStig, it's totally up to you on how you perform. Like he said, leave the ego at home, go out there and ride your own pace. No one really cares about how fast or slow anybody else is. It's all about enjoying the day and learning more about your bike and how to ride it.

If you're ever going to give it a go, Chicane Trackdays is by far the best place to do it. People are split into groups by speed, which keeps it very low stress for riders of all levels. It's the best money you can spend to get better at riding.

It you are worried about crashing, don't be. Start out as slow as you want and only increase speed if it feels comfortable. Plus there are some awesome rider coaches who are as patient as they are fast. Hope to see you out there

Throw some sliders on the brit and have at it!

I'll see you there!

I have crashed two different Speed Triples and both had Ski King sliders, man did that save both bikes. All you need is the front frame sliders and swing arm sliders. If you want more protection then go with GSG stator and clutch sliders and you can drop that bike all you want and keep riding all day.

Try to make it, you'll have fun. Plus we need some in-line 3 take over
    Yousef

2007 Triumph Rocket III.
    2005 Triumph Speed Triple.
    1998 Suzuki TL1000R.

I would need pants...hmmmm. I will have to see if I can locate some and I might be game. I dont have frame sliders either though.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

I would need pants...hmmmm. I will have to see if I can locate some and I might be game. I dont have frame sliders either though.
    I have a couple of suits that I loan out to new track riders at my events....what size do you need?

or, to ask another way, height and weight?

s

I've got some Teknic leather pants with a 360 zipper. Size 34 (I think)

I been riding for 6 years now. This is my first trackday, I have confidence in my riding but still freak out a lil in setting a proper entrance speed in corners. This is going to be a reality check for me about my limit and also practice. Also I know I can lean pretty far over (about a 45-50 degree lean) but just never got a knee down (Im terrified of gravel ).
    MRA #595
    01' YZF R6 RACE (Kinky Kylie)
    Facebook - Shawn Parrish

Quote Originally Posted by Black Phantom View Post
    Plus we need some in-line 3 take over

I would bring the Sprint out, but dragging fairings, pegs and centerstands doesn't feel quite as cool as touching knee down...

and I have a sz 42 2 pc Joe Rocket textile i can bring...if the suit fits...
    Last edited by OUTLAWD; Wed Sep 2nd, 2009 at 10:30 PM.

Yeah man, this is going to be my first as well... Luckily, I snagged a never ever spot a few months ago. I wanted to get a track bike for this day because I was afraid of dropping my street bike; I was looking at that 636 that's been on here for a while, but when I finally made time to see it, my Explorer's transmission went out (AWESOME!). At this point, though, I'm not worried at all.. I mean you go to a track day for a reason, and it's not to ride like a pussy, right? Granted, my first day as a never ever I likely will be. But in the end, nothing comes without a risk, especially with street bikes. Live life to the fullest, even if it means putting a rash on your baby's clean paint. All I know is I'm psyched and nervous as hell to get on that track haha.

I became sooo much more comfortable on my bike after a track day, and now the canyons seem kinda boring (unless I'm following zach...haha). That, and you can wring your bike out in a legal environment. its a win win situation. Throw some sliders on the brit and have at it!

I'll see you there!
    Great advice! And it's not just about your ego...keep your naturally developing confidence for the day in check too.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post

TheStig, it's totally up to you on how you perform. Like he said, leave the ego at home, go out there and ride your own pace. No one really cares about how fast or slow anybody else is. It's all about enjoying the day and learning more about your bike and how to ride it.

If you're ever going to give it a go, Chicane Trackdays is by far the best place to do it. People are split into groups by speed, which keeps it very low stress for riders of all levels. It's the best money you can spend to get better at riding.

It you are worried about crashing, don't be. Start out as slow as you want and only increase speed if it feels comfortable. Plus there are some awesome rider coaches who are as patient as they are fast. Hope to see you out there
    Scott puts on an incredible day, especially for those new to the track. He covers everything thoroughly and it's left up to you to make the right decisions. Have fun!
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Im 6' 205lbs. I have a jacket with a half zipper but Rybo if I could borrow a suit that would work as well. Let me know and I try to register today!

A thing or two to keep in mind when doing track days.

#1 Track days should always be safe (Chicane does a very, very good job at this.

#2 Track days should always be fun.

#3 Beyond having fun, track time should be a learning experience. This is true if you are a first time track rider or experienced racer. Utilize your track time to increase your skill level. When you get to the track have something already in mind that you want to work on. Like body position, braking, throttle control ect...

#4 Draw a track map and make notes on it. This is a easy way to remember lines, reference points, brake markers. There is a lot going on in our minds when we are riding. Write it down! Think about it before you do it.

#5 Ride within your limits. We all usually think we are right up to the point when someone passes us. Remember it is a track day not a race. There will always be someone faster.

Mike
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

Hey all. Never done a track day in Co. Always been in Cali. Do they run different groups out here i.e. beginner, novice, advanced or is it a free for all? Wanting to go the 13th but haven't really ridden (other than commuting) the past couple years. Want to go back to the basics the next couple track days.