Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG...went to HPR today...

Re: OMG...went to HPR today...

Well that explains that. Thanks. Just not use to track days costing that much. Usually $110 ish for most places in Cali I ran or $200 for the weekend.

Pueblo is usually $120
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    Sunday is ran by Scott @ Chincane Track days. They have corners staffed and EMS on site.
    HPR open days are staffed with EMT's on site as well so can you guys please stop trying to infer that they dont.

The Chicane day will have free lunch on Sunday.
    MRA#669
    Big Thanks To
    Vanmar Racing
    Unink Printworks
    Rebellion Motorsports
    Pero Motorsports
    J&K Racing
    Fay Myers Motorcycle World

Quote Originally Posted by racedk6 View Post
    HPR open days are staffed with EMT's on site as well so can you guys please stop trying to infer that they dont.
    I wasn't attempting to infer that they didn't, nor have I been to an HPR lapping day to know either way. You can can unbunch your panties now.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by racedk6 View Post

The Chicane day will have free lunch on Sunday.

+1

I enjoy Scott's days just as much as everyone else, and support Chicane as much as my wallet allows me

BUT all the horror stories I've heard about about HPR lapping days were totally abolished after yesterday's experience. Corner workers, ambulance, chill environment, very courteous riders (when getting around my slow back-marker ass), alot of people going down unfortunately, but no serious injuries to my knowledge, the downed bikes were kept off the line and pulled back to the pits ASAP

I left a happy camper, and will hopefully be a repeat customer

I've been to both open lapping and chicane days and appreciate them both. There are only a couple of differences to me. The most important is the lack of tech at the open lapping days. Seems to be the honor version. But, I can't think of a time when I saw a mechanical issue closing the track. I only saw that once, during the Star class, when someone's oil made an emergency exit from the bike. Bikes, these days are pretty impressive, considering what we are doing to them at the track. I remember when a track day consisted of more wrenching than riding. Now, we can sit back, relax. Not fix leaks, change jets, etc.

Chicane also has instructors available.
    Mike
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    I wasn't attempting to infer that they didn't, nor have I been to an HPR lapping day to know either way. You can can unbunch your panties now.
    When someone asks the question "whats the difference between an open lapping day and a Chicane?" When you are the first person to respond with they are staffed with corner workers and EMS, that is telling the person that asked the question that open lapping days doesnt have either.

Now for the fact that you have never been to an open lapping day at HPR tells me you were not even qualified to give a valid response to that question.

So for me to tell you to not infer that they dont have a staff and EMT's is not be getting my panties in a bunch, its me tell you to STFU and put your foot in your mouth for trying to answer a question you are in no way qualified to answer. So until you get out to an open lapping day you can stay out of any conversation that has to do with them and how they are run. Because obviously your ignorance blocks any ability you have to make a correct statement about them.
    MRA#669
    Big Thanks To
    Vanmar Racing
    Unink Printworks
    Rebellion Motorsports
    Pero Motorsports
    J&K Racing

Quote Originally Posted by hcr25 View Post
    Chicane also has instructors available.
    Mike
    +1 and that is the best thing about Chicane day is Scott bring out a staff of riders to help any new rider to the track or even riders that have been there before but need a little bit more help to get up to the speed they want to be at!
    MRA#669
    Big Thanks To
    Vanmar Racing
    Unink Printworks
    Rebellion Motorsports
    Pero Motorsports
    J&K Racing

also it seemed most of the crashes were guys runnig off the track and falling over in the soft/muddy run off.

Quote Originally Posted by hcr25 View Post
    also it seemed most of the crashes were guys runnig off the track and falling over in the soft/muddy run off.
    Done that but kept it upright. I need to check my tires more often. I also need to make sure I don't run out of fuel

Is it me or the track had lot's of sand in some of the corners yesterday?
    Yousef

2007 Triumph Rocket III.
    2005 Triumph Speed Triple.
    1998 Suzuki TL1000R.

the track was dirty. Rain and cars make it worse. next year should be better after the grass and vegitation grows in. Hastings was the same way the first year.

Did you run out of gas in the bike or didnt bring enough to the track?

Also check your brake pads often at HPR
    mike

Ahh make sense! I was on 11 passing two bikes on the out side and hit sand, I thought I was on my way to a high side, scared the poop out of me. Again, at 13 while coming out to the strait gave it some gas and the back end broke lose. I had to slow down and I was afraid to drop my bike as I didn't want to miss on the 13th. Not sure if me going out of the track was b/c my tires weren't griping or I was afraid.

The bike ran out of gas, I'm suppose to fuel every session but forgot to do it.

Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna do some work to the bike before the weekend.
    Yousef

2007 Triumph Rocket III.
    2005 Triumph Speed Triple.
    1998 Suzuki TL1000R.