Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got some real bad news today.....

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Got some real bad news today.....

The contracted to Lockheed job I was hoping for in Littleton fell thru this morning. They (Infinity) got the contract, but I wasn't 1 of the 3 of 6 chosen. Looks like I might have to move back to the SoCal desert (China Lake/Ridgecrest) after all.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Re: Got some real bad news today.....

Nothing is forever. CA has to be better than ID
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Sorry to hear that, man!

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

AKA "Devaclis"

That sucks Frank. Make the best out of SoCal. Lots to do there and it does not have to be permanent
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Could be worse, could be Nor cal
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mental View Post
    NorCal > SoCal
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    Nothing is forever. CA has to be better than ID
    For real!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Wat's wrong with Nor-Cal? The best sport riding roads in the world are in Nor-Cal.
    THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF RIDERS: THOSE THAT HAVE CRASHED, AND THOSE THAT ARE GOING TO CRASH.

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully your stay there is only temporary!

Quote Originally Posted by IT WASN'T ME! View Post
    The best sport riding roads in the world is in North Carolina / Tennessee..
    Fixed it for ya!

Leah
    05 Raven R1
    01 YZ250F

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsTonic View Post
    Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully your stay there is only temporary!

Fixed it for ya!
    LOL, no way! They might have the best roads east of the Mississippi, but Nor-Cal has more and better, and more better roads than anywhere.
    THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF RIDERS: THOSE THAT HAVE CRASHED, AND THOSE THAT ARE GOING TO CRASH.

Wat's wrong with Nor-Cal? The best sport riding roads in the world are in Nor-Cal.
    The roads are awesome, the problem is they are in Northern California. You can't dig a hole in you yard in Santa Barbra county without the cities permission. Gas is $3.50 a gallon and at least in the Santa Barbra aera the place is on fire 1/2 the year. The other 1/2, those awesome roads are clogged with RVs and rented convertables.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Bummer man! Best of luck in SoCal if that's where you end up.
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

You guys are referring to SoCal like you're talking about LA / San Diego. Ridgecrest is nowhere NEAR the "nice" parts of SoCal, believe me. Not trying to be a black cloud, but I'd rather be in Idaho myself the Ridgecrest, i.e. the Mojave desert...
    Paul G.
    2005 R1

The roads are awesome, the problem is they are in Northern California. You can't dig a hole in you yard in Santa Barbra county without the cities permission. Gas is $3.50 a gallon and at least in the Santa Barbra aera the place is on fire 1/2 the year. The other 1/2, those awesome roads are clogged with RVs and rented convertables.
    All of that is true about So-Cal too. In fact Santa Barbra IS in So-cal, not Nor-Cal. Plus, in So-Cal you got Smog.

All of that is true about So-Cal too. In fact Santa Barbra IS in So-cal, not Nor-Cal. Plus, in So-Cal you got Smog.
    Ah, that would be why it sucks then.

carry on then, hijack over. I obviously know so little aboitu Norcal, that I thought I was there and wasn't.

On the upside, I have had buddies in the Mojave who freaking loved it. Aside from really liking the work they do, no one messes with them out there. You really just do whatever you want. Bonfires? Dirtbikes? Mad Max style off road vehicles? Unsanctioned desert demo derby? Have at it.
    Last edited by Mental; Tue Sep 8th, 2009 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pg_rider View Post
    You guys are referring to SoCal like you're talking about LA / San Diego. Ridgecrest is nowhere NEAR the "nice" parts of SoCal, believe me. Not trying to be a black cloud, but I'd rather be in Idaho myself the Ridgecrest, i.e. the Mojave desert...
    You haven't been to the falls, have you? Know where Roachcrotch is, do ya?

I lived there from '80-'91, and know the drill. Got me a desert-prepped KX500 I bought out there and haven't ridden in years, so I'd just be out on that a lot in addition to going to lake Isabella on the Gixxer.

Hope I can get something in CO, but......

If I do move out there, it'll be for good. The only reason I'd go is it's a gov't job, and I'd simply be there to do my 20(+) and out at a stable company for the first time in my life. I'm tired of moving, I'm done.

Fark!!!
    Last edited by CYCLE_MONKEY; Tue Sep 8th, 2009 at 03:39 PM.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

My company was planning on transfering me there(NorCal)... Then I said - you have to pay me to the level of the cost of living I am used to here in Colorado. They decided - we should keep Jon in Colorado... Don't worry Frank, nothing is Permanent - you'll be back before you know it...

Quote Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
    My company was planning on transfering me there(NorCal)... Then I said - you have to pay me to the level of the cost of living I am used to here in Colorado. They decided - we should keep Jon in Colorado... Don't worry Frank, nothing is Permanent - you'll be back before you know it...
    If I take that job it'll be because I want my 20 (+) and out and there's nothing here for me, so, yeah, basically it will be permanent. You can't count on companies anymore to work there until retirement, so if I can get the gubbament cheese, well, I might just have to take it.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Off work, heading home, and heading out to CA early tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see what the interviews are like, I'm scheduled to talk to some high-level people, like branch head so that'll be interesting. Going to see some of my best friends I haven't seen in anywhere from 5 to 18 years. Even going to bring my helmet and gloves so me and a H/S bro can ride his Hardleys up to the lake.

Y'all have a great weekend.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Good luck. Don't let them see your negative side.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    Good luck. Don't let them see your negative side.
    Doh! Hey, I'm so negative, I'm positive! (-) + (-) = +

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Good luck. You are due.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Doh! Hey, I'm so negative, I'm positive! (-) + (-) = +
    Wow.... that math is not a good sign.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Good luck Frank....let us know how it goes.
    John
    KTM Duke 690