Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motor Cops VS Stunters

Motor Cops VS Stunters

Who you think would win?

I've been on those motorcop training courses. Almost impossible to manuever our bikes through their course. The Kawi's they use have a way tighter turning radius than what ours can do. I was able to get though the first couple of turns before having to put my foot down when i tried.

Attachment 14933
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Re: Motor Cops VS Stunters

Now that would be something I'd love to watch!
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Evasive and slow speed control, cops win.

Wheelies and stoppies, stunters.

And then the cops stroke em citations for reckless. Cops win again!
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Counterweight, back brake, and clutch control = win
    Hold on to your butts.

07 GSXR-600

it's like comparing a track racer to a stunter. I have a buddy that could do some really cool stuff on a stunt bike but held up traffic on Hwy 1 along the west coast. I can't even wheelie on purpose but left him at every turn. Motor cops are probably better at riding than most riders on the road.
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

As a former motor officer, I can tell you the things I could do with that half-ton Harley at low speeds was pretty awesome. Work the "gray" area in the clutch, use a little back brake for stability, and I could turn that bike at full lock and full lean, dragging the footboards. It's totally different than stunting though, but the premis for learning how to do both is the same.

looks fun! I'd do it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Valguard View Post
    Counterweight, back brake, and clutch control = win
    Quote Originally Posted by CaneZach View Post
    As a former motor officer, I can tell you the things I could do with that half-ton Harley at low speeds was pretty awesome. Work the "gray" area in the clutch, use a little back brake for stability, and I could turn that bike at full lock and full lean, dragging the footboards. It's totally different than stunting though, but the premis for learning how to do both is the same.
    thats something both parties have in common, should be intresting

still think its a set up

Question... What does a yellow harley have to do with this?

Matty - I think that's when you told me you'd be in Cali, I take it you'll be in attendance?
    ~Jess~

Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by willb003 View Post
    Question... What does a yellow harley have to do with this?
    It helps grab your attention to the flyer.... Lol!
    2014 Ducati Hypermotard 821
    2015 HD FLHXS

Quote Originally Posted by = Buckeye Jess = View Post
    Matty - I think that's when you told me you'd be in Cali, I take it you'll be in attendance?
    nope i get out there the following evening.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Well that sucks!
    ~Jess~

I've been to a few stunt shows and also watched a couple of Motor cop comps.

The skill is definately in favor of the motor cops. Most of the stuff I see the stunters do is "hap-hazard" and random on bikes set up specifically for it. (HUGE rear sprockets and flat rear tires to make wheelies almost too easy, etc).

If the goal is to ride on one wheel in a parking lot the stunters probably win. Add a tight technical course and the cops have the upper hand.
    Cole
    07 R1 .....now KTM 950 ADV!!!
    07 WeeeeeeStrom!
    2x KLR650s
    www.MotumMagazine.com

Gold Member

i think most of you speaking with no idea of riding in lot talk about big sprockets and low tires need to step your game up in the stunt world. no one realy runs low tires any more. from what i am told its to hard to dip circles. the clutch and brake controll it takes to ride slow wheelies is right there with the same as it takes to get around those little cones.

this should be good, cant wait to hear. then again im sure the cops will win. at the same time it is nice to see cops and sport bike riders teaming up like this to put on a good show.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    i think most of you speaking with no idea of riding in lot talk about big sprockets and low tires need to step your game up in the stunt world. no one realy runs low tires any more. from what i am told its to hard to dip circles. the clutch and brake controll it takes to ride slow wheelies is right there with the same as it takes to get around those little cones.

this should be good, cant wait to hear. then again im sure the cops will win. at the same time it is nice to see cops and sport bike riders teaming up like this to put on a good show.
    Not to say that you r wrong, cuz I don't really know a lot about stuting, but the few stunters that I do know, have huge rear sprockets that make getting the front wheel up very easy, and run extremely low tire pressure to make the bike more stable at low speeds. About comparing the skillsets needed to be good at both track/street riding and stunting, that's where we disagree. How do you explain a stunter that is pretty good in a lot and can barely ride through twisties? Both, street riders and stunters share basic motorcycle control training, like use of throttle, clutch and body position. But using them in different situations is well,,, different. I think there are acquired skills that are exclusively inherent to each. Learning to stand on a peg and whelie into a circle uses the same basic principles as recognizing appropriate corner entry speed, such as lean angle, proper gear, clutch and throttle controle, right? I can roll into a corner pretty hot but wouldn't even dream of trying a circle whelie. Some skills just aren't transferable by association. Now, that doesn't mean you can't be great at both, but is't hard to be great at just 1, muchless both.

Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun View Post
    Not to say that you r wrong, cuz I don't really know a lot about stuting, but the few stunters that I do know, have huge rear sprockets that make getting the front wheel up very easy, and run extremely low tire pressure to make the bike more stable at low speeds. About comparing the skillsets needed to be good at both track/street riding and stunting, that's where we disagree. How do you explain a stunter that is pretty good in a lot and can barely ride through twisties? Both, street riders and stunters share basic motorcycle control training, like use of throttle, clutch and body position. But using them in different situations is well,,, different. I think there are acquired skills that are exclusively inherent to each. Learning to stand on a peg and whelie into a circle uses the same basic principles as recognizing appropriate corner entry speed, such as lean angle, proper gear, clutch and throttle controle, right? I can roll into a corner pretty hot but wouldn't even dream of trying a circle whelie. Some skills just aren't transferable by association. Now, that doesn't mean you can't be great at both, but is't hard to be great at just 1, muchless both.

research more info online then your stuck in 02

It would be most impressive to see someone ride a slow wheelie through the cone-course.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Wondo View Post
    research more info online then your stuck in 02
    so I'm stuck in 02? Is that 2002, or some kind of code or stunter lingo?

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    It would be most impressive to see someone ride a slow wheelie through the cone-course.
    Heck yeah, that would be really impressive!

Gold Member

so I'm stuck in 02? Is that 2002, or some kind of code or stunter lingo?
    and yes as my first post said if they are running low pressure and needing big gears they are stuck in the past.

and your from berkly?

tard.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    and yes as my first post said if they are running low pressure and needing big gears they are stuck in the past.

and your from berkly?

tard.
    Nope, not from Berkely, just moved here from Denver. And did you just call me a tard?

So, I'm guessing 02 is when stunters made monumental changes in technology and setup. Then yeah, I guess the guys I've talked to are stuck in the past. I'll have to pass on to them that they are outdated, they should get a kick out of that. Thanks for the update.

Nope, not from Berkely, just moved here from Denver. And did you just call me a tard?

So, I'm guessing 02 is when stunters made monumental changes in technology and setup. Then yeah, I guess the guys I've talked to are stuck in the past. I'll have to pass on to them that they are outdated, they should get a kick out of that. Thanks for the update.

lol. You should just not talk about something you know absolutely nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by skilz View Post
    lol. You should just not talk about something you know absolutely nothing about.
    The point isn't to have to know everything about something. It's more about being able to discuss a topic where everyone can learn something, noobs like me and you guys, the experts. And have you guys thought for a second that you don't know everything about what people around the country do and how they do it. If I've seen guys doing this kind of thing in multiple states and talked to them about it and asked questions and checked out gear, then it would be logical to assume that these are somewhat standard practices, right? And if you think a bunch of stunters don't use huge sprockets and reduce tire pressure, I should be tallking more, not less about the subject because you have something to learn. Maybe it isn't the newest way but it is still common.

Yeah, I don't know much about what you guys do and I don't pretend to. On the other hand, I don't need some chump telling me what I have seen, multiple time, with my own eyes.
    Last edited by RajunCajun; Wed Sep 9th, 2009 at 05:01 PM.