Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone wanna ride with a newbie Friday?

Anyone wanna ride with a newbie Friday?

I need to ditch the city traffic and ride! Only been THROUGH the mountains twice, Hit some curves when I got my bike 2 weeks ago..... Haven't since and gettin the need for it. Anyone Wanna go Tomorrow? Not sure where to go tho... As I said "newbie"...

"Smile It Makes Your Butt Shine!!-Cougarkat"

Honda CBR600RR
    Plus extra bikes Ry has

Mommy to Cole Francis.
    Back to riding again soon... New mommy to Aden Matthew!

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Re: Anyone wanna ride with a newbie Friday?

Some people are riding on Friday morning. I don't think I'll be able to make this one, but we shall see.

http://cosportbikeclub.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=35243
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Newbie to the mountains or riding?

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Some people are riding on Friday morning. I don't think I'll be able to make this one, but we shall see.

http://cosportbikeclub.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=35243
    Ummmm...... Ya. i don't think that's quite the ride a n00b should be joining.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Ummmm...... Ya. i don't think that's quite the ride a n00b should be joining.
    A n00b joined us on the Walden ride, why not this one?
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CougarKat View Post
    I need to ditch the city traffic and ride! Only been THROUGH the mountains twice, Hit some curves when I got my bike 2 weeks ago..... Haven't since and gettin the need for it. Anyone Wanna go Tomorrow? Not sure where to go tho... As I said "newbie"...
    Just curious (not judging by any means).. you mentioned in your intro thread that you wrecked the last bike you rode 2 weeks ago (CBR 600), can I ask what happened? And as Metalord 9 asked, newbie to the mountains or riding?
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Newbie to riding, Only been riding about 2 months, Wrecked my F4i headin home (east) from boulder (had a chiro appointment) I was in the far left lane dude just came into my lane.. didn't register I was in that lane nor did he hear my horn... I banged on the window (I guess a little too hard or the gloves I was wearin... The window shattered) I'm deaf with cochlear implants so its very hard to hear with a helment on (working on it..) But the dudes music was blarin and he was talkin on his phone, after the window broke he ran me into the barrier, I ditched my bike and hung onto his car, he came to a stop but as soon as I got off the car he peeled outta there, 3 other people followed, My bike slammed into the barrier and onto the other side of i-36. Its in the springs at a friends, Can't exactly repair it but my friend wants to so I said what the h3ll give it a go. Picked up a another one after being bike-less 1-1/2 weeks and couldn't stand it any longer... I taught myself to ride and took a safety course but as always.....Who wants to ride with a newbie.... I have fast reflexes, that was the first time I ever wrecked, Or laid down a bike....so granted I think I'm doin well. I'm just a bit slower on curves and Don't exactly know my way around the mountains. Being deaf is another reason I think some people hesiate to ride with me... I speak just fine, You wouldn't know I'm deaf, the implants help me hear 87% when I only had 2% hearing. It takes time and I just got them in dec, So I still rely on lip-reading.

Honda CBR600RR
    Plus extra bikes Ry has

Mommy to Cole Francis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    A n00b joined us on the Walden ride, why not this one?
    true....

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).

for some reason, I'm agreeing with matty on this one...

Its not that no one wants to ride with n00bs, wth, I still consider myself a newbie, its just I imagine the aforementioned southie ride will be rather spirited, and on said spirited rides, people generally want to ride with people they are familiar with, have ridden with them before, and are people that somewhat know the roads.

I work friday til late, or I'd be up for a ride...those southies are too crazy for me...
    Last edited by OUTLAWD; Thu Sep 10th, 2009 at 09:48 AM.

Riding with n00bs is never a problem, but as a n00b, it's usually helpful to have someone in front of you & behind you to show you the ropes of the canyon roads, how to corner, what to watch out for, and help you to ride your own pace, especially since you're new enough that you might not know your own pace yet! The more spirited rides sometimes lead n00bs on and they want to catch up or not get left b/c they don't know their way around the canyons so they ride over their abilities and can end up in a lot of trouble. I'd encourage you to maybe go out one on one or with a small group of folks who are n00b friendly and maybe they can help you through the canyons as you're learning to ride the bike in a new environment.

Thats the thing, At one point or another EVERYONE is a n00b! I'm just able to actually admit I'm one, I've put on over 8,000 Miles between the 2 bikes since going on almost 3 months now. Despite where I've rode how much I've rode, I'm still a n00b! How else are n00bs suppose to learn to do ANYTHING if NO ONE wants to show them... This is why I'm posting asking who wants to, I know how most people feel about tryin to ride with a n00b, Who knows you could actually be riding with a n00b they just don't tell you..

Honda CBR600RR
    Plus extra bikes Ry has

Mommy to Cole Francis.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CougarKat View Post
    Thats the thing, At one point or another EVERYONE is a n00b! I'm just able to actually admit I'm one, I've put on over 8,000 Miles between the 2 bikes since going on almost 3 months now. Despite where I've rode how much I've rode, I'm still a n00b! How else are n00bs suppose to learn to do ANYTHING if NO ONE wants to show them... This is why I'm posting asking who wants to, I know how most people feel about tryin to ride with a n00b, Who knows you could actually be riding with a n00b they just don't tell you..
    What part of town you @ ?
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Arvada, 84th and Wads, Daily route is wads til I reach Erie, I've also been cruisin alone on 120th, 104th, federal, i-25, South wads, i-70 to dia.....You name it I've been riding locally...

Honda CBR600RR
    Plus extra bikes Ry has

Mommy to Cole Francis.

i'll be out of town next week. and already riding with a faster group tomorrow. but when i get back, i'd be more than willing to take you out.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

i'm in Boulder. This time of year i ride almost every evening after work. If you wanna go -- lemme know.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    i'll be out of town next week. and already riding with a faster group tomorrow. but when i get back, i'd be more than willing to take you out.
    ditto

I'm always in for a weekend ride. Especially Sundays since the hb refuses to miss football

I think everyones point is that tomorrow is going to be a faster group, but there are definitely rides that are noob friendly. The CSC even does a noob ride every year. I just think tomorrows ride will be pretty fast paced is all. I have no issues riding with you beause of your hearing impairment, and I dont think most here would.

Also, you held onto the car? Thats awesome...well awesome in a not so awesome situation. Did they catch the driver?

2003 Triumph Bonneville (Goodwood green with gold inlay)

2006 Fusion White Speed Triple (SOLD)

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

When Friday? I'm at work during the day (in Boulder), but live just up the street from you (90th & Wads). I was planning on heading to Hooters on 120th for the Bike Night, but could hit up some canyons first if you wanted to meet me in Boulder?
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

hey girl i will ride with ya! Not a noob but I am free friday and would love to go!

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    Also, you held onto the car? Thats awesome...well awesome in a not so awesome situation. Did they catch the driver?
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Scers sidekick... PuhRobin Yearly Supporter Foolds's Avatar

Why don't you join us at hooters on Friday? Get to know some people. I'm sure me and the Gf could do a 2 up ride and take you up to the canyons some time soon. I am on the track Sunday otherwise we would go then. I might have Monday off next week how does that look?

I have no problem with a newb joining any ride I'm on as long as they don't override their abilities. I'll wait at all the turnoffs and what not, but anyone who has ridden with me knows I don't ride very slow, so as long as you don't feel intimidated or think you have to keep up, you're more than welcome to join us.

You busted out his window...that is awesome!