Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Saturday morning ride North

Re: Saturday morning ride North

Quote Originally Posted by CaneZach View Post
    What exactly is a "near-miss"? I meant to ask when that first came up. Isn't "nearly missing" something saying you actually hit it? Really, that sounds like something you say when you actually crash. "I was sliding and I nearly missed the guardrail." I think we need to come up with something new, like "near crash" or "serious pucker moment".
    True dat...I would call this a pucker moment where when I was passed in a corner going 40 by someone flying by me at 85, I had a come to Jesus moment where I saw my accident from 2 months ago flash before my eyes and thought..Holy SH*@! Thanks for remembering me with the mountain dew bottle..ZACH.

07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 600 (RIP)

Senior Member Yearly Supporter gtn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GixxerCarrie View Post
    True dat...I would call this a pucker moment where when I was passed in a corner going 40 by someone flying by me at 85, I had a come to Jesus moment where I saw my accident from 2 months ago flash before my eyes and thought..Holy SH*@! Thanks for remembering me with the mountain dew bottle..ZACH.
    I don't think I'd have appreciated that either.
    Gary
    08 CBR1000rr - Candy Dark Red/Metallic Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    Nice double yellow pass
    yeah, I haven't done that in years--i've gotten old i was conflicted about that, because so many others were doing it, and I ride a lot more conservatively than that day to day. I figured somebody would say something about that part of the video here, which is fine--I knew it wasn't very smart when I did it, but then, life without some calculated risks now and then isn't much of a life in my opinion.

But I take your point, and in fact while I was riding home on my own, I thought about my friend Kelly who broke his back and was paralyzed on a kawasaki, and whose spinal traction bed I set next to for four months in the Intensive Care Unit back in high school, watched him get addicted to demerol and have to kick that, spine surgeries, and having to use a catheter to piss, and on and on, and upon reflection I reckoned my old-fart regular riding style is probably something I should stick to.

But even so, it was a fun ride, and I'm glad I pushed it a bit that day. It reminds me why I don't ride that way anymore.

But if I said it wasn't a kick, I'd be lying.

^^^ your trumpet is awesome!

everyone had a hard-on to leave just as you guys rolled up, otherwise I would have made an attempt to check it out...triumph guys gotta stick together in the sea of UJM's

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsgood View Post
    yeah, I haven't done that in years--i've gotten old i was conflicted about that, because so many others were doing it, and I ride a lot more conservatively than that day to day. I figured somebody would say something about that part of the video here, which is fine--I knew it wasn't very smart when I did it, but then, life without some calculated risks now and then isn't much of a life in my opinion.

But I take your point, and in fact while I was riding home on my own, I thought about my friend Kelly who broke his back and was paralyzed on a kawasaki, and whose spinal traction bed I set next to for four months in the Intensive Care Unit back in high school, watched him get addicted to demerol and have to kick that, spine surgeries, and having to use a catheter to piss, and on and on, and upon reflection I reckoned my old-fart regular riding style is probably something I should stick to.

But even so, it was a fun ride, and I'm glad I pushed it a bit that day. It reminds me why I don't ride that way anymore.

But if I said it wasn't a kick, I'd be lying.
    I've passed in the same exact spot. I hate it because of the Magnolia Road intersection at the top of the grade. I'd reflect too on a friend in the ICU as you describe.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV