Thread: Golden Gate Canyon Video

Golden Gate Canyon Video

Found a weather window (and 1/2 day vacation) to bring the camcorder on a Wednesday AM ride. The destination was the Boulder Canyon. Yes, strange with the known traffic, but with it being a weekday and thinking how long it has been since I've been up it (I think 1999 on the Honda Shadow), well what the heck let's see it.

Well, the weather was gloomy, damp, and much colder than at higher elevations from whence I came. Unprepared and not feeling studly I pulled off at Golden Gate Canyon road, not wanting to go any further north. Good thing I did. Returned to Park County with snow just starting. Would have been tricky had I gone all the way to Boulder/Nederland. Anyway, recorded four roads from beginning to end and here's one, and it's a great road. I don't know it well, but went up it once last summer on a ride. I know some of you are probably intimate with it.

The video begins with cool and overcast skies as the canyon is entered. Things brighten and clear up as altitude is gained. Sand becomes more prevalent also. Have to stay in tire tracks on occasion. When the road concludes at the Peak to Peak highway, the elevation is 3400 feet higher than the start, with plenty of ups and downs, tight curves, S curves, sweepers, straights, vistas, etc. along the way.

Anyway, three hefty files to choose from if you have a big pipe to the web. The first two are bigger screen, higher bit rate, five minute highlights of the road, with commentary. They are identical except one has no soundtrack (The first one), and the other one does. Choices, choices...

Golden Gate Canyon Tour - Streaming Video
    Golden Gate Canyon Tour w/Accompaniment - Streaming Video

The version below is smaller screen, lower bit rate, but it is the whole enchilada. 21 minutes from beginning to end. No interruption, no commentary, just the ride with the exhaust note accompanying. Great way to have 21 minutes go by like that (snapping finger). There is some brief external mic static in a few spots. Think I know why as I try to figure out minimizing wind noise. Getting closer.

Golden Gate Canyon Tour From Beginning to End - Streaming Video

Re: Golden Gate Canyon Video

More good videos from brother Steve. Keep up the great work.

Gee that instrument cluster and engine sound sure look and sound familiar.

Cheers.
    Marc
    84 R100RS LE, 14 Ducati MTSGT, 18 Desert Sled, 73 850 Commando, 78 CT90, 14 Ural, 74 Eldorado police, 64 R50/2, 01 DRZ400E, 94 900SS/CR, 77 HD XLCR, 2011 T100, 63 MG Falcone', 75 Ducati 860GT, 2015 Royal Enfield Classic Chrome, 2009 XR1200, 1944 Nimbus, 1989 GB500 https://lomaxcm.smugmug.com/

Re: Golden Gate Canyon Video

Yes Marc! You know the look and feel of this "thing"! We must connect for a ride sometime... can talk H-D and GS too .

Steve