ive really fallen in love with track riding since last summer and nothing beats it imo. i will still always have a street bike i think but my attitude on the street is changing. the thrills of racing cant be replicated in the canyons so i have really calmed down in the twistys. seems like everytime i go out i push the pace less and less as im getting faster and faster on the track. i feel super vulnerable riding fast without my leathers now. so much that my R1 is losing its appeal to ride on the streets and my mind often wanders to speed triple/streetfighter sportbikes which are more fun and comfortable to ride at slower paces. im not concerned with injury, if i was i would probably find a different hobby haha. my biggest fear on the street is going to jail.

im with the other person though, after tens of thousands of street miles in the last five years ive yet to have a super precarious moment, especially caused by someone else. ive had a few already in one season of track riding though. i dont commute on a bike though. sometimes ride to work but mostly only pleasure rides with low traffic and ideal conditions.

cliffs notes: track time and racing is changing my focus on the street from getting thrills to much safer, relaxed, fun and enjoyment.