Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Strictly Track?

Re: Strictly Track?

ive really fallen in love with track riding since last summer and nothing beats it imo. i will still always have a street bike i think but my attitude on the street is changing. the thrills of racing cant be replicated in the canyons so i have really calmed down in the twistys. seems like everytime i go out i push the pace less and less as im getting faster and faster on the track. i feel super vulnerable riding fast without my leathers now. so much that my R1 is losing its appeal to ride on the streets and my mind often wanders to speed triple/streetfighter sportbikes which are more fun and comfortable to ride at slower paces. im not concerned with injury, if i was i would probably find a different hobby haha. my biggest fear on the street is going to jail.

im with the other person though, after tens of thousands of street miles in the last five years ive yet to have a super precarious moment, especially caused by someone else. ive had a few already in one season of track riding though. i dont commute on a bike though. sometimes ride to work but mostly only pleasure rides with low traffic and ideal conditions.

cliffs notes: track time and racing is changing my focus on the street from getting thrills to much safer, relaxed, fun and enjoyment.

Agreed there sag, insane how much just a single visit to the track changes you and your perspective on safety and what's key when you're behind 2 wheels. The track is just simply where its at!
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by WolFeYeZ View Post
    Were you on that Tron looking bike thing? What is that exactly?
    That's mine - more about it in my profile's web link.

Ive been seriously considering selling my street bike and racing im just not sure if I would miss having a street bike or not I know for a fact I would miss my 1198 but for the price of it I could afford to put a serious race effort in. I just seem to be losing interest in riding on te street more and more every year. On thart note anyone want to buy a ducati