Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops up north

Angry Cops up north

Sure have a tampon up their @$$3$ today! I just pissed off a cop coming home, thing is he's OFF duty. In his own vehicle. All I did was drive in 2nd gear at 45 mph so my Rpms were high, Yeah I know my bike is a bit loud, Who cares, Noise oridence isn't until 8PM! Had a long crappy day and he's got the guts to pull up next to me and tell me that, I told him he can go fuck a pig. GRRRRR. Pretty sure he's gonna be lookin out of me, and if I get a ticket by HIM I got his plates! proves he's been stalkin me! Lol. (had to vent)

"Smile It Makes Your Butt Shine!!-Cougarkat"

Honda CBR600RR
    Plus extra bikes Ry has

Mommy to Cole Francis.
    Back to riding again soon... New mommy to Aden Matthew!

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Re: Cops up north

You GO GIRL!!!!
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

don't be a moron and ride around in second gear with your engine screaming. It's just as annoying as harley guys and their straight pipes. No difference whatsoever. I have no sympathy for you because you chose to be a inconsiderate of everyone else.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King Nothing View Post
    don't be a moron and ride around in second gear with your engine screaming. It's just as annoying as harley guys and their straight pipes. No difference whatsoever. I have no sympathy for you because you chose to be a inconsiderate of everyone else.
    Ms. Manners speaks.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by CougarKat View Post
    Sure have a tampon up their @$$3$ today! I just pissed off a cop coming home, thing is he's OFF duty. In his own vehicle. All I did was drive in 2nd gear at 45 mph so my Rpms were high, Yeah I know my bike is a bit loud, Who cares, Noise oridence isn't until 8PM! Had a long crappy day and he's got the guts to pull up next to me and tell me that, I told him he can go fuck a pig. GRRRRR. Pretty sure he's gonna be lookin out of me, and if I get a ticket by HIM I got his plates! proves he's been stalkin me! Lol. (had to vent)

Thats not going to matter (The Stalking part). He is probly just going to show up at your front door with a ticket when he gets back on duty. And yes he can do that.
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

^+100^

I understand but really, you r just adding to the stigma that every person on a sportbike is a prick,,,,even just returning the favor like you did. It never hurts to be the bigger person.
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter

I don't thinks that was the smartest move you could of made...
    2015 R1200GS
    03 & 11 XR-50 pit bike
    07 & 08 DRZ 400SM
    06 FJR 1300
    70 SL 350
    75 MT 250

If I'm riding in an area with heavy traffic, I usually keep the RPMs at about 8000-10000...it just makes it easier to get out of a hairy situation quickly.
    Nathaniel
    13 DRZ400SM (mine) -- 08 CBR 600RR (wife's) -- 06 GSX-R 600 (sold)
    I don't always test my code, but when I do, I do it in production.

Quote Originally Posted by LambeauXLIV View Post
    If I'm riding in an area with heavy traffic, I usually keep the RPMs at about 8000-10000...it just makes it easier to get out of a hairy situation quickly.
    I find i can down shift pretty quick which elimnates all the extra noise.
    2015 R1200GS
    03 & 11 XR-50 pit bike
    07 & 08 DRZ 400SM
    06 FJR 1300
    70 SL 350
    75 MT 250

Quote Originally Posted by CougarKat View Post
    All I did was drive in 2nd gear at 45 mph so my Rpms were high, Yeah I know my bike is a bit loud, Who cares, Noise oridence isn't until 8PM!
    just goes to show you that just because its not illegal, doesnt mean its smart. kinda like open carry being legal.... walking around with a gun strapped to your hip.... you get a lot of unwanted attention.... or maybe you want the attention....

06 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by PhL0aTeR View Post
    just goes to show you that just because its not illegal, doesnt mean its smart. kinda like open carry being legal.... walking around with a gun strapped to your hip.... you get a lot of unwanted attention.... or maybe you want the attention....
    It's obvious she got the attention she craved, then she complained when someone told to stop being an attention whore.
    Last edited by King Nothing; Sun Sep 20th, 2009 at 10:03 PM.

Damn, someone beat me to the punch.
    Last edited by CaneZach; Mon Sep 21st, 2009 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Where the hell did that capital M come from???

Quote Originally Posted by CaneZach View Post
    DaMn, someone beat me to the punch.

Why you talking about me like that.
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

Gee Doug, you mean you don't think "go fuck a pig" is an appropriate remark in every situation?

C'mon over and join Zach and me for root beers.
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

In A Land Far Far Far Away Lifetime Supporter

I don't think you did anything wrong, until you told him to go fuck a pig, not good, if you didn't do that I'd say go to his superiors......but nothing to say now it was a pissing match between you two.

BTW how did he get to talk to you at all from his POV if I don't see lights or them flashing a badge or two wheels to ride on I don't sit around chit chatting? Might consider checking into the tag of that car anyway may not have been a cop at all but a mall cop/security, ya know?
    Αφροδίτη

https://www.facebook.com/dcbk.stanley

The one in the back still catching up....

Well Cougarkat, hm. Remember that people say things on the internet in ways that, in my experience at least, they would say in a more civil and diplomatic way face-to-face. I've actually had people threaten to beat my ass on the net (as an example from other forums and other times, nothing to do with this forum or conversation) and then met them in person and found them to be quite well-mannered and polite. It's just something the net seems to bring out in people, myself included. So try not to take it personally. :-)

On the other hand, for what it's worth, although I am no expert, and still learn something about street survival on a bike with every ride, one of the most important things I've learned on bikes in traffic (where we do most of our riding) is that Conflict Management is a very important skill--I would say more important that technical riding ability, as far as day-to-day riding in traffic goes.

I will never be the most skilled rider at actually handling and operating the motorcycle, but I've gotten pretty good at reading the surrounding traffic. I can tell when somebody is gonna change lanes often before the driver themself knows for sure what they are gonna do. Learning to anticipate and avoid conflict, and trying to maintain 360 degree awareness of traffic is a skill much more important to me than being the most accomplished rider, technically speaking. It keeps me out of the hospital! :-)

I generally haven't used sound (engine noise, horn) to keep the drivers around me aware of my presence, mostly because they often have their windows shut with the radio going or talking on their celphones or yelling at their kids or whatever, so I can't count on noise, so usually I do it visually--keeping my bike where everybody can see me, making eye contact, or at least seeing their face looking in my direction for example. Until I SEE them look at me, as far as I'm concerned, they don't know I'm there. And it's all situation dependent, of course, and I don't always get that eye contact but in that case, my Terminator HUD overlay in my brain marks that car as a more serious hazard than the rest of the surrounding traffic.

Ah, the Terminator HUD Overlay... it's awesome. Got mine at Walmart on sale. Installing it was a real Headache, ba-dum bump! I'll be here all week! Be sure to tip your waitress.

From your description, it doesn't sound like you were making noise to make other drivers aware of your presence, you were just enjoying the sound of your bike. I've done it, we've all done it. :-) But I think some of the flak you are catching is from people who are aware that there are a lot of people out there who just plain don't like motorcycles, and they are concerned about anything that gives motorcycles and their riders a "bad image". The city of Denver passed a law last year prohibiting loud pipes, and these days, there is always some group looking to ban something or other. I would imagine that is where some of the frustration you are seeing is coming from.

Again, try not to take the criticism too personally. If we all were sitting around some beers together talking about this rather than on a forum, people would make the same points, but I'm sure the conversation would be a lot more easy-going and friendly. It's just the net. :-)

--Robert

Probably one of those riders that barrels up and down Sheridan (right by my window) racing to the next stop light winding out the gears....

Straight roads and stoplights!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Probably one of those riders that barrels up and down Sheridan (right by my window) racing to the next stop light winding out the gears....

Straight roads and stoplights!
    Rockin the flat spot... Baby
    2015 R1200GS
    03 & 11 XR-50 pit bike
    07 & 08 DRZ 400SM
    06 FJR 1300
    70 SL 350
    75 MT 250

+1 to King Nothing

Police have every right to stop your ass and correct you on the spot IMO. I'm happy he did. Get over it. For them to take the time out of their personal life while not being paid for such sounds like sacerfice and being a service to the community to me. Because next time you get robbed at gun point by three thugs and no patrol car is around, bet you sure as hell will hope there is an off-duty cop around like that guy to step in.

Sickens me you want to tell off someone for doing such a thing. Here's to you fuck nut that can't suffer a bad day but take out on someone else... drop your kickstand and get the fuck off your high horse.
    2006 DRZ SM
    2003 RIZLA GSX-R 1000 (sold)
    2008 R6

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

whoah Pauliep... +1
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Riding around at 45mph in 2nd gear screams newbie or A-hole. The "go fuck a pig" isnt going to help anyone either. Be careful and be aware there are road ragers aplenty out there also and being on 2 wheels is a huge disadvantage.
    3rd is one shift up
    Whatdja learn?

Okay... so I dont know the person who posted this thread... and yes, I think what she did was stupid.... but why is every one being so mean? Did I miss something and there is something personal going on in here?

Its fine to post up your opinion but I dont think name calling and all the hostility is necessary???
    Whatever jack ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol'Skool View Post
    Riding around at 45mph in 2nd gear screams newbie or A-hole. The "go fuck a pig" isnt going to help anyone either. Be careful and be aware there are road ragers aplenty out there also and being on 2 wheels is a huge disadvantage.
    3rd is one shift up
    Yeah... like that!!
    Whatever jack ass.

AKA "Devaclis"

Quote Originally Posted by Skinbabe View Post
    Okay... so I dont know the person who posted this thread... and yes, I think what she did was stupid.... but why is every one being so mean? Did I miss something and there is something personal going on in here?

Its fine to post up your opinion but I dont think name calling and all the hostility is necessary???
    Because a lot of people have nuts on the internet.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!