Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Cops up north

Re: Cops up north

In A Land Far Far Far Away Lifetime Supporter

No flakes yet around here, (Alameda/Sheridan) but lots of wet stuff.
    Αφροδίτη

https://www.facebook.com/dcbk.stanley

The one in the back still catching up....

Exclamation Re: Cops up north

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite View Post
    No flakes yet around here, (Alameda/Sheridan) but lots of wet stuff.
    wet stuff??????

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Red mtn:

"Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

In A Land Far Far Far Away Lifetime Supporter

^ frak so depressing
    Αφροδίτη

https://www.facebook.com/dcbk.stanley

The one in the back still catching up....

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Tell me about it.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Webman View Post
    I ride my bike how I want to ride it, in whatever gear I want to be in, and if you don't like it, there's nothing you can do about it. My bike is stock, including my exhaust, which means no matter how high my RPMs are, the noise level should be within legal limits. If I want to ride around at 60mph in 1st gear (about 12-13k), I'll fucking do it. And when you tell me I'm being an asshole, I'll point to your aftermarket exhaust and call you a hypocrite. But to call my (and others') similar actions noobish (which I am not) or squidish (which I am not), especially when you don't actually know how loud 45mph in 2nd gear is, is ridiculous. The name calling, on the other hand, is definitely the incorrect approach.

45 in 2nd gear is about 7k on my bike. Well within acceptable limits. As for the cop name calling, you'll find that when you approach with more smarts than they're capable of understanding (which is common... that's why they're cops)
    A few things that I feel are noteworthy. She has a Yoshimura exhaust, I know from experience that "high RPM's" on a Yosh pipe are pretty damn loud. It might not be over any legal limits, but it sounds freakin' loud and has a higher pitch then some pipes. I don't really care if she does it, but if you are going to have aftermarket or loud pipes, you should be prepared to deal with this kind of thing. Also, if your loud pipes start drawing attention to other people and it negatively effects them, you can bet they are going to tell you in one way or another.

The comment about cops being cops because they lack intelligence (as you implied) is way off base. That is like saying a Chef is a Chef because they weren't strong enough to work construction (They chose the job because it was what they wanted to do). True, some cops do it for power, others do it to actually make a difference or enforce the laws.

On a separate note to the OP, you mentioned that you could "feel" that your bike is not over any kind of decibel limit. Have you actually felt the decibel limit? Also, when a noise approaches that limit, does it "feel" annoying or cause discomfort? (I am not being an ass, I truly would like to know)

Formerly known as "redrider" Monster's Avatar

wow there is a lot of love up in here. Ride how you want to ride and be prepared to pay the piper if your breaking the law. I have one bike with a Yoshi, one bike with a D&D and I had a full system Erion racing exhaust. All three are tits but the Yoshi had the lowest sound and at only 6K on the rpms isn't that bad. Now my D&D is another story.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Looks like this has gotten off topic...guess it's done