^ +1 to Scott

and I know how greg likes to ride...and yes, he uses the tires to a decent % of their capability.

I still can't be sold on race take-offs for the street. I put new 2ct's (~$330 mounted off bike) on the gixxer, and the rear lasted 2 track days and 3k street miles(~3 months), the sides are totally shot (well, the right side anyway, silly right handed tracks)

At this rate, race take-offs at say $75/set if you're lucky, to get a set of tires with ~2 trackdays at my pace left on them. say even split duty, 1 trackday and a month of canyon riding, thats going to be about 3 sets in 3 months (conservative estimate because I commute on a different bike usually).

When you add the cost of mounting and balancing, plus the time and gas $ to get them mounted and pick them up, you are right back at $300, if not more, for 3 months worth of tires, in my case. And you are running used tires that are not designed specifically for street use.

but as far as good deals on tires, you can't beat DK @ 303. and if you need a stand and a garage, you can bring it over here and make use of the stands/tools/garage anytime you want, and just leave the bike while you get the tires mounted