Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Novice class tires

Re: Novice class tires

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil";p="194625
    I rode Michelin 2 years ago and I was really happy with them. This years prices are to much for my wallet.
    Can't argue with that.

I guess $335 (dunlop) vs $370 (michelin) is a big gap, and less then $300 (brigestone) is an even bigger diffrence.
    Gene Bazyl
    MRA, ASMA #502
    AMA SS & FX #503

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    Yeah, especially when you buy a set every weekend. $100 more per set comes out to $1000 for the season. Team Bridgestone at approx $250/set sounds good to me!
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Is that for the new BT-002 tires? (TK - rocks ) What is TK retail on them (so we are comparing the same thing)?

I know a lot of people are paying a lot lower then 370 for Michelin and 335 for Dunlop.
    Gene Bazyl
    MRA, ASMA #502
    AMA SS & FX #503

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopty";p="194637
    Yeah, especially when you buy a set every weekend. $100 more per set comes out to $1000 for the season. Team Bridgestone at approx $250/set sounds good to me!

Hell yeah. Im in the same boat. 10 sets costs a bundle. 100 per set is a ton o cash to me. In addition, I actually like the Bridgestones alot. They last a good long time, give good warning when they are done, and heat up super fast. Especially the new 002's. They are far superior to the 001 IMO Id ride Mich if they were way cheeper. Id ride Dunlop if I didnt have to deal wiuth Newby. Bridgestone and TK........ Not a negative to say about that deal. Ill stick with my Stones!!!!

I think reg price for Stones is ~305. Our team was quoted 370 a set for Mich......
    R6-Forum's June 2010 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:
    Rief Resources Media/Rebellion Motorsports /
    Lockhart Phillips / Factory Backing / GoPro Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Lel";p="194602
    sorry about that, just read though peoples posts and try to give relevant info from what they are talking about... I really should put all my thoughts into one post huh??

lol

jason
    I only have ONE question for you and your company however.

Can we still go three seconds faster on Dunlop tires now that Newby is out of the business?

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe";p="194650
    Can we still go three seconds faster on Dunlop tires now that Newby is out of the business?

One thing that I don't recall having been mentioned yet (and it's kind of important) - no matter what tires you get, make sure your bike's geometry is adjusted for them - each brand (and often even different models within the same brand) will have different profiles (taller, shorter), causing different ride characteristics unless the geometry has been raised/lowered accordingly. Each of the tire vendors should have the specifics for any bike.

Oh, and last I heard (which was last year), regular price on the Bridgestones was $305/set (and yes, that's the BT-002's).

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe";p="194650

You forgot Newby's favorite line of "If you where on Dunlops you would not have crashed."
    Gene Bazyl
    MRA, ASMA #502
    AMA SS & FX #503

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman";p="194661
    One thing that I don't recall having been mentioned yet (and it's kind of important) - no matter what tires you get, make sure your bike's geometry is adjusted for them - each brand (and often even different models within the same brand) will have different profiles (taller, shorter), causing different ride characteristics unless the geometry has been raised/lowered accordingly. Each of the tire vendors should have the specifics for any bike.
    The above statement can't be more TRUE. Don't switch tire brands without finding out the the profile of the tires. I switched to Pirelli's this year(which are sold by Racer Supply, who will be at all 10 races, and are by far the best tire for the $$$$)and had a heck of a time getting the setup switched from my previous tire brand. Also make sure you get the same compound all the time. Don't take the vendors word find the code on the tire and check it everytime you buy tires. Also be very cautious when a vendor says they have a special tire for you. You could end up on your head very quickly.

Lurch
    MRA #retired

HAHAHAH nice ralph. Nah dunlops wont make you 3 seconds faster. Tires are tires each have a plus and a minus... imo it is almost more rider preference then anything else. I know everyone here could learn to ride any brand of tire we have been talking about... just a preference thing. I like dunlops because thats what I am getting to know... I really dont have any experience on any other set of tires (hense why I dont talk about them) and only talk about dunlops because thats all i know.

As for people getting less then 335 a set for the dunlops thats not true. There is not a single person paying less then 335 a set (retail is 349 I believe) 335 for US front, UK tripple compound rear tire is the price for the ENTIRE MRA. This is for the US 208 gp front, UK Sportmax (aka 209 gp) tire.

Jason
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

So how are ppl getting less than 370 on michelins?
    MRA 36 & AMA 336