Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bike got stolen out of my garage last night - FOUND!!

Re: Bike got stolen out of my garage last night

Got a call earlier this evening, they found the bike.

It was out east of town on Hwy 24, run out of gas. I hope he had a long walk home in the cold. At least I know the dumbass burnt his leg on the exhaust, that's a little bit comforting.

Just got home... Was a beautiful night for a ride.
    I'm old enough to know better, but still too young to care...

-----------------------

If you're not breakin' shit, you're not riding hard enough!

good to hear!!! no more key in the garage, for me too
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Quote Originally Posted by DorJammer View Post
    So my ADT security evaluation on my house resulted in a very starteling observation.

If you have an automatic garage door opener, anyone (and this guy did it in under 5 seconds) can simply push on the top of the door slip a coat hanger through the top, and if you have the pull rope with the neat little T shaped handle, he can have the door unlocked and opened in seconds.

I no longer have the T handle. and now I have a motion detector in my garage
    Note to self: Install up a high current wire where the rope should be.

congrats dude thats awesome news. had mine lifted in the spring its the worst feeling ever. sweet lookin bike, i would have gladly run the dude off the road for u
    -Ryan

2008 KTM Super Duke 990

Any damage to the bike?
    2011 Ducati 848 Evo "Bautista"
    2002 Honda RC-51 "Big Boi"

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

Hope they catch the person. Breaking and entering to steal the bike is a pretty serious offense, especially if the garage is attached. Glad you are doing well, and that you have your bike back.
    Last edited by Ninja2; Tue Sep 22nd, 2009 at 10:21 PM.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

Excellent news.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Thats awesome man! Not often you hear of a stolen vehicle returned in good shape!
    Brian - 09 Buell 1125CR

watch craiglist and any place selling or asking to buy buell parts.
    thieves can lick my nether regions
    ggrrrrrrr
    LOVE my XB.....i'd be really lost with out it.

yeah x eleventy billion
    dont store the key and vehicle together.
    glad you got it back !!!

Smile Re: Bike got stolen out of my garage last night

hey urban.......
    maybe have the dealer give the bike the once over....ride it and all.if ANYTHING is out of the ordinary.....file an insurance claim.
    when cars get recovered ,man EVERY little ding and scratch is suddenly from the theft LOL
    you pay for the insurance.....make sure to use it if ANY little thing was done by the scumbag.scratches on bottom of the muffler etc etc .and bottom of forks and swing arm.anything.

P

Re: Bike got stolen out of my garage last night - FOUND!!

Good news

No word on the perp(s), I take it :/
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Glad to see you got it back. I hope they pick up the guy that stole it.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

No major damage that I can see. A few scratches on the tail section/airbox cover, and he screwed up my exhaust wrap when he melted his leg on it... Other than that, it seems to be running OK.

I'll be talking with the insurance today.

As for LoJack, I've got my own security system I'm developing. Actually been working on it for a few months in my spare time, guess I'll have to work on finishing it a bit sooner.

Will have GPS tracking, so you can log onto Google Earth yourself and see exactly where the bike is at all times. I'm adding features such as a live video feed, so you can see the face of the person riding it... The stuff all works, it's just a matter of getting it into a package that you can mount on the bike inconspicuously.

It sends data over the cell network, so anywhere with cell phone coverage you can track it and tap into the video feed. Depending on the bike, I can tap into the ECU and monitor engine parameters like temp, fuel level, RPM, speed, etc... Possibly even kill the motor myself.

You just add it onto your existing cell phone plan, and pay whatever monthly fee your cell company charges (Usually $15-$20 a month)

-----------------------

Great news Urban Assault! Never know, maybe with the insurance claims it may work out in your favor.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Assault View Post
    No major damage that I can see. A few scratches on the tail section/airbox cover, and he screwed up my exhaust wrap when he melted his leg on it... Other than that, it seems to be running OK.

As for LoJack, I've got my own security system I'm developing. Actually been working on it for a few months in my spare time, guess I'll have to work on finishing it a bit sooner.

Will have GPS tracking, so you can log onto Google Earth yourself and see exactly where the bike is at all times. I'm adding features such as a live video feed, so you can see the face of the person riding it... The stuff all works, it's just a matter of getting it into a package that you can mount on the bike inconspicuously.

It sends data over the cell network, so anywhere with cell phone coverage you can track it and tap into the video feed. Depending on the bike, I can tap into the ECU and monitor engine parameters like temp, fuel level, RPM, speed, etc... Possibly even kill the motor myself.

You just add it onto your existing cell phone plan, and pay whatever monthly fee your cell company charges (Usually $15-$20 a month)
    First off Congrats on gettin her back. She's too nice to loose. Get some DNA and send it to CSI tell'm to make a show out of it to.
    Now this dealy your making might be worth while!!! I currently have Lo-jack w/ early warning set up. And yes it works, the early warning part.
    2015 R1200GS
    03 & 11 XR-50 pit bike
    07 & 08 DRZ 400SM
    06 FJR 1300
    70 SL 350
    75 MT 250

Great news!!!! That system sounds pretty sick, you might end up being a millionaire!!!
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun View Post
    Great news!!!! That system sounds pretty sick, you might end up being a millionaire!!!
    Yeah, it's really just for personal use. I don't know if I'll produce them for sale, but we'll see what happens when I get the bugs worked out. If there's enough interest, who knows...

Thanks for the support, guys. It's been a huge relief getting her back.

-Tim

-----------------------

Wow Tim! I'm glad you got your bike back.

Yeah, it's really just for personal use. I don't know if I'll produce them for sale, but we'll see what happens when I get the bugs worked out. If there's enough interest, who knows...

Thanks for the support, guys. It's been a huge relief getting her back.

-Tim
    Maybe you should have the option to divert the coil outputs to the front of the seat .... Jus' sayin'
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Not to rain on anybodies parade, but I would be very careful before you start selling them. There is a reason Lojack will only report to the police, if the location company provides the info to the owner and he finds his bike and 'punishes' the thief then the company could be an accessory to assault or even murder.

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    Not to rain on anybodies parade, but I would be very careful before you start selling them. There is a reason Lojack will only report to the police, if the location company provides the info to the owner and he finds his bike and 'punishes' the thief then the company could be an accessory to assault or even murder.
    Your right. Maybe he will have to sell them for the absent minded drunk to find their bike in a parking lot.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

In this case, I wouldn't be selling the location service, as LoJack does.

I would be selling a cellular data device to monitor your motorcycle. How you use that device and what you do with the information is your own business. No different than using a cell phone to track your employees, or children, (or spouse, as some people do...). In fact, it's the exact same technology.

I could see where someone might try to threaten a lawsuit, but since there is no ongoing service I'm providing other than a way to track your own property, on your own time, using your own resources, it legally puts me in the clear.

A woman can't sue Nokia for selling a cell phone that her husband used to track her down while she was cheating on him, especially if she STOLE the cell phone.

It's all baloney for now anyways. I'm one of those guys that starts a million projects and never finishes any of them.

-----------------------

Glad to hear you got your baby back.
    Interesting idea on the bike locator.
    Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
    Jules Winnfield-- Pulp Fiction

-Bob-

'07 Yamaha FJR1300