Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What really Grinds Your Gears?

AKA "Devaclis"

What really Grinds Your Gears?

I do not like folding t-shirts. I can get the sleeves to line up but the bottom always seems to have the seams misaligned or something.

I hate undoing twist ties from video cables shipped by Dell. Do you HAVE to twist the exactly 47 times to secure a cable?

Folding paper bags drives me nuts! I can never get the creases lined up to fold them the first time.

Waiting in line behind ANYONE writing a check. Really? A check? coooommmmmmoooooonnnnnn!!!!!

When I get a twisty cone at DQ and they do not fill the bottom of the cone with ice cream, they only fill the top. Who wants to eat a dry empty cone?
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Re: What really Grinds Your Gears?

Motorcyclist riding with baby leads to 3 arrests

People who say, "thank you for your patience". They assumed incorrectly...
    It works! Slow in, Fast out
    "Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet, especially if the people reading it don't know you personally". By Spiderman
    Neither irony nor sarcasm is argument. By Rufus Choate
    Be smart, be nice, do what'cha love and always have fun.
    Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food. - Hippocrates
    I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone. - The Hippocratic Oath

How about folding fitted sheets... it never works and always ends up a wrinkled mess. Makes me cranky.
    Whatever jack ass.

When I say "without tomato" and still get it.

The amount of mustard placed on the simple cheezeburger at BK, they must get paid per ounce used or something.

Suddenly getting disconnected from xbox live when I am kicking ass at COD4.

The packaging on any thing for my daughter, my goodness you would think a Bratz Doll was the most valuable thing in the world they way the bundle those things up.

having a thousand plastic bags from the grocery store and not being able to find one when I need one.

Not being able to find the right flapper for the toilet, I own more fucking flappers that don't fit a single toilet in my house, aauugghh!!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

kittah pics

AKA "Devaclis"

Fitted sheets can go to hell! haha I just wad them up in a ball and stuff them in a closet until I need them
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Word to that on the fitted sheets, stupidest invention ever.

Oral noises drive me crazy, the thought of listening to someone eat cereal makes me want to scream.

OOOh the old Lone Tree people that sit outside the Apple store in Park Meadows playing with their iphones!
    Last edited by TheStig; Fri Oct 2nd, 2009 at 07:46 AM.

2003 Triumph Bonneville (Goodwood green with gold inlay)

2006 Fusion White Speed Triple (SOLD)

The security guard that asks, EVERY DAY, where the "rest" of my bike is... Because windscreens and chrome are somehow absolute necessities?

Nice guy, but really?! Once was funny, 317 times... not funny anymore, just annoying.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    Oral noises drive me crazy, the thought of listening to someone eat cereal makes me want to scream.
    Word.

When I was growing up, my stepfather HATED that--lip smacking, scraping teeth on your fork, slurping, etc. Those were offenses worth a-paddlin'. So now I hate them too. Sometimes I feel a very strong urge to take a wooden spoon to the Indian guy in the cube next to me. Do they have medication for that?

AKA "Devaclis"

The people in my building who ask me every day "Did you ride in today? Arent' you cold"

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Downshifting without using the clutch usually grinds them pretty good...
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Not a whole lot...

Well, cept for people who say one thing and then do another.

Also, talking a big game and then never producing...seriously? Step up, or gtfo!
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

AKA "Devaclis"

HTFU

Member Lifetime Supporter CBRSue's Avatar

People who only call me when they need a favor or advice or something... don't get me wrong, I'm cool with helpin' out my fellow man/woman but a lead in with a "How've ya been," now and again would be nice.
    Susan

People who drive slow in the left lane!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CBRSue View Post
    People who only call me when they need a favor or advice or something... don't get me wrong, I'm cool with helpin' out my fellow man/woman but a lead in with a "How've ya been," now and again would be nice.
    How've ya been, Sue? Haven't talked with ya in ages. Hope all is well.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    Well, cept for people who say one thing and then do another.

Also, talking a big game and then never producing...seriously? Step up, or gtfo!
    And just who the hell are you callin' out Cathy!
    Say it!

People who post threads and polls about process based, useless information, idiosyncratic tasks like my teeth & how I brush them, my underware and what I wear, how I post and what I post to.

people who post in a thread that they might come to an event, but don't offer any reason as to what's keeping them from coming. Permissable: "I might come to this event because I would like to but have already made a prior commitment which I am now trying to wriggle out of." Not permissable: "I might be there" which implies that you might be there if people you think are cool are going to be there, there's going to be free beer, you can look cool being there and others can see you being cool, etc.

People who can't figure out that there are two fucking lanes of traffic for two speeds of drivers and that if you're in the left lane and going slower than those in the right lane, I get the right to punch you in each testicle.

Douchebags on any kind of public transportation or in any kind of public space that insist on talking on their phone like they're yelling across a busy street. No one cares that you got so drunk last night and took a huge shit this morning because of it.

Hippies.

People who butcher the English Language and then insist that they're using it properly. News flash: There's no "b" in supposedly, no "t" in across, and if you've ever used the word "irregardless" in anything more than a jest or example of poor language skills, you should be dragged out the street and shot.

People who have replaced politeness with indifference, surliness, or self loathing

Arrogance

Douchebags who walk into a place looking to bow up at any given opportunity. "You're walk'n into the bathroom, I was just IN the bathroom, you wanna go tough guy?"

The fact that places that are fun to hang out at and enjoy others company too often charge for one beer what it would cost me for a 6 pack & a slim jim.

People who can't man up and appologize or take responsibility for their actions

Racists

The E! Television channel

The fact that the only thing you can learn on The Learning Channel nowadays is how to turn your wife's body into a baby factory and publicly end your marriage as messily as possible.

Anything that has been in a People magazine, ever.

People who think that just because I don't like something, that I'm stupid, ignorant, or motivated by hate. Sorry, just because your rap song sucks, doesn't make me a racist.

The fact that people seem to put as much thought into marriage and children nowadays as they put into destroying their credit and less thought than they put into which shirt to wear today.

People who think that I should subsidize their problems

People who think that no matter what crime, act of incredible stupidity, or gross atrocity of morals they've committed, they've got rights that they think keep them from getting into trouble. You had the right to not break the law. You had the right to remain silent. Why don't I ever hear people defending those rights?

People who bring two facts to an argument but continue to argue long after those facts have been discussed and put to bed, just to be right. A debate is when two or more people consider each others ideas with an open mind to produce an amicable solution. If you can't reasonably consider the opinions of anyone other than those who agree with you, then you're not in a debate, you're in a yelling match and you need to take it outside.

When the time between commercial breaks seems shorter than either of the commercial breaks

Idiots

People with bumper stickers that say anything other than "student driver"

Drivers who almost kill you on the road and then look at you like you are the one driving like a jackass.

Motorcycle thieves

Poor sports

The entire state of California and anyone who refers to it as "cali." When I'm on a trip, I don't go on for hours about how great "colo" is and how you wouldn't understand if you didn't live there.

It's only a Jeep thing that I wouldn't understand if "Jeep" is French for "douchebag."

Drivers who would rather drive themselves off the road or wreck their car into you rather then tap the breaks and merge into an open spot behind you. If you're coming over and there's nothing I can do to stop you then I feel obligated to point to you that my car is bigger than yours, the pieces are cheaper, and I don't really care what happens to it.

Attention whores who can't find an opinion to stick to

People who insist on doing things poorly and then refuse to accept any help, constructive criticism, or acknowledge that there might be room for improvement.

When people don't realize that the word "at" is superfluous and should end virtually no sentence. "Were are you at?" Really? Let's try it again. "Where are you?" See? You just saved yourself a whole word.

How political battles are quickly becoming less about the issues at hand and more about being right.

The fact that now I'm all pissed off and I've still got 7 more hours of work to go.
    Last edited by MetaLord 9; Fri Oct 2nd, 2009 at 02:22 PM.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Downshifting without using the clutch usually grinds them pretty good...
    not if you have a slipper.

people driving slower than the flow of traffic in the carpool lanes and/or far left lane.

people who don't return phone calls. But demand they be called back at the drop of a hat.

people that worry to much about other people.

post whores!!!! lol.
    Last edited by Matty; Fri Oct 2nd, 2009 at 08:40 AM.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    People who post threads and polls about process based, useless information, idiosyncratic tasks like my teeth & how I brush them, my underware and what I wear, how I post and what I post to.

people who post in a thread that they might come to an event, but don't offer any reason as to what's keeping them from coming. Permissable: "I might come to this event because I would like to but have already made a prior commitment which I am now trying to wriggle out of." Not permissable: "I might be there" which implies that you might be there if people you think are cool are going to be there, there's going to be free beer, you can look cool being there and others can see you being cool, etc.

People who can't figure out that there are two fucking lanes of traffic for two speeds of drivers and that if you're in the left lane and going slower than those in the right lane, I get the right to punch you in each testicle.

Douchebags on any kind of public transportation or any kind of public space that insist on talking on their phone like they're yelling across a busy street. No one cares that you got so drunk last night and took a huge shit this morning because of it.

Hippies.

People who butcher the English Language and then insist that they're using it properly. News flash: There's no "b" in supposedly, no "t" in across, and if you've ever used the word "irregardless" in anything more than a jest or example of poor language skills, you should be dragged out the street and shot.

People who have replaced politeness with indifference, surliness, or self loathing

Arrogance

Douchebags who walk into a place looking to bow up at any given opportunity. "You're walk'n into the bathroom, I was just IN the bathroom, you wanna go tough guy?"

The fact that places that are fun to hang out at and enjoy others company too often charge for one beer what it would cost me for a 6 pack & a slim jim.

People who can't man up and appologize or take responsibility for their actions

Racists

The E! Television channel

The fact that the only thing you can learn on The Learning Channel nowadays is how to turn your wife's body into a baby factory and publicly end your marriage as messily as possible.

Anything that has been in a People magazine, ever.

People who think that just because I don't like something, that I'm stupid, ignorant, or motivated by hate. Sorry, just because your rap song sucks, doesn't make me a racist.

The fact that people seem to put as much thought into marriage and children nowadays as they put into destroying their credit and less thought than they put into which shirt to wear today.

People who think that I should subsidize their problems

People who think that no matter what crime they've, act of incredible stupidity, or gross atrocity of morals they've committed, they've got rights that they think keep them from getting into trouble. You had the right to not break the law. You had the right to remain silent. Why don't I ever hear people defending those rights?

People who bring few facts to an argument but continue to argue long after those facts have been discussed and put to bed, just to be right. A debate is when two or more people consider each others ideas with an open mind to produce an amicable solution. If you can't reasonably consider the opinions of anyone other than those who agree with you, then you're not in a debate, you're in a yelling match and you need to take it outside.

When the time between commercial breaks seems shorter than either of the commercial breaks

Idiots

People with bumper stickers that say anything other than "student driver"

Drivers who almost kill you on the road and then look at you like you are the one driving like a jackass.

Motorcycle thieves

Poor sports

The entire state of California and anyone who refers to it as "cali." When I'm on a trip, I don't go on for hours about how great "colo" is and how you wouldn't understand if you didn't live there.

It's only a Jeep thing that I wouldn't understand if "Jeep" is French for "douchebag."

Drivers who would rather drive themselves off the road or attempt to smash into you rather then tap the breaks and merge into an open spot. If you're coming over and there's nothing I can do to stop you then I feel obligated to remind you that my car is bigger than yours, the pieces are cheaper, and I don't really care what happens to it.

Attention whores who can't find an opinion to stick to

People insist on doing things poorly and refuse to accept any help, constructive criticism, or acknowledge that there might be room for improvement.

When people don't realize that the word "at" is superfluous and should end virtually no sentence. "Were are you at>" really? Let's try it again. "Where are you?" See? You just saved yourself a whole word.

How political battles are quickly becoming less about issues at hand and more about being right.

The fact that now I'm all pissed and I've still got 7 more hours of work to go.
    That's it! Let it out brotha, let it out!

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    How've ya been, Sue? Haven't talked with ya in ages. Hope all is well.
    Doin' great Cathy-love! THANKS!!! I hope all is well with you too. Thanks for posting your ridin' pics throughout the summer - looks like you've had some good riding time in, you go girl!
    Susan

AKA "Devaclis"

Hey Sue! How are you?

Can I borrow your bike?

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    People who drive slow in the left lane!
    + Infinity! I swear, if could carry an RPG, I'd blow 4 r 5 cars off of the road, per day. If I ever rule this stupid world, you stupid slow bastards be wear!

And I hate beets
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    Hey Sue! How are you?

Can I borrow your bike?
    Now that's more like it!
    Susan