Thread: hot heads

Board Newbie

hot heads

I can fit 2 fans under my tank,a switch on the bars(for long red lights)but I don't care for RADIO SHACK.I'm thinking even a 9 volt would be o.k.but 2 fans?One for each WISECO.A bone yard?Still $$$ Any thoughts will help or off to the SHACK.

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

Re: hot heads

well, a junk yard, or a bike salvage yard is gonna probably be best...however, not knowing what you ride makes it hard.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Board Newbie

YAMAHA RD 350,air cooled 2-stroke twin.Not much YAMAHA left,home made for the most part.Check out the pic on the board,it's fun to look at.Took 17 years to build,the best handling bike I ever rode,well the TZ was close.I got it down to 260lb...Bad news travels fast...and thanks for not yelling at me.I went to Evergreen 4 times today,my head is going ring,ding,ding,ding,ding,ding.Thanks for your help!

Board Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny
    YAMAHA RD 350,air cooled 2-stroke twin.Not much YAMAHA left,home made for the most part.Check out the pic on the board,it's fun to look at.Took 17 years to build,the best handling bike I ever rode,well the TZ was close.I got it down to 260lb...Bad news travels fast...and thanks for not yelling at me.I went to Evergreen 4 times today,my head is going ring,ding,ding,ding,ding,ding.Thanks for your help!
    I want to be in a federal institution far away from Dr.Chilton

well, alrighty then...you make no sense sometime (ok, all the time). Oh, and you know that there are supposed to be spaces after a period; actually, for proper punction use, there are supposed to be 2 spaces after each period to designate a new sentence.

Board Newbie

who gives a shit?...oops....Who gives a shit# This club is about riding,not writing! Dig?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by kenny";p="191469
    who gives a shit?...oops....Who gives a shit# This club is about riding,not writing! Dig?

I'm definitely not a 2-stroke expert, but I'd say the most important thing is to have your jetting right. After that, if you're having trouble with how it's running in town due to excessive head heat, fans could help some, but I'd just try to not get stuck in traffic for long periods -- either shut it down or find a different route to get where you're goin'. Other things that could help would be ceramic or keronite coating the piston crown and/or the combustion chamber and exhaust ports.

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie";p="191470
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny";p="191469
    Just a quick thought. If you choose to post on this board, you should realize that you are attempting to communicate with everyone through the written word. Clarity and reasonable spelling skills are preferred.

Gold Member

can you read that?

DeKay has a point, if all we did was ride, that would be one thing. But when you are on an internet board, all you have to communicate with others is your writing. And a complete lack of skills is really not going to win you too many points....I mean, seriously, if you can't even put the effort of a space between words, how much pride and effort are you going to put into riding (and avoiding others while riding)?

Kenny, if you want to ride with people, and get help with your two stroke, you might try getting on here and introducing yourself: where you live, saying hello...that probably works a little better than getting on a mostly sport bike board and bashing on 4 strokes.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie";p="191508

can you read that?
    I can read between the lines.
    Kind of angry are we?
    If you don't want to get your feelings hurt, don't get involved in these threads.

OOH! RD350, I want one! :P I had a 1972 a long time ago and what a fun scooter. I would love to have another in the collection. Of course I'm a little warped anyway?

Ride Safe.
    Marc
    84 R100RS LE, 14 Ducati MTSGT, 18 Desert Sled, 73 850 Commando, 78 CT90, 14 Ural, 74 Eldorado police, 64 R50/2, 01 DRZ400E, 94 900SS/CR, 77 HD XLCR, 2011 T100, 63 MG Falcone', 75 Ducati 860GT, 2015 Royal Enfield Classic Chrome, 2009 XR1200, 1944 Nimbus, 1989 GB500 https://lomaxcm.smugmug.com/

Gold Member

na just didnt want to spell it wrong

Board Newbie

I have one word for over heating. PARADE. Thank you MATTTLS & LOMAX. My jets are right on, I just like to keep things cool and light. I'm going back up to Evergreen this weekend on the Ring Ding, about noon. Come out and play! It's amazing what you can do with half bike and half a brain. By the way, my favorite bike was a 82' GS 1100 E that I took to a Boston public school. I'm lucky I can read between the lines.