Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post
I personally think that I am a safer rider/driver going 20 over the limit than most of the drivers Zach is refering to, due to my awarness. Speed, in my opinion, does not equal being unsafe. Inattention to surroundings and conditions probably causes more accidents than speeders, but that is my guess, not fact. I play the game Zach refered to earlier, sometimes I win, sometimes not.
I have to agree with you, at least most of the time here. Speed isn't unsafe, it's just that if something happens at speed the outcome is usually worse. The problem is though, that most people can't handle the speed, and it does become a real problem, especially when people are travelling at very different speeds. For example, if some bozo comes around a corner at 75 Mph in a 65 Mph zone, and some other bozo is texting on his phone, trying to take a picture of an accident or something at 25 mph, the first bozo may as well have rear-ended him at 50 mph from a standstill, because he didn't have the experience to realize that you might want to slow down around blind curves, because people are idiots.