Thread: New Wheels

New Wheels

Anybody gotten a new bike lately? Or just have something nice they'd like to show off?

Here's mine:

As soon as I get back from Iraq I'm going to put her up for BOTM.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Re: New Wheels

Nice! My buddy Steve has a Haga/Edwards edition, with Akra's and Power commander. Beware of your rear brake not working......ever......
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Haha, I was only able to put about 200 miles on it and hadn't had any issues so far, but I'm saving up for a set of RSV4 stock rear sets. Hopefully I can find some that someone replaced with aftermarket. The RSV4 ones bolt right on, no mod needed, and have a *normal* master cylinder attached, and stood vertical all proper like. A few if the guys at apriliaforum.com have done the mod and it's fixed the brakes 100%.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by sgt775 View Post
    Haha, I was only able to put about 200 miles on it and hadn't had any issues so far, but I'm saving up for a set of RSV4 stock rear sets. Hopefully I can find some that someone replaced with aftermarket. The RSV4 ones bolt right on, no mod needed, and have a *normal* master cylinder attached, and stood vertical all proper like. A few if the guys at apriliaforum.com have done the mod and it's fixed the brakes 100%.
    I'll have to mention that to Steve, 'cause his NEVER work. If you like, I can get a list of all the things he's had problems with. It's a beautiful bike, but man, it's a pain!
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

I've been doing a lot of reading on it myself. Not much else do stuck in the desert these days... Anyway, most of the complaints are geared towards the rear brake and the electrical system. There's a wire with two brown plugs that runs through the V in the engine block that sometimes needs the plugs replaced, else they melt, and a lot of people replace the stator and charging system with equivalent Yamaha parts to keep the stator from burning out.

Other than that I just need to get some sliders and a back seat for the wife. It is a beautiful bike, but those fairings are IMPOSSIBLE to replace, even in Italy...
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*