Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance claims...

Re: Insurance claims...

What year is your bike? And model?

compare on comparas

Sol Performance/ Preilli Race tires ...........Buy and sell take offs!!
    solperformance@gmail.com .............. www.2ndroll.com
    233. S. Madsion Ave. Loveland, CO 80537
    970.SOL.TIRE

Quote Originally Posted by Scer View Post
    What year is your bike? And model?

compare on comparas

2003 Triumph Sprint ST w/ luggage

NADA low and average are 3633/4705
    KBB was ~3700-4700

I found a few locally private party for 3500 and 3700, norco euro had one for ~5k a month ago, but I guess it sold. Foothills has one for 4699.

when they totaled it, I am curious as to where they got their value.

I am going to keep it, and I am anticipating ~$500 buyback, but if I were to give the bike up, no way I could get one for what they offered me...especially with the factory hard bags, the aftermarket pipe, corban seat/backrest, cruise, winscreen, etc...

I just don't want to get a lame deal...

I don't blame you either man. You shouldn't have to give up anything just because someone hit you. I was going to say that usually the industry uses the NADA as opposed to the KBB.

If you can show them with your own research that a comparable bike goes for X amount of dollars then that's what it should be valued at!!

I wouldn't settle for anything less than you think is fair bro!

Additionally, a month to wait for an answer is long ass time!!

research on researchas
    Last edited by Scer; Tue Oct 26th, 2010 at 02:29 PM.

Sol Performance/ Preilli Race tires ...........Buy and sell take offs!!
    solperformance@gmail.com .............. www.2ndroll.com
    233. S. Madsion Ave. Loveland, CO 80537
    970.SOL.TIRE

Find out exactly how they came to that figure. When I had to make a claim for two stolen bikes in the past I asked them how it was broken down. My adjuster explained they try to find to comparable bikes in your area and call a local dealership for trade in value. Average the three and thats what the payout is if its a total loss. This was in So Cal so it might be different out here. It wouldn't hurt to ask how exactly they came up with the numbers. And ask for more. I didn't see if it was your fault or the other persons but you can always consider small claims court if the insurance company won't pay out. Go after the other person. It is only like $40 to file, you can get up to $5k and its a pretty quick process. Just an alternative route if you are getting hosed and it wasn't your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCAL4LIFE!! View Post
    Find out exactly how they came to that figure. When I had to make a claim for two stolen bikes in the past I asked them how it was broken down. My adjuster explained they try to find to comparable bikes in your area and call a local dealership for trade in value. Average the three and thats what the payout is if its a total loss. This was in So Cal so it might be different out here. It wouldn't hurt to ask how exactly they came up with the numbers. And ask for more. I didn't see if it was your fault or the other persons but you can always consider small claims court if the insurance company won't pay out. Go after the other person. It is only like $40 to file, you can get up to $5k and its a pretty quick process. Just an alternative route if you are getting hosed and it wasn't your fault.

It was her fault, but I am not going after her...I am pretty sure she has less than I have...which means she ain't got much...and this is the reason she has insurance

The guy said they assessed the market according to my area. He is going to call back tomorrow with the buyback fee, and I am going to tell him how it is. I am pretty sure he said that the total loss figure included taxes and license fees. but, I cannot replace it for what they offered me.

I am going to keep the bike for sentimental reasons, but I should still get what the bike is worth...I never asked to get hit

and this isn't even getting into med costs and any settlement...

Dave,
    For mine, I got what the bike was worth, but would have had to look REAL hard to find one at that price. But it would have been possible. The medical side hasn't made much progress, on my end, since the accident. Try not to be in to much of a rush there.

i understand it is a 7 year old bike with 34k on the clock...even in its current bashed up state it is still cleaner than 4/5 of the bikes I have found...and the one thats nicer, they are asking 5700...

I am not going to argue it too much, as I just want to wash my hands of this mess, but this isn't a belly button jap bike...its less of a matter of what its worth, and more a matter of what it would cost to replace it.

They are in the business of insuring high risk, non-drivers...they gambled, they lost, they'll pay...believe me...if I could turn the clock back and not get hit, I would

UPDATE:

Well, they totalled it, I haggled and got a little bit more that the pathetic amount they offered me, but they want me to mail this paperwork back with a copy of my title, saying they will file with colorado and I'll have to get a salvage title...

I was under the impression that if I never surrendered the vehicle, then the title would remain clean. is there any process I can go through to get a reconstructed title or a normal title after an inspection or something?

I am worried about mishaps in the future, as my bike will only be covered for salvage value, not what its actually worth...

what a PITA

Sorry, Dave, but once it's a salvage, it'll never go back to a clean title.

Quote Originally Posted by CaneZach View Post
    Sorry, Dave, but once it's a salvage, it'll never go back to a clean title.

what a pita....thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    what a pita....thanks man.
    Anytime, Dave. If you need some help with the whole "rebuilt from salvage" title process, let me know.