Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peg scraping fun?? Srsly?

Re: Peg scraping fun?? Srsly?

Quote Originally Posted by BadR6Man View Post
    I have to say that I am disappointed with the roads here in CO. I was excited to move here from VA with the mountains so close and expected more twisties to be closer. I had one of the best stretches of asphalt 5 miles from my house in VA. route 619 (Joplin Road).
    Yeah, I expected closer access to good roads when I moved to CO. But I'm far from disappointed with what is here. Sure, it might take a few miles to get to the sweet stuff but...

Anyway, The season is winding down and only a few lower elevation roads will be ridable all winter so don't sweat it right now. Next season, do some long range exploring. There is a lot of good riding in this state!

Just move to the west siiiiide!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    ...with scenery that'll put to shame anything in VA. But beware and be careful, the roads here are far more dangerous and deadly, especially to you noobs here.
    Umm, I think I'll have to disagree...while the mountains are impressive, I would much rather see a lush green valley...

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    Umm, I think I'll have to disagree...while the mountains are impressive, I would much rather see a lush green valley...
    Guess it's personal preference then, I've seen 'em both, and much prefer the mtn's. And, we've got green lush valleys here and in UT as well.......with the added bonus of the mountains overlooking them, something the East doesn't have. You haven't spent much time here have you?
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

I've lived East coast(MD and N.E.), West coast(Southern and Central Cali), and now here. I never rode a motorcycle in the East. For pure quality of life, I'll take the Front Range any day. Period. Plus, there are things to do here in the winter that make the Eastern half of the country pale in comparison.

East coast fall colors are the shizzit. Not just one shade of yellow. So many shades of red, gold, browns.

But you also can't ride all year like you can here. .. and frost heaves and potholes in eastern winters.
    Last edited by asp_125; Sun Oct 3rd, 2010 at 05:33 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    East coast fall colors are the shizzit. Not just one shade of yellow. So many shades of red, gold, browns.

But you also can't ride all year like you can here. .. and frost heaves and potholes in eastern winters.
    I totally agree with both comments. I was born in winchester MA, and lived there until I was 10. The fall colors there, in Vermont, and NH are amazing. But, having lived both places, I'll take CO ANY day of thee week and twice on sundays!
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)