Thread: Local Lawyer???

Local Lawyer???

Thread got deleted in the crash, but some of you may remember that my sister got hit on her bike here in the Springs.
    Anyway the bitch that hit her is contesting that there was any contact made because "she didn't even go down". She may not have gone down, but she did severely sprain her ankle, sprained her knee, and torqued her hip, while screwing up the right side plastics and pushing the exhaust into the rear wheel.
    So now we're in need of a lawyer...
    Anyone have a local one that's experienced with suing people/insurance companies, especially with motorcycles involved?
    Any recommendations would be much appreciated, and if the lawyer gives referrals we'll definitely let them know who sent us.
    Wrider

Re: Local Lawyer???

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    Thread got deleted in the crash, but some of you may remember that my sister got hit on her bike here in the Springs.
    Anyway the bitch that hit her is contesting that there was any contact made because "she didn't even go down". She may not have gone down, but she did severely sprain her ankle, sprained her knee, and torqued her hip, while screwing up the right side plastics and pushing the exhaust into the rear wheel.
    So now we're in need of a lawyer...
    Anyone have a local one that's experienced with suing people/insurance companies, especially with motorcycles involved?
    Any recommendations would be much appreciated, and if the lawyer gives referrals we'll definitely let them know who sent us.
    Wrider

Sorry for you sister, and sorry I don't know any good lawyers, but I think it's interesting that she didn't go down, regardless of contact. I love how the media loves to sensationalize things like

"Motorcyclist loses control and crashes at intersection."

When what really happened is

"Motorcycle was travelling through intersection at 45 MPH and narrowly avoided getting creamed by soccer mom with cell phone, speeding at 65 through the intersection to catch the yellow light, by ditching bike to avoid becoming bug splatter."

Good luck with the issue. I assume you got a decent police report and everything? I think it'd be hard to argue with that, and there's likely paint transfer, etc that you can probably photograph.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

Yeah she got hit hard, I'm still unsure of how she kept it up, but I'm thankful she did. With the condition of her leg there's no way in hell she could have lifted the bike back up.

pm'd you