Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 MRA Race Season Finale @ High Plains Raceway this Weekend, Oct 9th & 10th!

Colorado's own Motorcycle Roadracing Association MRA's Avatar

2010 MRA Race Season Finale @ High Plains Raceway this Weekend, Oct 9th & 10th!

The 2010 MRA season comes to a close this coming weekend, October 9th and 10th, at High Plains Raceway. Many championships are still up for grabs which will make for an exciting weekend of racing. Don't miss your last chance of 2010 to experience the excitement of motorcycle roadracing here in Colorado!

Tickets for all MRA races are purchased at the event gate each Saturday and Sunday.

Weekend Admission: Adults $10 for the entire weekend of racing, Kids under 12 are free! Stop by your local motorcycle dealer for a 2 for 1 admission voucher.

Directions: High Plains Raceway is located on U.S. Highway 36, 17 miles east of Byers. This is 60 miles (and less than one hour) east of the I-25 & I-70 interchange, known locally as the Mousetrap. At Byers, exit I-70 (which bends to the south towards Limon) taking Highway 36 due east 17 miles. The track is on your left, with the entrance at the Easternmost side of the property.
    Information: Call (303) 769-4771

The MRA is dedicated to promoting safe and competitive motorcycle roadracing events for enthusiasts in Colorado and the surrounding area.

For more information go to www.mra-racing.org

For a daily schedule of races go to http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=10406
    The Motorcycle Roadracing Association is 501(c)(7) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting safe and competitive motorcycle road racing events for enthusiasts in Colorado and the surrounding area. For more information, go to http://www.mra-racing.org/

Please like us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/MotorcycleR...ingAssociation
    Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/MRA_Racing

Re: 2010 MRA Race Season Finale @ High Plains Raceway this Weekend, Oct 9th & 10th!

I don't quite understand the schedule. For Saturday, the schedule says superstreet is at 1pm, but says classroom next to it. Are the events in the morning races? Then on Sunday, it says there is qualifying. I'm confused. I want to see some races of different classes. I don't care to see any practice sessions. What time should I show up and what day? Thanks.
    -Ryan

Re: 2010 MRA Race Season Finale @ High Plains Raceway this Weekend, Oct 9th & 10th!

Saturday - MWSS is the first race
    Sunday - STGTO is the first race, though ROR qualifying they throw down some pretty fast laps.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Me too. Never attended a race weekend. Which items on the schedule are races, which are qualifying, and which are practice?

EDIT: Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Saturday - MWSS is the first race
    Does that start at 12:30pm? or 7 mins after? or is it a 7 lap race?

Sunday - STGTO is the first race
    Same question, different time...

If it doesn't say "min" it's laps.

PS the food concession has pretty good breakfast burritos, and practice time is good time to wander the paddock and talk to riders. As race time approaches some tend to be a bit more focused and intense.

Sunday lunchtime parade laps of HPR.. appropriate helmet and riding gear. Doo eet!
    Last edited by asp_125; Mon Oct 4th, 2010 at 10:57 PM.
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Don't forget! This weekend we are going to roll out our NEW SPEC CLASS!

That's right, for 2010 the MRA is adding a Ninja 250 class that is designed to keep all of the bikes VERY equal! There is going to be a gaggle of them at round 8 and we'll be racing them in two exhibition races, one on satruday during the schedule position marked "heat races" and on Sunday right before lunch. A number of the bikes will be on display by the gazebo!

Come talk to us about this economical way to have fun on the racetrack, check out the bikes and meet the crazy people who think this is a good idea!

See you there this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by drago52 View Post
    I don't quite understand the schedule. For Saturday, the schedule says superstreet is at 1pm, but says classroom next to it. Are the events in the morning races? Then on Sunday, it says there is qualifying. I'm confused. I want to see some races of different classes. I don't care to see any practice sessions. What time should I show up and what day? Thanks.
    Sat. be there by 1:00-Superstreet is the last race of the day, 12:30 is when their classroom instruction begins
    Sun be there by 10:00- Sunday would probably be your first choice unless you have friends that race novice classes only.

And Rybo I just might have to come battle ninjas with you

If it doesn't say "min" it's laps.

PS the food concession has pretty good breakfast burritos, and practice time is good time to wander the paddock and talk to riders. As race time approaches some tend to be a bit more focused and intense.

Sunday lunchtime parade laps of HPR.. appropriate helmet and riding gear. Doo eet!
    So, If I come check it out Sunday, I can watch races, then run some laps during lunch for $5?!? there must be some fine print in there..
    -Ryan

Well, there is a little thing called gate admission. .. oh and the laps are controlled, parade laps so don't expect to be winding out the top of fourth. And you'll be out there among cars, other bikes, and the odd pitbike. But seeing the track from a racer's POV is cool, especially that blind uphill sweeper and the esses.
    Last edited by asp_125; Tue Oct 5th, 2010 at 06:54 AM.
    my Facebook, SpeedShots

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post

And Rybo I just might have to come battle ninjas with you
    That's what I like to hear! I can't wait to race these little things, it's going to be a total kick in the pants!

Quote Originally Posted by drago52 View Post
    So, If I come check it out Sunday, I can watch races, then run some laps during lunch for $5?!? there must be some fine print in there..
    No fine print, but they are guided parade laps, not full tilt trackday laps. The purpose being to give spectators an idea what the track looks like from the rider's perspective. There will be cars, scooters, motorcycles etc out there. More "all in a line" than "this is great spot to overtake for position"

s

ha, ok, well thats still pretty cool that they do that. I'll head out Sunday.
    -Ryan

Site Admin

Ryan,

A bunch of shops still have 2 for 1 flyers. Get one of those and bring a friend for 1/2 price admission. Darn near every shop in the state had them for most of the season. I know that RMK still has some as I was there the other day. That isn't too far from you.

or better yet....check this!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=119357748121888

Scott
    Last edited by rybo; Tue Oct 5th, 2010 at 09:38 AM.

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

I will be there to support on Friday night and Saturday morning. Good luck everyone!
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

Can't wait!!!!
    Casey D

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    Ryan,

A bunch of shops still have 2 for 1 flyers. Get one of those and bring a friend for 1/2 price admission. Darn near every shop in the state had them for most of the season. I know that RMK still has some as I was there the other day. That isn't too far from you.

Scott
    even better. Thanks! A buddy and myself will be there Sunday.
    -Ryan

Ryan,

Scott
    What page is that event on? I forgot my password and can only get on FB from my phone right this instant.

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by CaptGoodvibes View Post
    What page is that event on? I forgot my password and can only get on FB from my phone right this instant.
    Grand Prix motorsports page.

Thanks!

I will be there camped at the gate tomorrow night. See you all there.

i may have been convniced to bring the 250 out
    You've Grown Quite Mangy Cat, But Your Grins' A Comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoMike View Post
    Do it! I just finished prepping mine.

Ryan,

Scott
    I still have a stack of 2 for 1s at Fay Myers, come and get them!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoMike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Do it! I just finished prepping mine.

mine is ready to go...mostly safety wired and belly panned