Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yearly Supporter title? *** UPDATED - How to get it back ***

Re: yearly supporter?

The Colorado Sportbike Club was formed in the early spring of 2000 by Paul Anderson & John Dietrich. We decided to start a club to meet other people with an interest in motorcycles.

We gave it the name "Colorado Sportbike Club" to meet others interested in the growing popularity of Sportbikes, however we do not discriminate against any type of motorcycle, so even Harley's to Goldwings are more than welcome. We just like to get together, ride, and have a good time. It was formed with the philosophy of No Dues, No Meetings... just riding, having fun, and meeting other people who appreciate motorcycles.
    Worked for years without the $ support, when there was a need it was filled, it's a web site not and actual club. How much $ can it possibly take?

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Worked for years without the $ support, when there was a need it was filled, it's a web site not and actual club. How much $ can it possibly take?
    Hardware fails, upgrades need to be done, hosting needs to happen. These things cost money. Donate or not, as you will, but if you don't, don't bitch when the site goes down or is agonizingly slow because the 486 server on the dial up connection can't handle the load of 6 people wanting to use the site simultaneously......
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    Hardware fails, upgrades need to be done, hosting needs to happen. These things cost money. Donate or not, as you will, but if you don't, don't bitch when the site goes down or is agonizingly slow because the 486 server on the dial up connection can't handle the load of 6 people wanting to use the site simultaneously......
    I have donated in the past, and I understand there is some $ needed but it should be as needed and not through coercion or guilt trips. Perhaps the businesses and private parties that benefit from using the board as advertising need to step up a bit.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

mmm...yep, my yearly supporter status is gone. I was wondering when the last time it was that I had sent in money, too. I don't like paypal, but this is the only place I will actually use that method of payment. This club and this forum have given me so much more than I could have imagined.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    not through coercion or guilt trips
    How the hell do you get that? I've been here for a couple of years and no one has ever asked or suggested I become a supporter, it's just something I wanted to do. I've gotten a lot from this club and to me it's worth $15 a year. I don't really care if it goes to software, servers or lap dances for Rybo, it's worth it to me.

On my toes! Lifetime Supporter PunyJuney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    How the hell do you get that? I've been here for a couple of years and no one has ever asked or suggested I become a supporter, it's just something I wanted to do. I've gotten a lot from this club and to me it's worth $15 a year. I don't really care if it goes to software, servers or lap dances for Rybo, it's worth it to me.
    ditto...
    Everyone gets so much from this club, whether they donate or not. I've heard a lot of people say "yeah, I didn't know what this club would do for me" and didn't pay to support initially, but then they met everyone realized what a great community there is here and just forgot to pony up. You forget that hardware, software and support costs money when so much on the web is free. I changed from yearly to lifetime because I appreciate having the board AND I can afford it. If you can't then don't, but if you can then why not? No guilt, I was thinking more along the line of common sense. It sucks that common sense just isn't all that common any more.

heh.. I paid up (waiting patiently for it to be re-activated ) because i thought 1. flash-chat was a paid user feature.. and 2. thought flash-chat was actually used... lol (which it really wasn't)..
    '95 Suziki GSXF 600 (Katana) (sold)
    '10 BMW S1000RR (aka. Black Betty) Thunder Grey (Totaled)
    '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Oh yeah... add me to the list of having been stripped of my supporter banner. lol
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

I will get to everyone's reinstatements soon. I have to match your CSC name up with your real name by way of your Paypal transaction, so I can set the date correctly. This is a very tedious process I have not had time to mess with yet. However, thanks everyone for the support!

To briefly address the comments about "where the money goes" or whatever, basically I personally bankrolled this site for years, even when I was unemployed for months. If it broke, I paid for it or asked for donated parts from our tech contingent. When we switched to a commercial forum package and costs started to go up it wasn't as feasible anymore, nor did I think I should have to do that, so we started the supporter program to help pay for these things. It has served that purpose well (this last snafu was $200 out of pocket FYI, and we have another forum support renewal coming up) and made it possible for me to keep this place going, and the members that have helped out are identified as such because that's awesome.

I, along with the admins and everyone else here, greatly appreciate the donations that have been made on behalf of this club and website to keep the lights on, and want you all to know that it's noticed and useful. The members here absolutely keep this place going as much as the admins do, just in different ways.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    I will get to everyone's reinstatements soon. I have to match your CSC name up with your real name by way of your Paypal transaction, so I can set the date correctly. This is a very tedious process I have not had time to mess with yet. However, thanks everyone for the support!

To briefly address the comments about "where the money goes" or whatever, basically I personally bankrolled this site for years, even when I was unemployed for months. If it broke, I paid for it or asked for donated parts from our tech contingent. When we switched to a commercial forum package and costs started to go up it wasn't as feasible anymore, nor did I think I should have to do that, so we started the supporter program to help pay for these things. It has served that purpose well (this last snafu was $200 out of pocket FYI, and we have another forum support renewal coming up) and made it possible for me to keep this place going, and the members that have helped out are identified as such because that's awesome.

I, along with the admins and everyone else here, greatly appreciate the donations that have been made on behalf of this club and website to keep the lights on, and want you all to know that it's noticed and useful. The members here absolutely keep this place going as much as the admins do, just in different ways.
    Ralph, for the benefit of the ill-informed out there can you please advise how one would make a donation via PayPal to the CSC?

*** or just go here http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ead.php?t=7184
    Last edited by UglyDogRacing; Tue Oct 5th, 2010 at 04:06 PM.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

If you wear one of these a year, does that count as a yearly supporter too?

Gold Member Yearly Supporter

yearly supporter tags

So I still haven't gotten my title back since the crash. May I please have it back I promise to be good. Thanks.
    2015 R1200GS
    03 & 11 XR-50 pit bike
    07 & 08 DRZ 400SM
    06 FJR 1300
    70 SL 350
    75 MT 250

Re: yearly supporter tags

Only if you have 2,000,000 posts! You have a couple of days work to do!

Doesn't look like anyone does.....'cept Lifetime Supporters.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Gold Member Yearly Supporter

Ya Patrick one night I went on a posting spree... I'm not giving $150 just for a lifetime tag. I like CSC but its not my daily place to hang out. You feel me?
    2015 R1200GS
    03 & 11 XR-50 pit bike
    07 & 08 DRZ 400SM
    06 FJR 1300
    70 SL 350
    75 MT 250

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Re: Yearly Supporter title?

Since I don't have access to Ralph's emails so I can help him with this process, I'm going to try and see if I can help via a different method:

If you can, forward me your PayPal confirmation email. If you no longer have the email, you can send me a print screen of the Transaction Details (click the "Details" link on the transaction list) from your PayPal Account History. BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR SCREEN NAME ALONG WITH THE EMAIL. Send your emails to cosportbikeclub@hotmail.com and I'll try and get things squared away as quickly as possible.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

I gave Ralph my lifetime dollahs many moons ago.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

I just signed up again last week and it worked.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    I just signed up again last week and it worked.
    This manual "reinstatement" is only for people who subscribed in 2010, before the server crashed (mid-September) and the data was lost - subscriptions made after the server was brought back (September 25) up are not affected.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post

Thanks for being here Ralph and Bob.
    Bash
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*