Thread: Paintball with a group October 16th! - Paintball Adventures, Sedalia

Paintball with a group October 16th! - Paintball Adventures, Sedalia

CSCers!

I know a couple of you like to paintball, and maybe there's a couple more that would like to try it? I'm taking a group October 16th at 9:30am at Paintball Adventures in Sedalia, if we can get to 10+ (there's currently 5 confirmed, but I should get to 10 anyway) we get our own Ref/Fields for the day. ~15 is about the perfect size for these smaller fields and we get LOTS of games in.

I sent the group invite everywhere I could and almost forgot to list it here as promised to a couple CSC'ers. Anyone that would like to try this is invited, just PM me! I know already there is on guy that's a former speedball guy going, a couple that have full equipment on their own, and a couple first timers. Games are very casual with this mix of people.

If you'd like to go I need a $10 deposit per person by this Saturday October 9th. Really sorry for the short notice! I have Paypal as well, or can meet you for the deposit on the west side. All in all the day turns out to be ~$60 total with paint, depending on how late you stay. We reserve the ref/fields for 4 hours (give or take) The rest of the details are below:

I need a $10 deposit for each person that wants to attend BY October 9th!!! Feel free to invite friends/family/significant others that make you sleep on the couch now and again/enemies/neighbors/anyone you wanna shoot!
    This deposit is so we can reserve the private party fields. The total cost per person is $40 (4 hours) + Paint, the other $30 + Paint is due the day of. Paint is split by case between the entire group. You should be there at 9:30am filling out paperwork and getting equipment and an overview of the game of paintball. First game will probably be around 10am. Your $40 for the day includes:

Marker (Gun)
    All day air - just drop by the field house
    Goggles, mask, barrel plug
    Entry fee - for the private party we will have one ref (maybe 2, depending on size) that will host the games for us.
    300 paintballs - the rest you need to buy (It's $55 for 2000 paintballs, with 20 people this is about $3 per person, per case we use. Typically, our group uses about 6 extra cases, or an extra $18/person. 1 case = 2000 rounds)
    Lots of different games including "football", capture the flag, Alamo, reincarnation, dynamite, etc...

The company is Paintball Adventures, they have an outdoor field that is awesome to play at! The ground can be sloped, grassy, there's trees and bunkers to hide behind, sometimes muddy, there is a river that is a boundary so it might be soggy around there. Point is, make sure you wear good ankle support and clothes you don't mind getting dirty in! Sunscreen is a must, even though lots of the field is covered in shade. Light kneepads wouldn't hurt, though wearing camouflage will be tricky as there is lots of brush, but the bunkers are solid white (lots of paint hits). The field is in Sedalia, Located south of Santa Fe and C-470 a few miles. The address is:

Field Address
    7375 Reynolds Drive
    Sedalia, CO 80135

You will want to check out this link if it's your first time playing: http://www.paintballadventures.net/1st_time.htm

Re: Paintball with a group October 16th! - Paintball Adventures, Sedalia

just a heads up... PBA used to do "2 for 1" days every thirds weekend of the month... which happens to be the 16th and 17th.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

I might be down for some paintball. Let me double check what I got going that day.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    just a heads up... PBA used to do "2 for 1" days every thirds weekend of the month... which happens to be the 16th and 17th.
    Unfortunately this doesn't apply to a group rate, where your led away from all the drop-ins that day and can get in tons more games without the 1st bunker bunnies and snipers with fully automatic markers and ghille suits! It's still $40 + paint, even if you have all your own gear.

I think you can join the walk ons after the 4 hour group if you're still up for it, though noone in any of the past few groups has.

I have played there a couple of times. Always a good time. If anyone can convince the POTUS to end the Iraq war and send me home before then I would be down for this.

I was in a paintball team in high school lol. I just sold my gear 4 months ago, that sucks.
    91 FZR 600
    82 Custom XV750

I brought all my shoes and all my glasses so I would have them

i have all my own gear, but i refuse to go to a place and pay to play. I'd much rather get a group and head up into the forrest, know of a couple good spots. If something like that could happen, i'd be down and have a couple other guys that would be too.
    ~Travis~
    It's okay...I'm a Doctor.
    Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
    Everybody on CSC knows everything
    2003 GSX-R600 - Former Love
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R - Former Love
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R - Former Love
    2004 DRZ400E - New Dirty
    2002 KFX 650 - Quad

^ I have a friend that has been talking about playing some "renegade" pball too. Let me know if you want to do it.
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRanger View Post
    I was in a paintball team in high school lol. I just sold my gear 4 months ago, that sucks.
    Gear (marker/air/mask) is included in the $40 if you'd like to join. Just need as much padding as you want for clothing, though most of the time I just go in a short sleeve shirt.

As for the guys that do this out in the woods... schedule something and I'll be there! The group that this thread is for is more geared for those that either haven't played, or don't have their own gear. I do enjoy the fields they have too!

No can do for me... At this point I'm not sure if I can get the time off. Have fun out there.

I brought all my shoes and all my glasses so I would have them

it's been so long since i last played, i need to get my air tanks re-certified...anyone know where i can get this done?
    ~Travis~
    It's okay...I'm a Doctor.
    Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
    Everybody on CSC knows everything
    2003 GSX-R600 - Former Love
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R - Former Love
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R - Former Love
    2004 DRZ400E - New Dirty
    2002 KFX 650 - Quad