Thread: Workout Supplements - Pre and Post

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Workout Supplements - Pre and Post

So my left shoulder started bothering me Sunday, not sure why as I didn't lift or do anything strenuous over the weekend. Went to the gym yesterday and benched and did some shrugs without issue. Tried to do some barbell military presses with just the barbell to see how my should would feel and it didn't feel too bad. Put 25's on both sides which I can normally pretty easily do and I got a real sharp pain in my shoulder. Pain is just a dull pain today unless I move my arm in certain directions. Really pissed now because I was just getting into a nice groove with my workouts.
    -Greg
    2013 BMW R1200GS

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    So my left shoulder started bothering me Sunday, not sure why as I didn't lift or do anything strenuous over the weekend. Went to the gym yesterday and benched and did some shrugs without issue. Tried to do some barbell military presses with just the barbell to see how my should would feel and it didn't feel too bad. Put 25's on both sides which I can normally pretty easily do and I got a real sharp pain in my shoulder. Pain is just a dull pain today unless I move my arm in certain directions. Really pissed now because I was just getting into a nice groove with my workouts.

The shoulder is comprised of a lot of muscles so it could be any number of things. Be careful pay attention to your rotations in your arm when the pain starts and if it gets worst I suggest you see a doctor. I'm missing a major muscle in my left shoulder due to surgery and 3 years ago I dislocated my right shoulder and it has never been the same since.

Is it the outside of the shoulder or the inside? If inside it could be your rotator cuff; I've had lots of problems with mine from snowboarding and lifting. If it is that let me know and I can probably help out.

If not just remember to stretch and probably give it a break for a while (lot's of other muscles you can work till then). I am big on taking glucostimine for everyone that lifts!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Is it the outside of the shoulder or the inside? If inside it could be your rotator cuff; I've had lots of problems with mine from snowboarding and lifting. If it is that let me know and I can probably help out.

If not just remember to stretch and probably give it a break for a while (lot's of other muscles you can work till then). I am big on taking glucostimine for everyone that lifts!
    I mean it definitely doesn't feel like a muscle that was pulled or anything. Feels more like it has to do with the joint.
    -Greg
    2013 BMW R1200GS

I mean it definitely doesn't feel like a muscle that was pulled or anything. Feels more like it has to do with the joint.
    In this area http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00064
    Is it hard to lift your arm over your head without pian inside the shoulder?

Rotator cuff tears are very common in weight lifting. Hopefully it is not that, but the good news is I have avoided surgery for years with exercises/rehab for it.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!