Quote Originally Posted by highpsi03 View Post
I'm glad this thread was started, i just started working out two weeks ago... Last year i weighed 135lbs, this year i weigh 175lbs, and not it's not muscle. I'm not fate, but i'm not muscle either. So i just started working out to build muscle.. I've really stuck to it thus far, but it's only been a few weeks. I've changed my diet, alot more protein, no soda at all, and i drink mostly water, and some beer. I know the beer isn't good, but i don't go overbored, one or two a week. I'm currently drinking a muscle milk before work out (30mins) and another right after i work out. I'm a bit lost in the gym as to what i need to be doing exactly, i feel scattered. A friend at work has suggested i try No-explode to get me a bit more motivated and to help get a better pump, any suggestions for me?
This might sound cheesy and cliche, but buy a couple magazines of FLEX or Muscular Development. Regardless of the some of the roided up meatheads that are in those mags, they do offer good tips and exercises to use. My favorite was always Muscular Development, because they really focused on all aspects of weight training, from nutrition, to supplements and even information on steroids(which I don't recommend or endorse at all) but the info was in there about the pros and cons in their use.

It always had good info on exercises and tips for training. Plus the editor always had the top bodybuilders do advice columns and you could find some good info in their articles as well. Lee Priest was always my favorite and I'll admit I learned a lot of training tips for shocking your arms from him.