Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Workout Supplements - Pre and Post

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter t_jolt's Avatar

Re: Workout Supplements - Pre and Post

Quote Originally Posted by dragos13 View Post
    How do we know which is which? Of course its obvious what a Whey Protein shake consists of, but what about the protein in Muscle Milk, protein bars, chicken, etc?
    Will most should tell you. it seems to be a selling point.

Here are 4 types i dont remember the 5th off the top my head.
    Whey - super fast absorption into the body
    Soy - Takes a little longer then whey
    Casein - Longer then soy
    Egg -longer then Casein

The general accepted rule is that the standard human body can only absorb 55-60 grams of protein in hours. Any more and it goes out the kidneys.

Whey is a great protein after a workout. But after 30 min, its all absorbed and there really much more to feed and help the muscle recover after 30 min. Thats why the other types of protein are so valuable. I prefer protein drinks that mix types. Muscle Milk is one of these. So is Pro Blend 55 ( one of my favs) or something like Myo Lean. All these mix these types of protein together to help keep a constant level of protein in the body for up to 3 hours. ( egg protein takes 1.5 -2.5 hours to ingest) Also now that were talking about protein, The other thing that really helps the protein get to the muscles is your BCAA's. Some proteins mix these into their drinks (muscle milk) others dont.
    Mitsujagvettecedes 1000RXTS GTR

Hand built by Jerry Garcia, Dan Gurney, Chuck Norris and Duntov's ghost. GT97 turbo,
    8WD, berilium pistons, titanium rods, unobtanium crank. Block forged from the dead souls of Mongol warriors. Depleted Uranium Dog box, Flubber tires, and stage 87 axles.

-1.07 @5.7c

How do we know which is which? Of course its obvious what a Whey Protein shake consists of, but what about the protein in Muscle Milk, protein bars, chicken, etc?
    It usually will say on the packaging, and if you still are not sure just ask the person that works there and they can point you in the right directions.

They are:
    Whey protein
    Casein protein
    Soy protein
    Whey hydrolysates (Peptides)
    Protein Blends

This should help http://ezinearticles.com/?Choosing-T...wder&id=250946

EDIT: NINJA'D BY TJOLT. Oh well pretty much said the same thing
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    It usually will say on the packaging, and if you still are not sure just ask the person that works there and they can point you in the right directions.

They are:
    Whey protein
    Casein protein
    Soy protein
    Whey hydrolysates (Peptides)
    Protein Blends

This should help http://ezinearticles.com/?Choosing-T...wder&id=250946

EDIT: NINJA'D BY TJOLT. Oh well pretty much said the same thing

Hey Nate, on a positive note, since Aug. Since that wonderful mess with the Ex. It gave me my motivation back. And a kick in the ass to start following my own advice again. I'm currently down 24 pounds. Im down to 193 with %13 body fat. Still got a ways to go. But i figure 10 pounds a month isnt to bad.

Hand built by Jerry Garcia, Dan Gurney, Chuck Norris and Duntov's ghost. GT97 turbo,
    8WD, berilium pistons, titanium rods, unobtanium crank. Block forged from the dead souls of Mongol warriors. Depleted Uranium Dog box, Flubber tires, and stage 87 axles.

-1.07 @5.7c

Thakns for the protein info guys. Its good to know how each kind works differently and is absorbed differently into the body.

So, how would someone calculate body fat?
    Casey D

Quote Originally Posted by t_jolt View Post
    Hey Nate, on a positive note, since Aug. Since that wonderful mess with the Ex. It gave me my motivation back. And a kick in the ass to start following my own advice again. I'm currently down 24 pounds. Im down to 193 with %13 body fat. Still got a ways to go. But i figure 10 pounds a month isnt to bad.
    Nice, one of the most rewarding parts of working out is seeing a positive change in your body and the feeling like you accomplished something.

I am still working out at the 24Hour Fitness on Santa Fe and Belleview, so let me know if you ever hit up that club (I can go to almost any 24Hour Fitness). I was able to get you a few weeks free there, but as you know they will hound you to join.

Thakns for the protein info guys. Its good to know how each kind works differently and is absorbed differently into the body.

My advice is to not worry so much on body fat or weight, but judge it how your clothes fit differently; especially pants. Many people use weight as a marker and really it is not good especially if you are just starting out: muscle weighs more than fat.

To answer your question though
    Home Body Fat Scales
    Skinfold Calipers (Callipers)
    Hydrostatic Weighing
    http://www.annecollins.com/body-fat-calculators.htm

Most gyms also have a little device that you hold on to. The are pretty accurate at +/- 1% then fall off at around 8% or so.

-1.07 @5.7c

Thanks Bulldog. I'm definitely not worried about weight. I was surprised to see almost a 10lbs gain in about 3 weeks but I have been really changing diet and hitting the gym every day.

As for bodyfat, I was thinking it would be a good measurement to take now and then in a couple months. I like to track progress, as you said to t_jolt the best feeling is when you can actually notice the difference in how you look and feel. I definitely feel much better with more energy, and also take photos every 30 days to track change. I'm also at 24hr Fitness, usually the one on Kipling and Bowles around 4pm daily
    Casey D

beer

great now Iam thirsty
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

Managing bodyfat while adding lean mass is difficult and awesome at the same time. Find a way to measure that works for you - there's a site our there with a good calculation on it www.hussmanfitness.org I think. When I was training my results from the trainers matched this site pretty well.

10lb in 3 weeks is a TON if it's mostly lean mass - you're a prettl lean guy...if you're abs look the same in todays pics as they did 3 weeks ago (leanness wise) you've rocked the gym and your diet and hydration etc. Your body fat% baseline would have been good to know before that 10lbs to really get a feel for things.

Thanks Bulldog. I'm definitely not worried about weight. I was surprised to see almost a 10lbs gain in about 3 weeks but I have been really changing diet and hitting the gym every day.

As for bodyfat, I was thinking it would be a good measurement to take now and then in a couple months. I like to track progress, as you said to t_jolt the best feeling is when you can actually notice the difference in how you look and feel. I definitely feel much better with more energy, and also take photos every 30 days to track change. I'm also at 24hr Fitness, usually the one on Kipling and Bowles around 4pm daily
    First, the only person you have anything to prove to is yourself. Second, you can watch life with your nose pressed up against the glass. Or you can swing the doors open and step inside.

Quote Originally Posted by cdbouncer View Post
    Managing bodyfat while adding lean mass is difficult and awesome at the same time. Find a way to measure that works for you - there's a site our there with a good calculation on it www.hussmanfitness.org I think. When I was training my results from the trainers matched this site pretty well.

10lb in 3 weeks is a TON if it's mostly lean mass - you're a prettl lean guy...if you're abs look the same in todays pics as they did 3 weeks ago (leanness wise) you've rocked the gym and your diet and hydration etc. Your body fat% baseline would have been good to know before that 10lbs to really get a feel for things.
    Thanks for the link

I wish that was the case however I have put on "midsection" weight along with the muscle. Thats one reason I was trying to do abs every day. Its like, you can't win lol. I think I will keep going hard and putting down lots of protein, then after another month try to lean it out more. I was super surprised to see 10lbs in gain, I would guess maybe 5-7lbs would actually be muscle, if that.
    Casey D

So - from my perspective and experience...build muscle then lean out. That's what worke for me. It's easier to lean out once you've added the muscle cuz that muscle burns calories...BUT your "cutting diet" can sometimes be brutal so...be patient, you WILL add some fat because you kinda need to to actually build a bunch of lean mass. Also - give yourself enough time to cut before you wanna be riding around the track on a bicycle showing off that progress cutting takes time too!

oh - and doing abs every day doesn't keep em lean...your diet does

Thanks for the link

I wish that was the case however I have put on "midsection" weight along with the muscle. Thats one reason I was trying to do abs every day. Its like, you can't win lol. I think I will keep going hard and putting down lots of protein, then after another month try to lean it out more. I was super surprised to see 10lbs in gain, I would guess maybe 5-7lbs would actually be muscle, if that.
    First, the only person you have anything to prove to is yourself. Second, you can watch life with your nose pressed up against the glass. Or you can swing the doors open and step inside.

So it sure looks like you guys know whats going on, ill post my situation.

Im a youngun ( turn 20 in feb ), i have been doing 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week for about 6 months, been lifting pretty heavily for about 5 months now as well 5 days a week. I started lifting to help burn more fat, put on lean muscle that will help burn fat, and of coarse for the definition / extra strength. In the 6 or so months i have been doing this so far i am down to 206, wish i weighed myself in the beginning but i was around 250-260.

For the past couple of weeks i have been monitoring my weekly weight loss and i noticed its been 4+ pounds per week, i am worried i am losing alot of lean body mass along with the fat.

My workout looks like this

Mon - Sat cardio on exercise bike for 30 minutes before lifting

Mon - upper body
    Bench press
    bicep curls
    military press
    tricep extensions
    bent over rows
    some homemade forearm exercise

Tues - lower body / backish
    leg extension for hamstring ( i think? )
    leg extension for quads ( i think? )
    squats ( not very effective with these yet, added recently and still trying to get down far / i dont have a squat rack so i cant do heavy weight yet )
    dead lifts
    calf raises
    reverse sit ups
    bicycle sit up things
    plank for abs

Then on wednesday i do the same upper workout, thursday the same lower workout etc, the only day i take off from everything is sunday. Over the past few months i have added a bunch of exercises and am planning on adding some more ( pull ups lol ) when i get back from bow hunting.

My diet is not super picky yet, i eat a bowl of decent cereal in the morning, then i drink 2 carnation instant breakfasts for a bit of protein / some vitamins after my workout. Lunch is kind of weird for me, sometimes i dont eat because im busy and i just forget or ill eat a small granola bar or maybe a full on whole grain turkey sandwich. For dinner ill just have what we are eating at home in reasonable proportions, id say i still eat out at least once a week as well but the portions are reasonable.

No soda, i drink water all day every day and recently id say i do drink some alcohol once or twice a week, not normally beer though.

So finally a few questions i have i guess. First im assuming im not going to really put on muscle unless i start eating alot more / gaining fat again? Does the 24% of body fat i still have help me put on more muscle in any way or should i keep doing what im doing until all the fat is gone and then i can start bulking?

By adding new compound exercises do you think i have been shocking my muscles or do i need to find different lifts that work the same muscles at this point? I have seen some improvement in the amount i can lift but i have nothing to base how good my improvements are.

Lastly i just recently bought one of those nice scales, does body weight, BMI, fat percentage, water percentage and a few other things i believe. How can i use the scales functions to determine if i am losing fat or lean body mass? Is it possible?

Thanks for any help you can give me guys and thanks for reading my long ass post lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Survivalism View Post
    So it sure looks like you guys know whats going on, ill post my situation.

Im a youngun ( turn 20 in feb ), i have been doing 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week for about 6 months, been lifting pretty heavily for about 5 months now as well 5 days a week. I started lifting to help burn more fat, put on lean muscle that will help burn fat, and of coarse for the definition / extra strength. In the 6 or so months i have been doing this so far i am down to 206, wish i weighed myself in the beginning but i was around 250-260.

For the past couple of weeks i have been monitoring my weekly weight loss and i noticed its been 4+ pounds per week, i am worried i am losing alot of lean body mass along with the fat.

Mon - upper body
    Bench press
    bicep curls
    military press
    tricep extensions
    bent over rows

squats ( not very effective with these yet, added recently and still trying to get down far / i dont have a squat rack so i cant do heavy weight yet )
    dead lifts
    calf raises
    reverse sit ups
    bicycle sit up things
    plank for abs

Then on wednesday i do the same upper workout, thursday the same lower workout etc, the only day i take off from everything is sunday. Over the past few months i have added a bunch of exercises and am planning on adding some more ( pull ups lol ) when i get back from bow hunting.

My diet is not super picky yet, i eat a bowl of decent cereal in the morning, then i drink 2 carnation instant breakfasts for a bit of protein / some vitamins after my workout. Lunch is kind of weird for me, sometimes i dont eat because im busy and i just forget or ill eat a small granola bar or maybe a full on whole grain turkey sandwich. For dinner ill just have what we are eating at home in reasonable proportions, id say i still eat out at least once a week as well but the portions are reasonable.

No soda, i drink water all day every day and recently id say i do drink some alcohol once or twice a week, not normally beer though.

So finally a few questions i have i guess. First im assuming im not going to really put on muscle unless i start eating alot more / gaining fat again? Does the 24% of body fat i still have help me put on more muscle in any way or should i keep doing what im doing until all the fat is gone and then i can start bulking?

By adding new compound exercises do you think i have been shocking my muscles or do i need to find different lifts that work the same muscles at this point? I have seen some improvement in the amount i can lift but i have nothing to base how good my improvements are.

Lastly i just recently bought one of those nice scales, does body weight, BMI, fat percentage, water percentage and a few other things i believe. How can i use the scales functions to determine if i am losing fat or lean body mass? Is it possible?

Thanks for any help you can give me guys and thanks for reading my long ass post lol.
    TJolt may be able to help you out here more since I have always been the opposite and skinny and trying to put on muscle; which consisted of me gaining weight/fat to get the muscle, then leaning it out.

My guess here is to keep doing what you are doing and continue the weight loss to reduce your body fat; my guess is you have the muscle under there; it is just being hidden under your current body fat. I bet when you lean that all out you will have the muscle that you want. Then when you get to the body fat you want to be and decide you want more muscle, follow what has been said in this thread . Be sure to change up your workouts though so you don’t plateau. Sounds like you are making good progress to me if you have lost over 50 pounds in five months……

Sorry never used one of those scales...actually I have never measured my body fat.

First - welcome to the gymrat club I'm going to put my responses inside your post - hope it doesn't get weird looking...

Quote Originally Posted by Survivalism View Post
    So it sure looks like you guys k now whats going on, ill post my situation.

**How tall are you? If you've lost 40-50 pounds that fast kudos to you. The first trick is not to over think things. If you still have more fat to lose and you'd like it gone you're going in the right direction. If you're 6'2"...we have a whole different conversation on our hands. Clean up your diet to keep your muscle and lose the fat. Switch the carnation for isopure or some other protein drink - seriously. Never skip a meal - in fact, eat every 2 to 2.5 hrs. A couple small changes like this will help you to keep your muscle and lose the fat. But - not knowing what you look like, what your stats are, etc - I can't help much more there.

**how intense is your cardio? I'd recommend for fat loss that you do some interval cardio - shorter, more intense and more effective. Cardio is essential for whole body health - don't stop doing cardio.

Mon - upper body
    Bench press
    bicep curls
    military press
    tricep extensions
    bent over rows

dead lifts
    calf raises
    reverse sit ups
    bicycle sit up things
    plank for abs

** Your workout looks pretty ok - I'd recommend a M/Th Upper body, Tue/Fri lower body with Wed being cardio and abs and saturday being cardio and abs. Longer cardio - is also good for you. Also - try to work the big musces to the smaller muscles. For example - Chest, shoulders, back, bis, tris.....not Shoulders, bis, back, etc. Remember that unless you have chicken legs or something you use your lower body in cardio and to move around every day your leg day should have one purpose - build strength or build endurance. For strength - lift more than you think you can as many times as you can. For endurance - lift less more times than any human wants to. Either way a good leg day results in puking

** Clean up your food - really that's 80% of your game!**

**When trying to lose weight - lose the weight you want to lose then switch your focus. You won't lose all your muscle getting thinner if you're lifting and eating. You must lift. You must eat. You must hydrate. You must sleep. When you get lean you'll surprise yourself.

** Changing up your moves every week or two is good. Body's plateau. That's not fun or effective. Shock it...switch your days, switch your moves, add plyometrics...keep shocking it. Your body likes that.

**Kinda....but not really. In my experience those things are really just a fancy way to tell women they are fat (that's wht it told me and it was right not too long ago). Use the scale but use your strength, your moving up in weights, your longer easier cardio and your clothes. Get to where you feel happy...then re-evaluate the goal. In this game the goal is never achieved...if 11% bodyfat is your goal you'll get there but then you'll be too small so your new goal is to add 10 pounds of muscle...then get back to 8% body fat...goals and focuses should change and your diet and gym activity (and extracurrricular activities) need to change to match your goal....every goal has different requirements.

omg i'm stopping now

took no explode today. not impressed at all. 45 mins after taking it I was shaky and extremely tired, the complete opposite of what its supposed to do.

First off, what's up man!!!! Miss you down here in CO....

Never heard of the stuff before, but I searched around the internet and it has got really good reviews. Seems similar to MassPump that I use http://www.saveonsupplements.com/masspump.html

LoLo, you ever tried MassPump? Just wondering how is compared to the Jack3rd. I may have to try this Jack3d out as I know you have been into fitness even longer than me.
    What's up Nate! Good to hear from ya brotha. Miss everyone in Colorado too. I have never tried MassPump, so I am unable to compare. Jack3d is simply ridiculous. All the guys in my Recruiter office are on it due to the insane results and transformation I have gone through taking it over the past 3 months. I have dropped 15 pounds, and put on about 10 pounds of lean muscle. My bench has increased by 80lbs, due to Jack3d allowing me to knock out more reps with heavier sets. I am curling 45lb plates like they are made out of styrofoam! My run times have dropped from a 14:30 2 mile to a 12:10 2 mile, all since I have been taking Jack3d! Proper rest, diet, and protein/vitamins are necessary for recovery of course... Don't forget plenty of H2O~
    2014 Ducati Hypermotard 821
    2015 HD FLHXS

This thread made me hungry...
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

TJolt may be able to help you out here more since I have always been the opposite and skinny and trying to put on muscle; which consisted of me gaining weight/fat to get the muscle, then leaning it out.

My guess here is to keep doing what you are doing and continue the weight loss to reduce your body fat; my guess is you have the muscle under there; it is just being hidden under your current body fat. I bet when you lean that all out you will have the muscle that you want. Then when you get to the body fat you want to be and decide you want more muscle, follow what has been said in this thread . Be sure to change up your workouts though so you don’t plateau. Sounds like you are making good progress to me if you have lost over 50 pounds in five months……

Sorry never used one of those scales...actually I have never measured my body fat.
    Thanks for the response!!

Quote Originally Posted by cdbouncer View Post
    First - welcome to the gymrat club I'm going to put my responses inside your post - hope it doesn't get weird looking...
    Thanks for the great response! Some answers to your questions,

I am about 5 foot 8, overall kind of short i guess lol. Ive got wide shoulders and a big frame though.

Cardio is pretty intense, id say heart rate is 140+ easy, probably more like 150-160, as i have been going instead of increasing time on the bike i have been increasing my speed and intensity to make sure i kept my heart rate nice and high, im assuming this is what your talking about right?

Should i switch my work out days after i get to my ideal fat percent? Or do you think doing hour long cardio 2 times a week would burn as much fat as doing 30 minute cardio 6 times a week? Ill re-arrange the exercises for sure though, that makes a lot of sense.

My diet pretty much has to be compatible with my mom and her boyfriend at this point, over time i think i can help clean it up though for sure. Is their a way you could give me an idea of what i could eat for breakfast lunch and dinner / i guess snacks? Nothing too detailed needed, i have little knowledge about this part of the game though and i know its one of the most important.

With the way i have been lifting on week one 1 i will start with chest but on week 2 i start with legs, i imagine the body will still get used to this routine? Im going to have to look up some other lifts to change things up for a bit, ive been doing alot of those lifts in the pattern above for most of the time i have been lifting.

For the first 4 months probably i did not weigh myself at all, i didnt think i was losing weight until i put on my motorcycle jacket and had to re-adjust the waist. The only reason im weighing myself now is i started logging all my lifts with weight and reps ( finally! ) and figured i mind as well add my weight to it.

Hope you can match these up with your responses, and seriously thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions so thoroughly

Quote Originally Posted by (( LO LO )) View Post
    What's up Nate! Good to hear from ya brotha. Miss everyone in Colorado too. I have never tried MassPump, so I am unable to compare. Jack3d is simply ridiculous. All the guys in my Recruiter office are on it due to the insane results and transformation I have gone through taking it over the past 3 months. I have dropped 15 pounds, and put on about 10 pounds of lean muscle. My bench has increased by 80lbs, due to Jack3d allowing me to knock out more reps with heavier sets. I am curling 45lb plates like they are made out of styrofoam! My run times have dropped from a 14:30 2 mile to a 12:10 2 mile, all since I have been taking Jack3d! Proper rest, diet, and protein/vitamins are necessary for recovery of course... Don't forget plenty of H2O~
    I read reviews all night of this stuff and all were postive and seems like the best pre-workout drink out there....so I ordered it! Thanks man, I'll let you know how I like it.

Dang man, you were already huge a few years ago, so I can't imagine what you look like now. Funny you are probably one of the few people that saw me in high school when I was maybe 120 pounds and never worked out......LoLo was always that cool buff jock guy on the football team and I was the skinny guy wearing baggy clothes to hide that I had no muscle tone at all!

I read reviews all night of this stuff and all were postive and seems like the best pre-workout drink out there....so I ordered it! Thanks man, I'll let you know how I like it.

Dang man, you were already huge a few years ago, so I can't imagine what you look like now. Funny you are probably one of the few people that saw me in high school when I was maybe 120 pounds and never worked out......LoLo was always that cool buff jock guy on the football team and I was the skinny guy wearing baggy clothes to hide that I had no muscle tone at all!
    That definitely looks like a good Nitric Oxide preworkout mix. Let me know how it works for you as it will most likely be my next purchase
    Casey D

That definitely looks like a good Nitric Oxide preworkout mix. Let me know how it works for you as it will most likely be my next purchase
    Cool, I will. I am a believer in pre-workout drinks to get you up and going; I sit at a desk all day and need a jolt of energy to get me in the gym. MassPump really changed my workouts and gives me that extra focus and energy to do a few more sets, so I am excited about this Jack3d

Just look at the reviews this Jack3d is getting; 126 five start ratings and this is just Amazon. People on Bodybuilding.com were raving about this stuff.
    http://www.amazon.com/Jack3d-Lemon-L.../dp/B001USN5CG

I am about 5 foot 8, overall kind of short i guess lol. Ive got wide shoulders and a big frame though.

** ok then still working on losing fat at 5'8" is reasonable. It really depends on your goals. I've never recommended this before to anybody but one consult/workout with a trainer might be worth your money. They can see you, talk to you, find out your goals and point you in the right direction better than any random person on the internet can. All the information in the world isn't as good as somebody who knows what they are talking about - face to face.

Cardio is pretty intense, id say heart rate is 140+ easy, probably more like 150-160, as i have been going instead of increasing time on the bike i have been increasing my speed and intensity to make sure i kept my heart rate nice and high, im assuming this is what your talking about right?

**Yes and no. Interval training is something that I hate and love all at the same time. Interval cardio is difficult to explain - google it. They'll do a better job. I always scare people when I explain it....and it's not scary.

Should i switch my work out days after i get to my ideal fat percent? Or do you think doing hour long cardio 2 times a week would burn as much fat as doing 30 minute cardio 6 times a week? Ill re-arrange the exercises for sure though, that makes a lot of sense.

**I'd say don't stop your 30 min daily caridio - that's a good warm up for lifting. But personally my body needed two days when I didn't lift and I used those days for longer cardio to increase my endurance and abs. From my experience I switched things up with I got bored or when I stopped improving. You should be able to go up in weight or reps weekly if if you're lifting hard every week. If you haven't increased your shoulder press in 6 weeks....stop doing it for a few weeks - do something else. Then add it back in a few weeks later....etc.

My diet pretty much has to be compatible with my mom and her boyfriend at this point, over time i think i can help clean it up though for sure. Is their a way you could give me an idea of what i could eat for breakfast lunch and dinner / i guess snacks? Nothing too detailed needed, i have little knowledge about this part of the game though and i know its one of the most important.

** Bfast - 6 eggwhites w/3 yolks, 1 cup oats, 1 apple
    **10am - isopure protein shake (or whatever protein you like)
    **Lunch - at least 4oz of lean protein w/ veggies and some complex carb
    **3pm - protein bar - seriously like pure protein not granola
    **Dinner - at least 4oz of lean protein ..blah blah
    **7pm - protein shot w/ an apple

That's super simple and easy for almost anybody to accomplish. When I trained I liked to try to make every time I put something in my body something I made (real food) but that's just not feasible or reasonable for many people so protein shakes and bars are good but limit it to 3 of your 6-8 meals per day. When I say meal I mean meal but little portioned meals. If you make a whole turkey sandwich with veggies on ww bread...cut it in half and eat it 2 hours apart.

With the way i have been lifting on week one 1 i will start with chest but on week 2 i start with legs, i imagine the body will still get used to this routine? Im going to have to look up some other lifts to change things up for a bit, ive been doing alot of those lifts in the pattern above for most of the time i have been lifting.

**Go to borders and curl up with the encyclopedia of bodybuilding. It's Arnold S and it's OLD but it's got some good old school moves that work and their mechanics behind them...AND it'll teach you what muscles should be working while you do the move. Then buy the book... Your body will always get bored with what you do if you repeat it enough. Add some box jumps on a upper body day or squat thrusts (they have a new name I think) on lower body day to add to the mix.....mixing it up will keep your body ready for change.

For the first 4 months probably i did not weigh myself at all, i didnt think i was losing weight until i put on my motorcycle jacket and had to re-adjust the waist. The only reason im weighing myself now is i started logging all my lifts with weight and reps ( finally! ) and figured i mind as well add my weight to it.

**Congrats - track EVERYTHING. What did you lift, how many times, how many sets. This allows you to understand what your workouts look like and how you're moving along...and gives that trainer something to look at and give you feedback on. One consult with a trainer is never a bad thing. I've never worked with one myself but I've known plenty who have ripped my workout apart or whatever...

Hope you can match these up with your responses, and seriously thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions so thoroughly