Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Workout Supplements - Pre and Post

Re: Workout Supplements - Pre and Post

Quote Originally Posted by (( LO LO )) View Post
    Get pumped brotha!
    I am man, first time I have got this excited by the results of a supp in a long time! I was seriously putting up more weight than ever before and felt like I could work out for hours. Feel asleep fine which I was worried about......

Just ordered the grape/bubbelgum! This stuff is almost too good to be true, so if anyone hears any news of it getting banned let me know (seriously) so I can buy a case of it
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I am man, first time I have got this excited by the results of a supp in a long time! I was seriously putting up more weight than ever before and felt like I could work out for hours. Feel asleep fine which I was worried about......

Just ordered the grape/bubbelgum! This stuff is almost too good to be true, so if anyone hears any news of it getting banned let me know (seriously) so I can buy a case of it
    Thats awesome man. I have about 10 days left on my GNC N.O. Loaded and the Jack3d will be my next purchase for sure. Still haven't heard a bad thing about it
    Casey D

Quote Originally Posted by dragos13 View Post
    Thats awesome man. I have about 10 days left on my GNC N.O. Loaded and the Jack3d will be my next purchase for sure. Still haven't heard a bad thing about it
    Post up how you like it, but I bet you will be impressed! Just found it on ebay for $24.95 with free shipping.

Thanks for posting up pics (you too Vegasbound) so I wasn't alone I need to get some updated ones since that was over 6 months ago and I have been hitting it hard the last few months.

Well this is my first pre-workout drink that I have taken. The taste (fruit punch) is tolerable for sure. Not something I have to force down. I would actually recommend this to anyone but with my limited knowledge, I have to try Jack3d first to compare. It really helps me focus in the gym. I get home from work somedays just not feeling like working out. About 30min after drinking it, I'm at the gym pumped up and ready to go. I can get through my workout much easier (I spent the first week without a preworkout drink) and my body feels much stronger. I really notice it towards the end of my workout when I can hit the bike for 10min HARD without letting up.
    Casey D

One thing you guys will notice with the pre-workout stuff is switching supps makes them feel "amazing." For some reason your body gets used to the blend of whatever you're currently on. I don't buy more then one tub at a time for this reason anymore, and switch them around constantly. I like the Jack3d and the SSIN but the Monster Pump by cyto is my new fav and I have had several tubs of this. The jack3d etc. is good for a kick but the larger blended supps have more stuff in them to aid in recovery etc.

Also, the most important is your POST workout stuff. The very best thing I can find is either Myozene OR Anator P70. Don't mess with anything else, these are really a perfect blend, the rest is just hype.
    08 CBR 1KRR RED
    Lots of goodies, more to come
    06 Big Dog K9 custom

Quote Originally Posted by PROFLYER View Post
    One thing you guys will notice with the pre-workout stuff is switching supps makes them feel "amazing." For some reason your body gets used to the blend of whatever you're currently on. I don't buy more then one tub at a time for this reason anymore, and switch them around constantly. I like the Jack3d and the SSIN but the Monster Pump by cyto is my new fav and I have had several tubs of this. The jack3d etc. is good for a kick but the larger blended supps have more stuff in them to aid in recovery etc.

Also, the most important is your POST workout stuff. The very best thing I can find is either Myozene OR Anator P70. Don't mess with anything else, these are really a perfect blend, the rest is just hype.
    Anator P70 is the worst tasting supp I have ever tried; beware!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PROFLYER View Post

While some supplements are definitely better than others, to say that ALL OTHER SUPPLEMENTS are just hype is going a bit far.

I just ordered Jack3d to replace the GNC stuff I've been using for pre-workout so we'll see how that goes. Might check out the Monster Pump next
    Casey D

2010 Supp Awards by Bodybuilding.com
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2010...rd-winners.htm

Nice Jack3d won three of them

Jack3d is awesome... Hands down
    2014 Ducati Hypermotard 821
    2015 HD FLHXS

Well UPS just delivered Jack3d to my front door :-)

I also added CytoSport CytoGainer as my morning supplement. I take it first thing when I wake up to refresh the protein in my system. Also, should help bulk up. So, between that, a protein bar and my post workout GNC Wheybolic 60 I'm taking about 90g protein supplements and 90g protein real food per day.

I plan on taking Jack3d starting today and will update you guys after 1 workou rotation (4 days)

Casey D

Oh yeah, current measurements show I gained 1/4 inch each bicep and almost 1 inch in the chest. This is after only 30 days which took me 90 days last year for the same gain.
    Casey D

Well UPS just delivered Jack3d to my front door :-)

I also added CytoSport CytoGainer as my morning supplement. I take it first thing when I wake up to refresh the protein in my system. Also, should help bulk up. So, between that, a protein bar and my post workout GNC Wheybolic 60 I'm taking about 90g protein supplements and 90g protein real food per day.

I plan on taking Jack3d starting today and will update you guys after 1 workou rotation (4 days)

I just completed a week on Jack3d, and I am still impressed with my workout result while on it. None have been under 2 hours and all times I had to force myself to leave because I still had energy to lift even when I lifted more than I do usually.

Let me know how it goes for you.

NoX, Creatine, and a few protein shakes a day is all I take. I've been able to throw on 25 lbs in a little over a month. Muscle memory FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    NoX, Creatine, and a few protein shakes a day is all I take. I've been able to throw on 25 lbs in a little over a month. Muscle memory FTW
    Obviously this writeup is biased towards Jack3d but take a look at the facts:

http://www.jack-3d.com/jack3d-vs-no-xplode

I have been using GNC N.O. Loaded and it works great. I figure its time to switch things up and use them back to back. See if its better or worse and continue on my mission
    Casey D

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Well you had shrank a lot last time I saw you

Try Jack3d and I doubt you will use NOx anymore, especially since it is cheaper..... Worked for me, so I am happy.

Obviously this writeup is biased towards Jack3d but take a look at the facts:

http://www.jack-3d.com/jack3d-vs-no-xplode
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Nov 2nd, 2010 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Well you had shrank a lot last time I saw you

Try Jack3d and I doubt you will use NOx anymore, especially since it is cheaper..... Worked for me, so I am happy.

I'll check it out. I'm stuck at 200. Need to do more legs.

So I wanted to get this thread bumped up again to see where everyone is at and how things are going.

First, I tried Jack3d but decided to stop due to some side effects. If you are interested in details please PM me as I'd rather not discuss it publicly. I got up to about 163 after the first 30 days and have been there ever since. I gotta say, its great stuff for your pump and focus. Not much else has changed other then adding my CytoGainer shake in the morning and Whey Isolate 28 about an hour before workout. I will admit that I was throwing up more weight then ever.

First day:
    First thing I noticed was the container is super small. It has 45 servings and it half the size of my GNC which is also 45 servings. The scoops are very small also. Definitely doesn’t taste like fruit punch, more like pina colada. Also, doesn’t mix up as smooth as they claim but with only 4 ounces of water, it went down pretty easy. I used 1 scoop per recommendations for the first time. I felt pretty good once I got to the gym. I definitely had more focus on this stuff, and felt like tunnel vision when I was on the machines. I was able to bang through the same amount of sets with slightly more weight (I have been increasing weight every week already). The huge difference I noticed was the pump. This day was an arms day and my arms were throbbing. I have never had them so pumped up in my life. It stayed that way for hours after the workout. I never felt that sort of pump with the GNC product. It was the most noticeable improvement between the two. Focus stayed throughout my workout and I left the gym with energy, maybe slightly more than usual.
    Day 2:
    Once again the pump was insane. It was a legs day and my calfs were seriously bulging by the time I was done. I’m still only taking 1 scoop per instructions and hoping to keep it at that amount. I had great focus but it seemed like I was lacking much energy. I could get through a set without any issues but in between sets I was feeling kind of tired. They estimate 100mg of caffeine per scoop of jack3d while my previous GNC stuff had 400mg. I’m thinking I have become immune to caffeine now so hopefully it will start kicking in better since I’ll be taking less daily. Still a great product. Very chunky this time but you can down it all in two gulps.
    Day 3:
    I decided I need more protein immediately prior to my workout. Normally I eat lunch at 11am then don’t have anything else until my preworkout supp (jack3d). Now, I decided to start mixing one scoop of Jack3d with one scoop of GNC Whey Isolate 28. Whey Isolates are the fastest absorbing type of protein. I drank this mix about 45 minutes prior to workout. The mix of pina colada and chocolate isn’t the best but its still drinkable. Once again I had great pump in my arms and shoulders (this was a shoulders day) and good focus but still lacked the normal energy I’d feel on the N.O. Loaded. I’m convinced its just a matter of caffeine content and I’m actually happy to workout with less caffeine. I have read a lot of reviews about this stuff making it hard to sleep but about 4 hrs after taking it I was plenty tired to pass out. I haven’t noticed any negative side effects. My appetite is about the same. If anything I’m more hungry. I have also made sure to drink lots of water. Atleast a gallon a day.

I have stopped taking Jack3d and switched back to N.O. Loaded from GNC. My next pre-workout supplement is going to be Monster Pump by CytoSport. I will keep people posted on that and should be starting at the first of next month. If you are trying to stay lean and build muscle, Jack3d works great. I have dropped about an inch on my waist while still gaining about an 1/8 inch on my arms and 1/2 inch on my chest, all in about 20 days.

Next month I will be totally revising my program. I have a personal trainer who is going to change up my workout routine as well as my diet. Her goal is to get me at about 80% real food and 20% supplements. I still plan on putting on muscle and cutting down fat to get to the shredded look that I'm after. She is going to help me with everything, from what I eat, when I eat it, and how I work out. I have currently starting tracking every peice of food or drink (basically everything I take in except water) to monitor calories, protein, fat and carbs.
    Casey D

Wow, sorry Jack3d didn't work out for you man. I am still getting awesome results from it and if anything my problem now is over-training because I never get truly tired at the gym now and always seems to have the energy and focus to do a few more sets. I like the less caffeine as caffeine usually makes me crash. I guess some supplements react different to some people, because I have got no side effects at all; if anything I would say it improves my mood after a stressful day at work.

Your best supplement is food and plenty of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay600 View Post
    Except food is not a supplement

A dietary supplement, also known as food supplement or nutritional supplement, is a preparation intended to supplement the diet and provide nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, fiber, fatty acids, or amino acids, that may be missing or may not be consumed in sufficient quantity in a person's diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay600 View Post
    Unfortunately that isn't true. With the advancements in technology, there are far superior supplements over food such as Whey Isolates and specific boosters like Nitric Oxide to increase blood flow and creatine to supply energy to your cells.

Don't get me wrong, food is extremely important. Its just not as efficient for specific needs such as fast absorbing predigesting proteins, etc.

The main reason for this thread is because I have a pretty good idea on what a good diet should consist of. Its pretty obvious what foods do what. I'm just new to supplements and like talking to people who have tried certain products, what works, why it works, and how it work.
    Casey D

Ok, guess it is time to bring up this old thread since it is summer time and more people are getting geared towards getting in shape. Plus I think with the server crash we lost the “Get in Shape” thread (I could not find it).

So LoLo changed my workout with his recommendation of Jack3d and I have been using it for a few months now. Well it is time to move up to the next best per-workout supplement that people are talking about that like Jack3D. Ordered this and should get in today:

1.M.R.

Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/1-M-R-Fruit-Pu.../dp/B0034VX4Y6

Here is my progress so far in the last few months. As some know from the other thread I had beeb adding weight for years (started at 135lbs with a 34 inch waist [beer belly]. Got to about 190lbs and then leaned it all out which was one way I have suggested for people that have trouble gaining to do. I am at about 175 with a 30 inch waist now. Speak up gym rats or anyone that is addicted to fitness like me Plus I am always down to help people starting out...

about a 1:20 in....
    http://youtu.be/4JMOh-cul6M

Quote Originally Posted by mastap07 View Post
    about a 1:20 in....
    http://youtu.be/4JMOh-cul6M