Thread: NPR = morons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Re: NPR = morons

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    It seems, over there, they have over thousands of years developed a culture of bloodthirsty acts, justifying anything and everything in the name of allah.
    Careful. Catholicism/Christianity has been used the same way for a couple thousand years as well. Different god, still a lot of dead people. Just because it isn't the predominant religion waging holy wars today does not make that point less relevant.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Careful. Catholicism/Christianity has been used the same way for a couple thousand years as well. Different god, still a lot of dead people. Just because it isn't the predominant religion waging holy wars today does not make that point less relevant.
    True, but those barbaric acts (and they WERE barbaric) occurred many hundreds of years ago. I can see a primitive people commiting such acts, but we're to the point where for the most part the world is civilized enough to realize that those acts are not acceptable today. If people are civilized enough today to make a call on a cell phone, they're (or should be) civilized enough to NOT use that cell phone as a bomb trigger.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

True, but those barbaric acts (and they WERE barbaric) occurred many hundreds of years ago.
    What were Muslims doing in Jerusalem? ...and Turkey, Greece, Spain, Austria, etc? hmmmm
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by jbnwc View Post
    What were Muslims doing in Jerusalem? ...and Turkey, Greece, Spain, Austria, etc? hmmmm
    Blowing shit up.......
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Blowing shit up.......

I'm sure it was peaceful, whatever it was. I'm sure they were just migrant workers.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

Yes, it is. The vast majority of what are considered terrorist acts are perpatrated by muslims.
    And this is why the tread will continue until an admin locks it. There are a lot of terrorist acts that go on in the world and the US doesn't hear about most of them (gotta love filtered news). Many of these different attacks in Asia and South America have nothing to do with Muslims. The ones we hear about do. Because that perpetuates fear (back to a firm Catholic belief)Check out more world news.

The religious lines had a role to play in their politics, but they aren't killing because one likes infant baptism and the other doesn't, for example. It's a political war.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't it start out as the belief/religion behind the government? And then evoled much more into politics after? The point I was trying to make is that terrorist attacks on the US were not completely religious based. It was only one of their motivators.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't it start out as the belief/religion behind the government? And then evoled much more into politics after? The point I was trying to make is that terrorist attacks on the US were not completely religious based. It was only one of their motivators.
    Where they attacking on behalf of Saudi Arabia? Iran? Afghanistan? Oil? Or perhaps they have something against tall buildings or those that aren't square shaped?
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post

Are you implying that we deserved it? That we "had it coming" so to speak?
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

Where they attacking on behalf of Saudi Arabia? Iran? Afghanistan? Oil? Or perhaps they have something against tall buildings or those that aren't square shaped?
    No, none of those reasons. I would say display of power, domination, being recognized/heard as a group/leader, proving that they are a global power to be contended with, are aspects that could play a role in prompting attacks.

Are you implying that we deserved it? That we "had it coming" so to speak?
    Not sure how you got that out of my statement, but no.