Thread: Driod X or Droid 2

Dissconected from this world

Driod X or Droid 2

ok taking advantage of the early upgrade and dont know what to do. I'm use to keybords but like the functionality of the touch screen on the X. but the 2 has both but a older os. Any opinions?

BTW I will not get another crackberry.

Re: Driod X or Droid 2

Droid X has the latest Android 2.2 "Froyo". Think the next one to be released is "Gingerbread" . I've had the X for a couple weeks now. So far so good. Its got all the goodies and a bigger screen. Havent really payed around with a 2 tho.

yea im leaning torwards the X but wanted to hear from people playing with them. Thanks for the heads. Looking to use it a lot since my job is soooo boring and very little to do. Figured I might get a book on Programing the Andriod OS and messing around with it.

If you can hold out a few more weeks... the major manufacturer's will be releasing their hot new phones for Xmas. And then you can score a sick deal on a subsidized unit.

Actually, you are slightly incorrect...Droid 2 has Android 2.2 "Froyo". It was shipped with the latest OS whereas most of the X units will have to download it.
    I just got the 2 a week or so ago and figured I'd need the keyboard coming from Blackberry. Very, very rarely am I actually using the physical keyboard though, and I'm hearing the same from most people moving from Berry to Droid.
    If that would be the case for you as well, you'll need to look at what is most important to you. I liked the thought of the larger screen on the X, but I can also foresee myself breaking the damn thing in half since it is so damn big. It has the HDMI (mini) output, but how often will you actually use it? It also has a higher res camera on it. Your best bet is to just play with both and see which feels better in your hands.
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by = Buckeye Jess = View Post
    Actually, you are slightly incorrect...Droid 2 has Android 2.2 "Froyo". It was shipped with the latest OS whereas most of the X units will have to download it.
    I just got the 2 a week or so ago and figured I'd need the keyboard coming from Blackberry. Very, very rarely am I actually using the physical keyboard though, and I'm hearing the same from most people moving from Berry to Droid.
    If that would be the case for you as well, you'll need to look at what is most important to you. I liked the thought of the larger screen on the X, but I can also foresee myself breaking the damn thing in half since it is so damn big. It has the HDMI (mini) output, but how often will you actually use it? It also has a higher res camera on it. Your best bet is to just play with both and see which feels better in your hands.
    Nuh uh. They released Froyo on the X back in Sept. They are coming shipped with the update. Supposedly there is an update to Froyo coming out to fix some minor bug(I've not seen any). But any newly purchased X will have it.

Quote Originally Posted by = Buckeye Jess = View Post
    I knew you'd be joining this convo!

Having played around a little with Jess' phone the other day, I can say its a great phone from what I saw. It's lightning quick and I didn't even notice the QWERTY keyboard until Jess showed me. The swype function is nice to have and it still has the touch-screen keyboard.

I've played around with the X as well and it does everything the 2 does, minus the QWERTY keyboard and new OS (which can be downloaded, as Jess mentioned, unless you're getting a newly made X which already comes with the new OS), but it does have a HUGE screen. Is it too big? It all depends on what you do with it. If you're just going to browse the web, update your Facebook, check email, etc., then you don't NEED the X, but you may like it. If you're using the phone as a media device to watch movies or play games, then you might benefit from the larger screen. I'm updating my phone next month and I'm sure I'll be deciding between the 2 and the X as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CaneZach View Post
    but it does have a HUGE screen. Is it too big? It all depends on what you do with it.
    2 words...mobile pron

My vision sucks, the bigger screen is nice.

LOL....
    Thanks for the imput guys, I would wait but I have 30 days to return the "normal phone" I have now and just want to go back to the smart phones due to the fact that I have a boring job with lots of time to mess with it. Thanks again

Wait until early next year when they start releasing the LTE phones. (and for what's it's worth, I like the Droid Incredible)
    Nathaniel
    13 DRZ400SM (mine) -- 08 CBR 600RR (wife's) -- 06 GSX-R 600 (sold)
    I don't always test my code, but when I do, I do it in production.