Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

Thread: *** The Photography Thread ***

Re: *** The Photography Thread ***

Quote Originally Posted by Fumet5uNo View Post
    If ef-s lens work with mark series
    No, EF-S lenses cannot mount on full frame bodies - they will only work on crop-sensored bodies.

However, EF lenses are compatible with both crop and full frame bodies.

My #1 rule of lenses - always buy FF compatible. However, if I were more devoted to Canon's line of APS-C sensored bodies, I'd seriously consider the EF-S 17-55. That is a beast of a lens!

a part of hell where its always warm and the roads are to die for

That's my prob I have 3 ef-s lens

That's my prob I have 3 ef-s lens
    Which ones?

The 5D Mark III is here!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Mark_III.html

Holy heck... has the 1DX AF system... talk about insano...

The EOS 5D Mark III utilises the same 61-point wide-area AF system as the flagship EOS-1D X, providing exceptional sensitivity, precision and speed. One of the most advanced AF systems currently available, it features an impressive 41 cross-type points and five dual cross-type points, providing unsurpassed accuracy across the frame. The customisable AF pre-sets introduced in the EOS-1D X are also available, helping the capture of traditionally challenging subjects, and providing additional reliability in ituations where subject movement can be unpredictable. Highly accurate exposures are provided by Canon’s acclaimed iFCL metering system, which incorporates a 63-zone Dual-Layer sensor linked to each point of the AF system. Focus information gathered from the AF system is analysed alongside colour and luminance signals measured by the metering sensor itself, enabling the EOS 5D Mark III to deliver consistently accurate skin tones and excellent results in a wide range of shooting situations.
    Last edited by JustSomeDude; Thu Mar 1st, 2012 at 10:13 PM.

10-22,18-55, 55-250

Crap everything I have is canon lol except tripod

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    The 5D Mark III is here!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Mark_III.html

Holy heck... has the 1DX AF system... talk about insano...
    Good god everything u want and then some wireless gps

Good god everything u want and then some wireless gps
    My ISO dream came true...

Paired with its CMOS sensor, we're told that JPEG shots are roughly two stops cleaner than that of the Mark II. For example, the amount of noise you'd see at 6,400 with the II only creeps up to the III at 25,600.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/02/c...-sensor-6-fps/
    I can't believe that. Usable shots at 25,600? GTFO of town!!!!

Just looked on canon sight and came across the 1d x and I threw up

Just looked on canon sight and came across the 1d x and I threw up
    Yes - the 1DX is sick. But out of my reach.

Now that I've come back down to earth after my 5DIII freakout fest, let me touch on your lenses. There's no easy way to put this, so I'll be blunt... the 18-55 and 55-250 are plastic bodied lenses that you probably couldn't resell for more than $300 combined. The 10-22 on the other hand, is an ultra-wide dream for a crop sensor owner - and it will hold it's value for a long time to come.

The down-side: If you go FF you'll be dumping thousands into lenses off the bat to get the same focal range you have now.

The up-side: The lenses you DO have are JUST FINE for shooting on a crop sensor. A lot of people like to measure their cocks by the glass they own. And while L lenses certainly provide better clarity, color accuracy, and resolution than their less expensive counter parts, they are not a necessity (unless you want to go pro, create oversized prints, or sell images to outlets like Getty, etc.). Your lenses will continue to work fine for what you do. HOWEVER - if you DO plan on going full frame in the next year or two, I would not buy any more EF-S glass. Save up - and buy EF lenses. They cost more, but they work on all Canon dSLR camera bodies.

I've been thinking about getting a DSLR for a while, I've used one my brother has a bit. I've been waiting for the 5D MKIII, mostly wondering if it would drop the price on the 7D and 5D MKII. Looking at the specs on the MKIII though it seems like it has the best of both plus more...
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

I feel ya I do want to grow my ef collect I have the ef 16-35 wich I love, I have had a chance to test a few, just not sure if I want to make that jump, but the ef 8-15 fe is kinda tempting, and I got a chance to test out my uncles 800 = holy crap. But price will stop that buy

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    I've been thinking about getting a DSLR for a while, I've used one my brother has a bit. I've been waiting for the 5D MKIII, mostly wondering if it would drop the price on the 7D and 5D MKII. Looking at the specs on the MKIII though it seems like it has the best of both plus more...
    That's allot of dslr to jump in to, I'm still a fan of 7d and even 60d

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    Looks like the Canon 5D MKII is staying in the lineup.

Also - I am selling my own 5DMKII as of today.

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.

DAMN that MkIII is a beast isn't it?

Well based on the glass - much like Fumet I'm screwed for FF for now...
    I do hope the rage over the MkIII and the price drop of the MkII pushes the 7D price lower --- I do believe that is the direction I'll go when I've got the coin to upgrade.

JSD - you heard the rumor they're going to come out with a 7D MkII? I've seen that floating around. Better ISO control, new sensor, etc... top level cropped frame but an overall tech improvement based on the leaps and bounds Canon has just made with the X and MkIII. Any substantiating evidence to that rumor from your sources?
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    JSD - you heard the rumor they're going to come out with a 7D MkII? I've seen that floating around. Better ISO control, new sensor, etc... top level cropped frame but an overall tech improvement based on the leaps and bounds Canon has just made with the X and MkIII. Any substantiating evidence to that rumor from your sources?
    No substantiation on a 7D2 just yet - but with the 1DX released in October, the brand new Cine-Line of Canon camera bodies, the 5D3 now with new speedlites, and the slew of new and updated lenses Canon is dropping on a regular basis - the "rumor" that 2012 was going to see a revamp of Canon's entire line is proving to be true.

That said, the "rumor mill" is anticipating another big dSLR body at the Photokina 2012 tradeshow. That's at the end of September which would put it right at the 3-year anniversary of the 7D release. Since the 3-year time frame is Canon's most common update window, we can expect to see something new and splashy.

So in a word - yes. I think we'll see a 7D Mark II by the end of the year, or at least a comparable new APS-C powerhouse.

No substantiation on a 7D2 just yet - but with the 1DX released in October, the brand new Cine-Line of Canon camera bodies, the 5D3 now with new speedlites, and the slew of new and updated lenses Canon is dropping on a regular basis - the "rumor" that 2012 was going to see a revamp of Canon's entire line is proving to be true.

That said, the "rumor mill" is anticipating another big dSLR body at the Photokina 2012 tradeshow. That's at the end of September which would put it right at the 3-year anniversary of the 7D release. Since the 3-year time frame is Canon's most common update window, we can expect to see something new and splashy.

So in a word - yes. I think we'll see a 7D Mark II by the end of the year, or at least a comparable new APS-C powerhouse.
    Well then I guess I'll make a point of waiting until the end of Q2 to see what's going on to see if I'm going to pull the trigger on the current 7D or hold off in anticipation of the Mk2, should it come to fruition that is.
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Well then I guess I'll make a point of waiting until the end of Q2 to see what's going on to see if I'm going to pull the trigger on the current 7D or hold off in anticipation of the Mk2, should it come to fruition that is.
    Before considering the current 7D, I would implore you to read this: http://darwinwiggett.wordpress.com/2.../the-canon-7d/

and this: http://blog.enfoto.ca/2010/02/canons...d----shou.html

I've had some atrocious AF issues with that body, and certainly would characterize my relationship with it as one of love-hate.

Before considering the current 7D, I would implore you to read this: http://darwinwiggett.wordpress.com/2.../the-canon-7d/

and this: http://blog.enfoto.ca/2010/02/canons...d----shou.html

I've had some atrocious AF issues with that body, and certainly would characterize my relationship with it as one of love-hate.
    Huh... I hadn't heard that problem before.
    Considering how import sharpness is - kind of makes me want to rethink the 60D. BAH. Too many cool toys to compare!

Huh... I hadn't heard that problem before.
    Considering how import sharpness is - kind of makes me want to rethink the 60D. BAH. Too many cool toys to compare!
    In full disclosure - I do have a 7D.

I use it. It's functional. Is it my favorite camera body? No. It's great when the AF works - and I want to throw it at a brick wall when it doesn't. I've just modified my shooting style to shoot 3x as many shots when using the 7D, because I know a high percentage of shots will have missed focus.

That still can't make up for the perfect shot that has missed focus. Somethings just can't be recreated. :/

Hrm, I had been kind of leaning towards a 7D, based on wanting to use it for action shots, but I hadn't seen the more negative reviews. Since my brother has a Canon, I wanted to stick with them. The one thing I was trying to avoid was getting something and then deciding I needed to upgrade. I guess I need to start looking around more.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

OK- just to stir up the Canon vs. Nikon pot, I gotta drop this link about Nikon getting caught with their pants down using video shot on Canon 5D2 in their d800 promo video...

http://fstoppers.com/omg-nikon-uses-...o-promote-d800

Poor Nikon... I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Somewhere, Chuck Westfall is laughing his ass off.

hey photographers!!! going to be needing a wedding photographer in september! pm me your rates and a link to your work!

Quote Originally Posted by cbrjohnny View Post
    hey photographers!!! going to be needing a wedding photographer in september! pm me your rates and a link to your work!
    PM'd you Johnny