Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: *** The Photography Thread ***

Re: *** The Photography Thread ***

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    Just "bothers me" in that I like detail. As tests have shown - the 5D3 is more on par with the d4 than the d800...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7205/6...741e0853_o.jpg

The 5D3 is about a half-stop behind the d4 -a little less at certain ISOs. The fact that it can hold up against Nikon's flagship $6000 body says a lot in my book.

Are you saying the d800 is better than the d4? Curious.
    I've seen that same photo, but people are claiming, not me, that the canon requires a slower shutter speed to match the D4 at the same iso/fstop. I dono.

Anyways, I'm saying that OTHER people are saying that the D800 will match the D4 when the images are both 16mp.

Personally from what I've seen and my uses, it should be enough, and I don't have to sell lots of lenses, however if the D4 magiclly turned in to the D800 I wouldn't be upset.

Edit:
    What I would like to see are testshots like that photo, with the 5dM3, D4 and D800, all right next to eachother at 16mp, which don't seem to exist.
    Last edited by laspariahs; Thu Mar 8th, 2012 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laspariahs View Post
    Anyways, I'm saying that OTHER people are saying that the D800 will match the D4 when the images are both 16mp.
    And this points to my original statement - it's horses of courses. For me, moving into large format printing and blowing up shots to 72" wide and bigger, downsampling RAW files is the last thing I can do.

Each shooter needs to honestly evaluate their work and choose a camera to fit their needs.

Personally from what I've seen and my uses, it should be enough, and I don't have to sell lots of lenses, however if the D4 magiclly turned in to the D800 I wouldn't be upset.
    I don't disagree. The d800 is a bad ass.

Edit:
    What I would like to see are testshots like that photo, with the 5dM3, D4 and D800, all right next to eachother at 16mp, which don't seem to exist.
    The bigger issue is that all these "comparos" are done with "official" sample images and controlled tests. The real reviews will hit when they get in the hands of real pros and full field reviews can be performed.

I remember the first 5D2 reviews of sample tests were harsh, "images soft," "fuzzy," "blurry." And then... it hit the streets and became the most popular dSLR of all time. We'll all know soon enough how all of these cameras perform in the field. And I'm sure - regardless of reviews - that all of them will create killer images.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    And this points to my original statement - it's horses of courses. For me, moving into large format printing and blowing up shots to 72" wide and bigger, downsampling RAW files is the last thing I can do.

Each shooter needs to honestly evaluate their work and choose a camera to fit their needs.

I don't disagree. The d800 is a bad ass.

The bigger issue is that all these "comparos" are done with "official" sample images and controlled tests. The real reviews will hit when they get in the hands of real pros and full field reviews can be performed.

I remember the first 5D2 reviews of sample tests were harsh, "images soft," "fuzzy," "blurry." And then... it hit the streets and became the most popular dSLR of all time. We'll all know soon enough how all of these cameras perform in the field. And I'm sure - regardless of reviews - that all of them will create killer images.
    But but What are we supposed to do with all our down hours before the actual reviews hit!!!! Argue over sample shots that's what!

When the 5dm3 was announced I thought that was what the d800 should have been honestly. It's weird this time around, with Nikon with the high MP camera and Canon with the lower MP camera that has a better high iso capability. It's all backwards.

When the 5dm3 was announced I thought that was what the d800 should have been honestly. It's weird this time around, with Nikon with the high MP camera and Canon with the lower MP camera that has a better high iso capability. It's all backwards.
    Honestly - I think Canon pulled a big fake with the 5D3. The early rumors were high MP, and then in the last 8-10 months, the MP count kept getting lower. First it was 42+, then high 30's, then 28, and it settled around 22 in October or so.

A lot of people are of the mindset that it was an intentional ploy by Canon to trick Nikon into making a high MP camera first.

Only a few more weeks to see what the real results will show!

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

Ow Ow! My first wedding!

http://animoto.com/play/zAVFRKJLN0SUgFF9Ungz0g

I can't seem to figure out how to embed it into the post. Link takes you to animoto.com
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    Ow Ow! My first wedding!

http://animoto.com/play/zAVFRKJLN0SUgFF9Ungz0g

I can't seem to figure out how to embed it into the post. Link takes you to animoto.com
    Nice work!!

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

Thanks Andrew! I'll hopefully have a blog post up in the next couple of days to highlight some other photos, but overall I'm pretty happy with the way these came out.
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

UPDATE: 580 EXII has been sold.
    Last edited by JustSomeDude; Sun Mar 11th, 2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: item sold

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Found a new spot.

DSC_9358 by WICKed Photos, on Flickr
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Ryan01 by WICKed Photos, on Flickr
    DSC_9425 by WICKed Photos, on Flickr
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Love the red brick!!!! Must know where it at !

"Don't hate me because I'm Beautiful, hate me because I'm better than you, better yet, hate me because I'm fuckin bad ass!!!"

Sweet pics wick
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

"Don't hate me because I'm Beautiful, hate me because I'm better than you, better yet, hate me because I'm fuckin bad ass!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cat118! View Post
    Love the red brick!!!! Must know where it at !
    Brick is white.

Red is gel, or balancing.

Sweet shot regardless.

Took another trip to the broadway wall and to my suprise the guy who painted it was there and JUST finished as we pulled in.

Snapped a few of my friend an her R6

-K7 GSXR 1000-
    Few goodies here and there
    10.03 @ 147 1.74 60'

Wow, cool shots! I love that HDR effect. What camera? Much post-processing?
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Wow, cool shots! I love that HDR effect. What camera? Much post-processing?
    Thanks bro!

Cam was a Cannon 350D w/ a 18-55 lens

Not to much, just used Photomatix to compile 5 different exposures on each (that are HDR) and lightroom to do a LITTLE editing. Still learning (VERY VERY new to photography) so im trying to edit as little as possible to get desired effect.
    -K7 GSXR 1000-
    10.03 @ 147 1.74 60'

Just went through all 26 pages of this finally, amazing stuff everyone!

Deadline, I have to say, I've added ALL yours to my screensave, so impressive. One of my favorites is that cat with blue eyes, wow.

I have T2i that I haven't even scratched the surface with, only have the kit lens. I need to find some of my better shots and post 'em up. NO post-processing other than cropping and re-sizing though. That's a whole 'nother world to learn. Can't wait to get my 100mm Macro lens to really play with close-up nature shots, stuff like that spectacular NatGeo dragonfly.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Matheo's shots were taken before the disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Matheo's shots were taken before the disaster.

-K7 GSXR 1000-
    10.03 @ 147 1.74 60'

What disaster?
    -Mick-
    1990 White/Black Eagle Talon TSi: The "Caged" cage.. 792hp/623tq- 9.98@144.77mph
    2008 Yamaha R1 Raven: 10.7@134 - DNA race air filter, Gutted cats and modded factory cans, -2 front sprocket!
    2007 Yellow/Grey GSXR1000: 11.24@143.4mph- Stolen... Me sad panda...

I'm giving away a free 12x18 Shane Turpin print to fans of my Facebook page today!

Get on it!! •••••••••••► https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6009784&type=1

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by MilkMan View Post
    What disaster?
    -Mick-
    Some stupid fuck backed into his and his friends bike's, dropped hers to the ground and fucked up the front end of his.

Wow, that sucks! Hopefully the idiot's insurance is paying for it. Did the cops give him a ticket?