Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sunday Dec. 8th - 17th Annual Harley-Davidson Toy Run

Re: FC Bunch got XTRA TOYS

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja
    :!: The Fort Collins bunch has xtra toys if anybody wants to help haul them to the Children's Hospital. :!:
    Considering the cuase, I think there'll be a few of us that would be more than happy to help you haul your extra toys to the Children's!
    Whatever happened with this?
    I just figured they were going to bring everything and we'd sort it out once we were all together.

:!: The Fort Collins bunch has xtra toys if anybody wants to help haul them to the Children's Hospital. :!:
    Considering the cuase, I think there'll be a few of us that would be more than happy to help you haul your extra toys to the Children's!
    Whatever happened with this?
    I just figured they were going to bring everything and we'd sort it out once we were all together.

Are they meeting us at Panera's or Aspen Grove?
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighGSXR
    Are they meeting us at Panera's or Aspen Grove?
    I thought they were meeting us at Panera's - that's what I suggested on the calendar page - but it wasn't discussed.

Well... looks like I don't have a ride at all now... I'd change my mind about riding my own bike... but as usual... that's a long story...

I will still show up to take some pics though... so I'll see ya'll in the morning.

*Awesome ride*!! Thanks to everyone who showed up, it was a great time! Even the cops liked the wheelies... heh.

Next year, we could just meet up at the Panera Bread at the staging area... :mrgreen:

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce
    yeah it seemed real safe last year 'cept for me and barn riding wheelies the whole time!!!

Bryce Random racing MRA#418
    Don't think you'll have to worry about that this year. :mrgreen:
    How wrong you are Ralph!! =)
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Good seeing everybody out there, representing the cold-weather/hard core riders.

And a special thanks again to Harry for the Zook to ride and the return on the FZ1!!

Damn I miss my bike!...

See you boys this spring on something new!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by -Barn-
    yeah it seemed real safe last year 'cept for me and barn riding wheelies the whole time!!!

How wrong you are Ralph!! =)
    Hahaha yeah, I should have waited to say that until I found out if you were getting a ride for the day or not. Somehow I shoiuld have known what would happen if you got on a bike today... Er, after you get out of the parking lot that is.

I swear - I didn't plan on pulling so many wheelies - honest!!!!!!
    <- actually, this looks more like Barn on the DRZ with its springy suspension

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT SHOWED UP - IT WAS GREAT TO SEE YOU ALL BRIGHT & EARLY DESPITE THE FRIGID TEMPERATURES!!!!

wow what a great ride thanx for the good time couldnt have asked for a better day wheelies i cant do those my bike doenst have the power to do those andits against the law :P

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerjarhead
    wow what a great ride thanx for the good time couldnt have asked for a better day wheelies i cant do those my bike doenst have the power to do those andits against the law :P
    The cops didn't seem to mind so much... :mrgreen: Even the bike cop yelling at Bob had a big grin on his face. You should come out for the St Patty's day parade, I think last year the cops just told us to be careful and not hit any people, one might have even offered to come do a wheelie (on our bikes of course) if I recall.

Oh and the trailer full of drunk college chicks was nice... :wink:

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    Well, sounds like you guys had fun busting wheelies and what not. I stayed up a bit too late with the Christmas party, I don't think I got to bed until like 5AM Sunday morning!
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

I overheard Vinnie say that next year the toy drop zone will be @ the Pepsi Center which will improve the jam once everyone reaches the hospital. Don't know if they'll bring some kids to the "Can" or not.

We did have a nice turn out from the CSC!! Which is very cool. I mean, obviously you'll always have the Harley crowd, but notice how you did not see a bunch of Concours's or Beemers riding as a group.

Spidey was entertaining not only the crowd, but also the Harley riders!!
    Joe? too stunting on his dual sport!

Sway was entertaining some of the MC cops!! :wink: there was this one particular moto officer that was looking like a bad arse and then he saw Sway. You would'a thought she was a Krispy Kream truck
    Way to ride that gas tank too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Biker
    there was this one particular moto officer that was looking like a bad arse and then he saw Sway. You would'a thought she was a Krispy Kream truck
    HAHAHA I almost just sprayed my beverage when I read that!

You know that's right Harry, I saw other types of bikes but they were all riding in ones/twos, none in a big group. Definitely awesome that we could represent the club en masse! Next year we gotta find a different place to eat afterwards tho, apparently the wynkoop doesn't like to accept biker money. (I thought cash is cash, but I guess I'm wrong!)

I kind of missed seeing all the kids lined up in that room, it was just a cool end to the trip last year. Were they there and I just missed it? Pepsi Center makes more sense at this point, I mean it's not quite the same but logistically it has to really disrupt things at the hospital to have bikes and bikers going through there for so long.

Board Newbie
    Great ride! I'm glad that we got to help out a good cause!

I saw the kids. The # seemed down from last year-which hopefully is a good thing. There was this one littel girl sitting in a wagon who grabbed a teddy bear @ least as big as she!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Biker
    I saw the kids. The # seemed down from last year-which hopefully is a good thing. There was this one littel girl sitting in a wagon who grabbed a teddy bear @ least as big as she!
    Very cool!

Pictures? When can we expect some pics? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rue
    I will email them to Bob to post on the site. If there is a way to attach pics to this forum, I can put some out here today (my site is running outta space!) Ralph?
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighGSXR
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue
    I will email them to Bob to post on the site. If there is a way to attach pics to this forum, I can put some out here today (my site is running outta space!) Ralph?
    Can't attach pics here just yet...

Spidey will need to put them up.