Thread: Ron Paul On TSA Groping

Re: Ron Paul On TSA Groping

+2 internets
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    follow the money. Politicians and Corporations win again.
    They should win a free fat cock in the ass for this kinda crap...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    ^^Let's go one step further, since dogs can smell fear, why not just train 'em to smell crazy?

Oh yeah...I guess there wouldn't be any chicks on the flight then...
    (sorry, I couldn't resist)
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

I refuse to fly. The terrorists have already won.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    What call? I thought they were doing this to everyone?
    What scanning room? They do the pat-down in front out in the middle of security, in front of everybody... did you see the pics in the above article? (Tho you can request a private pat-down. ) I'm all for stripping naked for the search too!
    I found my new flying outfit. Look, I even have my shoes in my hand ready for putting in the little boxie woxie. Go ahead and pat me down.
    1989 Honda Hawk,2005 crf250x supermoto

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser

for as much rage as this clearly incites in me, I think those that get it worst are the tsa minions who have absolutely no control over the policy, make minimum wage plus tips, and who have to pat down Fatty McWheelchair's 19 backtitty folds, most of which haven't seen daylight or soap since the Nixon administration.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Resident Hater Site Admin Canuck's Avatar

I don't feel sorry for them. People who don't like their working conditions should stand up and UNITE. The French are perfect examples. They strike and protest all the time. This society, however, has lost most of it's backbone.
    RIP Gene. You are a good friend that will be missed. I'm Gene Bazyl Bitch!!

The French are perfect examples. They strike and protest all the time. This society, however, has lost most of it's backbone.
    I get REALLY worried about your mental health when you start pointing to the French as examples of "backbone..."
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

You should read up on your history Chris.

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

I don't feel sorry for them. People who don't like their working conditions should stand up and UNITE. The French are perfect examples. They strike and protest all the time. This society, however, has lost most of it's backbone.
    I fail to see how them unionizing is going to make the process that much more efficient, effective or enjoyable for the flying public. French protesting a raise in the retirement age, or British students sacking an office building because they might actually have to PAY for something, or Greeks getting bitchy about pay cuts from a bankrupt government all just smack of an entitlement mentality. And that is the problem, not lack of backbone.

But then again, let's see them unionize and then I'd like to hear how much better your experience will be...
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

TSA guy on right... "I'd like to pat him down."

Now, pretend you're Bullwinkle...

You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around....

Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

It's not about 'Unionizing' in the modern sense. It is about standing up for what isn't wanted by the populace. I know you are trying to get off topic, but the French protests were about raising the retirement age to 62. That is a great idea Let's make it harder for younger workers to obtain a job, when they are competing against an older work force in an environment that has limited jobs available.
    Here is a novel idea, let the older workers retire earlier (if they so choose) and that gives openings to more of the younger workers who would contribute more into the pension system.

Way to ruin the thread with substance, asshats...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

It's not about 'Unionizing' in the modern sense. It is about standing up for what isn't wanted by the populace.
    Yeah, uh... huh? Who is standing up to what?

I know you are trying to get off topic, but the French protests were about raising the retirement age to 62. That is a great idea Let's make it harder for younger workers to obtain a job, when they are competing against an older work force in an environment that has limited jobs available.
    Oh holy fuck NOT 62!!!!! If there was ever a reason to go into the streets and shut a country down, there it is /sarcasm

Why are there limited jobs Jason? Could it be BECAUSE of the unions? It is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to fire someone in France/Europe. Unions have such a strangle hold on the economies over there that ANY change that is necessary, reasonable (every country surrounding France has retirement ages in excess of 62) and moderate is met with violent (add self-righteous, self-indulgent, masturbatory) protests. Sounds just like what America needs...

Here is a novel idea, let the older workers retire earlier (if they so choose) and that gives openings to more of the younger workers who would contribute more into the pension system.
    Perpetuating the ponzi scheme that are government retirement plans. Awesome. That shouldn't blow up in our faces..oh wait.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

If you are a Muslim woman, you get extra rights we pork eating, white-infidels just aren't special enough to get....

http://www.cair.com/ArticleDetails.a...=n&&currPage=1

Now if you're a nun, god help ya, 'cause you can't get groped all day long

Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

guess I'll just have to start shaving and wearing the nice underwear in case I get lucky at security screening

PM me for pics? :P

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    The next time I fly, I'm going to wear a kilt. Commando. Let's see the chick in the hijab deal with THAT!
    http://theoatmeal.com/blog/utilikilt

Hmmmm Anyone else have the idea to bring an iPod or something for some strip club music and do a strip tease for them?
    And it says we have the right to receive patdowns by TSA officials of the same sex, can we request them done by officials of the opposite sex???

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyPuzzle View Post
    Now I have that f'n picture stuck in my heads.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    I get REALLY worried about your mental health when you start pointing to the French as examples of "backbone..."
    I get where he's coming from with this. The French love to protest, and one of their favorite things to do while protesting is not pick trash up off the streets, so it's visible to everyone.

I think the issue here though IS backbone, and fear. See, in most European countries, especially ones like France, the Government fears the people. If the Government pisses people off, not only do people strike, but they get violent, riot, burn things down, etc. Just look at Italy.

The problem we have in America is that our people are afraid of the Government, and not the other way around. We'd rather just bend over and take it, and vent on the interwebs than stand up and strike about it. The only ones who really get up and complain about these things tend to be minority groups. Just look at the whole Medal of Honor game issue that just came up. Those weren't video gamers, or even Soldiers, complaining about the fact that you can play against U.S. Force in a WAR SIMULATION, but before the Government had a chance to act, the game creators edited the game.

In America, people whine about "insensitivity" which leads to new laws and lawsuits, and a lot of complaining. And now, it leads to being sexually exploited and molested at airports, even for the PILOTS OF THE DAMN AIRPLANES. The 9/11 Hijackers didn't use bombs, they used box cutters, and they probably could have pulled the damn thing off with pencils, since your typical American doesn't have the balls to stand up deal with something like that.

The terrorists have already won, and so has George Bush. We now live in a state of perpetual fear, and as a people are no longer free. If this were Italy, people would be burning down airports and in France NOBODY would fly or even go to work at the Airports. In America, we just bend over and tell everybody "It's for the Greater Good."

/rant
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR

Actually, not quite done ranting yet.

The 9/11 attacks were terrible, don't get me wrong. But imagine if just ONE PERSON on the plane, even if it were a decorated, trusted Officer, U.S. Marshall, undercover TSA officer, SOMETHING, had a gun, the whole thing could have been averted. But we're so afraid of guns, etc these days that it'll never happen. Better to sit down and be a victim than be proactive about it.

This whole thing really just blows my mind. Even as a Uniformed member of the United States Armed Forces, while flying WITH FIREARMS IN MY POSSESSION, they still subject us to the same shit. The ONLY benefit we get is that we don't have to take our boots off "at the TSA's discretion." What this literally means is that I can fly with an ASSAULT RIFLE and pistol in my possession, but I have to surrender a pocket knife?

The only ones who don't have to deal with this are lawmakers. Congressmen and Senators, and obviously the President don't have to subject themselves to this screening, and I bet you anything you won't find Angelina Jolie or someone else along those lines being run through those scanners or groped by some fat, butch, short-cropped female TSA officer. Nuns will get groped though, and so will you. Oh, but Muslim women are also allowed "special provisions."

I hope you're happy America, because you did this to yourself.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR

i'd much rather be groped, than blasted with radiation. of course i'd much rather not be subjected to either.

honestly, all the further and further extreme pat downs seem like little more than a way to discourage people from opting out of the scanners. i could give a crap if someone sees me naked, but i'm not going to let them bully me into jeopardizing my health. i have always opted for the groping. i've never gone through one of those scanners, and i'm never going to.

tsa can burn in hell as far as i'm concerned, bunch of glorified mall cops.

you know, the whole "it's my job, it's not me" line of thought only means so much. same with the fact that they need to work. they chose to take a job with tsa, and there is some responsibility to be taken for that decision. reminds me of a lot of upstanding german citizens in the 1940's, as extreme a comparison as that is.
    Excessively long poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post

The terrorists have already won, and so has George Bush. We now live in a state of perpetual fear, and as a people are no longer free. If this were Italy, people would be burning down airports and in France NOBODY would fly or even go to work at the Airports. In America, we just bend over and tell everybody "It's for the Greater Good."

/rant
    AbsoFuckingLutley!

The fear mongering is kept alive to keep the war profiteering in high gear.

3000 thousand people is a terrible tragedy, 6000+ service personnel and countless civilian casualties in response is a crime against humanity. Why do these idiots think they will ever stop terrorism by throwing billions of dollars at it for ineffective strategies. All we do is breed more terrorists, for every one we kill 5 more pop up to avenge their deaths. We are invading their countries for fucks sake! What would anyone here do if they invaded us? Get the fuck out of their business and let them go back to killing each other and give me my freedoms back!

I flew out to DC yesterday and was chosen for the random testing. After declining the scanner I was grouped by one of the security guards. I've done a fair amount of traveling and have even been patted down before, but this was not the same. There techniques are much more personal and go to far. It was actually pretty degrading. I understand taking safety measures, and respect that, but don't agree with what they are doing.