Thread: Bashed - you busted yer knee?!

Bashed - you busted yer knee?!

What happened?
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Re: Bashed - you busted yer knee?!

I typed "busted knee" into a google image search and like half the results were pictures of Justin Bieber...
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

Ergo, Bashed = Justin Bieber.

Quote Originally Posted by Mental View Post
    What happened?
    He was trying to follow me again. I keep telling him to ride his own ride, but he still tries to hang with the youngsters...........

There's no place like home............

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter t_jolt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dallas View Post
    He was trying to follow me again. I keep telling him to ride his own ride, but he still tries to hang with the youngsters...........
    i think i just pee'd a little
    Mitsujagvettecedes 1000RXTS GTR

Hand built by Jerry Garcia, Dan Gurney, Chuck Norris and Duntov's ghost. GT97 turbo,
    8WD, berilium pistons, titanium rods, unobtanium crank. Block forged from the dead souls of Mongol warriors. Depleted Uranium Dog box, Flubber tires, and stage 87 axles.

-1.07 @5.7c

Quote Originally Posted by dallas View Post

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Mental,
    It not the years, it's the milage. As I have lived the life of motorcycle enthusist, and have enjoyed motorcycling for the better part of 40 frickin years, it is catching up with me. Yes people, motorcycle's are inheirantly dangerous. Riding motorcycle's is dangerous. There, I said it. Not being wrapped in a cocoon of steel like in a car, one is subjected to all manners of harm. Gravity can be a friend, holding one closly to terra firma, thru phyisics and friction we all get to enjoy one of humanities greatest thrill rides. But, alas, sometimes the gravitational pull far exceeds the skill level of said motorcyclist, or fate intervenes to yank the e-ticket's holders firm grasp on reality. So there I am, back in surgery, to patch back up once again, a tattered body. 4 quick weeks and I will be back in the saddle. Rumor has it Copper Canyon in January. With me, one never really knows, other than I will be riding, somewhere, to some place, till the day I die. Which will be fine with me, because it really is worth it.

PS,
    Dallas ,who was a ground magnet the last time we rode? As I recall, I patched at least two seperate items on your bike to stop nessecary fluids from leaking on your bike to make it back home.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Sorry to hear Basher, hope to see you soon!
    Elden (The Superchink) MRA #415 / AFM #102

Do you want to take your riding to the next level?
    http://chicanetrackdays.com/

Unique Track Day event to benefit children!!!
    http://www.racing2savelives.org/

Get well and heal up soon Mr. Bash
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post
    PS,
    Dallas ,who was a ground magnet the last time we rode? As I recall, I patched at least two seperate items on your bike to stop nessecary fluids from leaking on your bike to make it back home.
    When you ride as hard as I do, sometimes it is necessary to perform crucial maintenance on the fly just to keep going. (but then again, when you crash like I do, it is good to ride with people like Bash and Scott. They get you home no matter what)

There's no place like home............

You kids still fallin down?,,,man that learning curve sure hurts!!! Get fixed up real good so you can ride to break some more parts.....and have a blast doing it..... I wanna ride I wanna ride....got my eye on a 125cc monster honda down here,,,,will post up some pic's if I get her....

Johnny, my friend! Long time, no talk. How are things in Brasil?

If he's eyeing a 125 I would say considerably slower. lol
    Shouldn't you be following the Dakar soon in your neck of the woods, Johnny?
    Now that's the race! Good to hear you are still lurking about here in our little slice of internet heaven. Keep in touch.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Hi guys! yes still lerking around. Things are good down here. Prime beach time is just about to happen and the eye candy is everywhere! You don't have to go to the beach, the local food store about 4pm is really a good place to see some amazing things fresh from the beach. The bikes here are really expensive! My used GSXR1k would fetch about $25k. I couldn't import it because it"s more than a year old and it's not worth paying the 130% taxes and fees (not including shipping) to bring here, the roads are mostly made out of stones the size of small loaves of bread. In other words,,,really bumpy!!! A motocross bike would be best. I prefer to walk or take a taxi. I've been in and out of Colorado a few times this year, but never saw a bike night to come to. Yes, a 125cc honda is the most popular ride down here, but in the big cities you see it all. The motorcycle riders here have no fear! the split lanes no matter what is going on or type of street. I guess a good many of them die every year, but they make the worst of our transgresions look like perfect behavior, really! I'm always saying omg that guy almost got hit!! they don't often stop at lights or stop signs, just take a quick look and go. Also there are speed bumps everywhere and some not marked, I launched a rental car off one and saw a shower of sparks in the mirrors,,ooops, but nothing happened to the car. Well, i need to come back in Feb. so lets do a bike night. I'll post something when I know the date. As always been missing all you guys and hope this year we can do some rides as i will be back for the summer time. Which means I'm going to have to score a bike, sold the GSXR1k, but really gave it away!!! I tried to call off the sale. but was too late...stupid me! Well, they made a lot more, so I'll be shopping.
    Take care all, I expect to see some healthy bodies when I return.

Mental,
    It not the years, it's the milage. As I have lived the life of motorcycle enthusist, and have enjoyed motorcycling for the better part of 40 frickin years, it is catching up with me. Yes people, motorcycle's are inheirantly dangerous. Riding motorcycle's is dangerous. There, I said it. Not being wrapped in a cocoon of steel like in a car, one is subjected to all manners of harm. Gravity can be a friend, holding one closly to terra firma, thru phyisics and friction we all get to enjoy one of humanities greatest thrill rides. But, alas, sometimes the gravitational pull far exceeds the skill level of said motorcyclist, or fate intervenes to yank the e-ticket's holders firm grasp on reality. So there I am, back in surgery, to patch back up once again, a tattered body. 4 quick weeks and I will be back in the saddle. Rumor has it Copper Canyon in January. With me, one never really knows, other than I will be riding, somewhere, to some place, till the day I die. Which will be fine with me, because it really is worth it.

PS,
    Meh, ships that stay in port get covered in barnacles. Bones heal, chicks dig scars.

Glad you're still sticking with it. You are the wind beneath my wings, the tarmac beneath my tires.

Love to Copper Canyon, but alas, Unky Sam has made the decision I can go there until they settle that little drug problem.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Quote Originally Posted by Mental View Post
    Meh, ships that stay in port get covered in barnacles. Bones heal, chicks dig scars.

Glad you're still sticking with it. You are the wind beneath my wings, the tarmac beneath my tires.

Love to Copper Canyon, but alas, Unky Sam has made the decision I can go there until they settle that little drug problem.
    What drug problem ???
    They make/grow and distribute drugs, no problem. The problem comes when somebody wants to either;
    A) regulate them
    B) in on the action
    C) more of the action
    D) out of the action

I'm probably going back down next month with Yamacati Bob to scoot around a bit in the KLR's. Might do Copper Canyon, Baja, or a combination. It will really depend on the weather and our tolerance to cold more than anything.

You really need to convince your Unky, (the government) to spend a little cash on some recon missions to the area so they might get some realworld current analysis. A couple million should cover me and a squad for a couple months. Hell, I would even take pictures if they wanted. Good to hear from you, Wendall was talking about dragging the campers out to Miller the end of May for some race watching. We will have room to fit you in if you want.
    Later Basher

...Wendall was talking about dragging the campers out to Miller the end of May for some race watching. We will have room to fit you in if you want.
    Later Basher
    If I am stateside, you are on.