Quote Originally Posted by GuitarX View Post
To be honest I'm not sure how much difference I feel. Losing unsprung weight (wheels, tires, etc.) is a lot more noticeable than sprung weight. Plus I changed the battery in the MV before I got much riding in on it so I don't have anything to compare it to. I do feel like I noticed it a little in the Triumph though.

As far as exhaust, I'd say make the change for the opposite reason you stated. Do it for the weight loss instead of a power gain. Most exhaust systems add only a couple horsepower but can take off as much as 20 lbs (or more?)! You'll never feel a couple extra hp as it's usually up high in the rev range anyway. You WILL feel a 20 lb weight loss.
I like that the battery is smaller, as well as lighter, making it easier to move it closer to the roll center of a racebike, so that's a nice advantage as well. Yep, it'd be nice to remove it from the wheels to lose both unsprung and rotating weight, but that's big $$ even if it's more effective.

For the pipe, I can get the full-race Yosh stainless header for under $500, and I'd plan to redesign the existing can so I have the EPA markings for stealth, and just have a mid-pipe made. From the Yosh dyno graph, it would make about 14 more hp and maybe about 4lb-ft more power, across a pretty wide area. So, to me, that'd be worth it, and it'd probably shed maybe 2-3lbs, so that's be another (minimal) enhancement.

But, if people get a solid 4-5 years out of those new batteries, I might give that a try, we'll have to see. Please keep us posted Rybo and Gary!