Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CO Powersports Denver (Updated)

CO Powersports Denver (Updated)

I cant harldy believe it. Once again they have been unable to complete a simple task. Im goin to try and keep my rant short. I take my bike in for its Service to be done. I called in advance and set up an appointment. I verified on the phone if I dropped it off the night before my appoint can they get it done today by 1pm. Swore up and down it should be no problem. The schedule is empty U will be 1st up in the morn. Great. So I take it in as planned and check in. The dude takes my info and I verify once again. THIS BIKE HAS TO BE DONE BY 1 PM tomorrow. He writes on my check in 12 pm so I will be assured it is done by 1pm. To this point Im ok.
    Today I walk in at 115pm and I have a bad feeling for some reason. (Perhaps the past let downs I have had with them) Anyway, I give the man my name and he says to me with a confused look " Did we call U and say it was done"? I said no U promised me several times it would be done by 1pm. Uhh uhh calls a tech in. "Oh we havent even started yet" Duh WTF cowboy, if U open at 10 am and I am 1st up, how the hell have U not started yet. "Oh well we did an R6 first and it took a whille." No Sh*t A Hole. Well can you bring it in tomorrow? NO I cant, I took off work to come down here and get this at the time U promised me. Oh well they didnt tell us it needed to be done by 1pm. (It says right on the check in paper attached to the bike 12pm pick up moron) How can U miss understand? So again I have to go back down and deal with them to serv my bike. Im terrified that these dip wads cant get an appointment right how are they qualified to be working on my bike?
    Ugggg Before U tell me to go elsewhere, I have their serv contract and I cant go anywhere else. Damn thing was a fortune so I have to get my money out of it. To bad its 10 X's the value in trouble to get it done and done right. AS of this point I will never give these people another dime nor will I ever advise anyone to go there. The prices are to freeken high anyway. I have lots more but Ill let it be now. Please do your self a favor and do not go there for any thing U value to have done and done right.
    R6-Forum's June 2010 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:
    Rief Resources Media/Rebellion Motorsports /
    Lockhart Phillips / Factory Backing / GoPro Camera

What a load of BS! Sucks you have to go back... What are you having done anyway? Just curious.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar
    BlueDevil wrote:

Im terrified that these dip wads cant get an appointment right how are they qualified to be working on my bike?

You have a valid point here! My feelings about this bunch are well documented through out this site. Hope you can live out the rest of your "deal" with them.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

8K service. Thats all I will have done there due to my Serv Contract I got at a steeeeeell of a price. Otherwise I dont buy aything, nor will I ever have serv done there again. Back in 00 I had them put some flushies on cause I didnt have the tools to drill out the fairing. They slid the dremel down the side of my brand new 00 R1 at the time and then finished and left it that way. They said if I want to take it myself to Boulder they would paint it. (Had the bike like 2 weeks) I said hell no U bought me a new side fairing. I had to fight for a week or so but sure enough I got a new fairing. Never did get those damn flushies on that bike. Traded it anyway for the 02. Stupid me went there again. Bought the 02 cause they got it in 2 weeks everyone else in town was 4 weeks+.
    Trust me lesson learned the hard way.

Buddy of mine got an oil change there. He started it up and it was loud as well. Looked in the window and OUCH!! No oil! Not a drop!

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:

Damm! An oil change with no oil, lucky he didn't ride anywhere on it!!! That has to be one of the worst things I have heard done!! How stupid are those people?

Yeah there is tons more. haha

When I was there on my fairing ordeal they had a guy in front of me picking up a bike. He was complaining cause they forgot all the bolts on one side when putting the fairing back on. It was all hangin there wobblin. haha

I was chattin with a sales guy there once and he told me he was moving some bikes around a while back and tipped a Warrior over against another bike and dropped 3 new bikes on the ground & into a desk. Ahh to buy a new bike that has already been dropped and repaired huh? uggg

Scares the heck out of me.

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.
    BlueDevil (and apparently the plethora of others who have had bad experiences with these guys)...

Have you considered lodging your experiences into a filing with the BBB (Better Business Bureau)??? Maybe giving good old Mr. Tom Martino and his consumer advocate attack dogs a call? Sounds like these guys need a good old fashioned bitch-slap up 'side of the head.
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

U know I considered that. I used the BBB with my home builder and had great success. If they screw up for any reason today Ill log a complaint with the BBB and see what happens.

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:

**UPDATE**

Ok update time.

Phone rings 245pm ish (dropped it off at 11am)

"Uhh this is X from CO Powersports, Did U leave your key with us?"

"Yes I left it at check in with X"

"Oh well its turned up missing, Ill look around for it."

Oh my GOD U all how can this be so bad? How can a comp be this horrible? I hope they find it cause I dont have another one. If that happens I cant tell how bad Im gonna reem some A$$. Manager up to owner will have to medicate their A$$ when Im done kickin it!!!

Im starting to fear for my life when I get back on that bike. These people are working on my baby. OMG!!!!
    Anyone out there know enough about bikes to look over the things that get done in a service to make sure its done right? I dont want to die!!!!!

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:

Final standings

Ill try to stay brief.

I had no call back so I assumed they got my key and did the work. I went in at 530pm as they told me to do. Just for kicks I walked back to wear I parked it to see if it was moved at all. Low and behold its in the same exact spot and the gas tank assembly is gone!!!

Strorming in there trying to keep my head about me. The guy (N***) tells me "Oh we have a lock smith workin on it." We never found it so we had to rekey it. " (Got to keep the same keys but new ones)
    While this guy is working on my keys, N**** is playing MR apologetic and trying to ask what he can do to keep my biz. He swears he will keep someone overtime to finish it tonight by 9pm. I said U close at 6pm? He said I know Ill get it done.

My reply: Do U think I want some guy U just gave 3 hrs of OT on his Friday night, to work on my bike? I dont want work done in a hurry!!!

He says Ill get K***** our R1 tech to do it.
    **Funny thing is I remembered that name from my last ordeal. Oh yeah I remember him, the one that slid a dremel down the side of my 2 week old bike when installin my flushies. NO WAY!!!!!!

He says ok leave it here and Ill have it done by 1030am. I replied Ill think it over.

Ok well if there is anything I can do to make it up to you let me know.
    (MMMMMM A nice new Edwards rep ARAI for free sounds like it should do)

Anyway, He finished my bike and gave me my keys. I loaded up in my truck and got the hell out of there. I will never go there again. Now I have to pray to GOD Boulder store is better. Otherwise I have a service contract that isnt worh sh*t. Oh and yes I will have to take more time off work to take it out there. Bastids!!!!

For those of U who followed the story........Yes I left again !!!!! No service done yet! A what should be routine 8K service to them made them out to be the biggest idiots I have ever met.

Boy do I feel like an jerk. Sure wish I could take back my 26K+ I have given them in the past few years in bikes and parts!!! And whoa the 04 R1 was due out soon. Damn!!! Who else in town should I give my 10K to? haha

Thanks for listening. I hope U hear my warnings and pleas not to go there.

*PS there is more but Ill let it be with the short versions.

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:

Wow. I mean one mistake, ok I can understand that. But, ... Wow.

I dunno what all you were having done at your 8k, but if it's just an oil change, new plugs, and retorque everything/check everything, you can do that yourself with a torque wrench.

I took my superchicken in for it's 600mi service after I bought it, but otherwise I've done everything on it myself. Looks great, runs great, and I know a lot more about it this way.

I have the service manual and a couple buddies want to put together a wrench session. So we are going to handle it. Got the head bearings done already, just oil, filter changes, etc I can handle. I just feel bad doing stuff I paid to have done with the serv contract. Im trying through the BBB to get the money back for the serv contract that has no value to me. haha

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil
    I have the service manual and a couple buddies want to put together a wrench session. So we are going to handle it. Got the head bearings done already, just oil, filter changes, etc I can handle. I just feel bad doing stuff I paid to have done with the serv contract. Im trying through the BBB to get the money back for the serv contract that has no value to me. haha
    Screw the BBB on this one --- I would advise you call Tom Martino's show (send him an e-mail accounting your entire history with them) and get his attack dogs on them. The BBB isn't known as a consumer advocate group, just a consumer information resource.
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

All I can say is....

I am SOOOO glad I went out of town to get my R6. I almost bought from CO Powersports because they were the closest; after reading your ordeal, I don't think I will so much as buy a set of earplugs from them. (as if they even stocked something that functional)

CO Powersports

Don't get your hopes up with the CO Powersports Boulder either, at least not the northern one at 55th/Pearl. Here are my experiences.

New tire mount on the R1 - Same deal as Dion. Called ahead. Dropped off the tires the day before that I got from DMT. I get there as they open. On the way down there my oil light flickered on and then off, so I asked them to check the oil while it was in. I pace and sit and look back at the service area several times to see that the bike hasn't moved during the first hour. 3 hours later I finally have tires mounted. They give me a $10 discount and apologize for the extended wait.

I pay and get ready to ride off, when I decide to ask the tech about the oil light. He says, "Yeah, it was low". So, I ask, "what oil did you put in?". Oh, I didn't ask them to put any in, or apparently even tell me if it was low. Just checked it, saw it was low and said nothing. So then he asks, "Did you want me to put some in?" Duh! Please! He says he didn't add any because he thought that maybe I was going to take it home and change the oil. HUH?? WTF?

New tires and tighten the steering head bearings on my wife's Seca II - call days ahead of time to schedule it as before. Nothing on the schedule, we open at 9:00, we'll get you in first thing. I get there just before 9:00. The steering seems loose to me and shimmys a little at 50 mph. I ask the opinion of the service manager. He agrees - they need to be tightened. Guess what? They don't start working at 9:00 on Fridays - it's "clean the shop day" before any other work gets started. Same deal. I pace around the parts area, sales area, and 45 minutes later, the bike hasn't even been moved into the shop. They finally get it in there and I poke my head in two or three times to see if there is any progress being made. Finally, I'm told rather sternly to "wait up front, please!". I comply and talk to the service manager when he comes up. I explain my frustration with the time delay and both he and the service writer apologize profusely for the scheduling misunderstanding. Then he says that their spin balancer has been going out for a few weeks now and they had to run the wheels up the road to CO Powersports Boulder East.

2 1/2 hours later the bike is done. Steering seems as loose as ever to me. I ask the service tech about it. He says it's fine and quotes an 18 in/lbs torque setting for the lower nut. Hmmm, my manual (which unfortunately I don't have in front of me at the moment) says something considerably higher (like 328 in/lbs), but I don't find this out until I get home. Nothing appears that they ever did anything with the steering head bearings except charge me an additional $37.50. No evidence that anything was touched. Wouldn't have even had them look at it if it wasn't recommended by the service manager.

Things weren't much better when they were Boulder Yamaha. They had my WaveRunner and FZR600 for WEEKS at a time, trying to solve warranty problems, ordered wrong pistons and rings, etc.

My experiences have been less than successful with CO Powersports Boulder as well as Dion's at Denver. When I was looking for a used bike, they didn't even come out in the lot to greet me. I walked around for a minute or two, got in my car and left. When I said something about it to the CO Powersports Boulder East shop, they said they had heard several complaints about the sales staff at the other store. The guys at the Boulder East store have been very helpful, both in sales and parts, but that's the limited experience I have with them.

Maybe it's just inherent in most shops. Looks like it's time to start taking things to TFOG.

Dan
    Dan

'00 R1

Dan thanks for the words on Boulder. COme to think of it it took 2.5 hrs for them to put a mast link clip on a chain for a friend of mine once. I better just screw it. Ill do it myself. The onlky way to know everything that happens is if I do it myself. It scares the life out of me to know that there isnt better dealers out there than this.

Excel is not bad but they have guessed in the past on issues ans I had to pay for parts that were not needed to fix the prob. I guess there are to many punk kids working part time summer jobs at these places and I had to learn the hard way. (No offense intended to anyone who might work at a dealer and know what they are doing. I have just not met U yet. )

Got the ser manual and Il pick up my supplies this week. Thanks all for your contributions and listening to my stories.

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:

No actually Excel IS bad. Try vickery, people seem to really like them. Or even give Coyote a call, they're a brand new yamaha shop and based on posts here, seem to be a pretty good bunch of folks.

Vickery is REALLY far from me but I did buy an R6 in 99 from them and was happy with the serv I received. Worth a try in the future. Im just upset I bought a serv contract and cant use it!!!!!!

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:

Is it a Yamaha extended service thing, or a CPS deal? If it's Yamaha you might be able to convince them the shop you bought it from is useless and to let you go somewhere else.

Give Coyote a shot, they're not too far from Thornton (58th/I-25).

Nah its the CO Powersports serv plan. Ive been in Coyote just worried cause they R new. No track record yet U know? Plus I heard they took a lot of CO Powersports emplyees..... AHHHH Lets hope it was the good ones.

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:

From what was said about Coyote, it seems the people that went there did so because they were tired of other shops treating customers like crap and wanted to create an environment where that was not prevalent. They are new, however so far they have taken an active role in this forum (John has anyway), and when one of our members had an issue it was taken care of quickly and openly. Just based on that, I'd say that even if they don't do it perfect, they would likely correct it to your satisfaction in a timely fashion... They are new though, you are right. It's your call, but if it were me I'd probably trust my bike with them enough to at least give it a shot. Jmetz had a problem with them, but they earned a second chance in my book in the way it was handled.

Yes I read that post on his issue. I agree with the resolution also. I talk to Dirran there quite a bit and he seems like a good guy also. I will look into that.

Thanks
    D

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:

Come down and talk to Darrin or myself and we can introduce you to everyone in the service dept. You can make up your own mind from there.

John

Thanks I will. I met Will a time or 2 when I was in before. U were just open and still setting up. Ill make it a point to get in there soon.

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors: