Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: speed on speeders

Re: speed on speeders

i got a red light ticket in boulder in my old companys semi truck and trailer... it was 2 am and i was sliding thru the intersection since it was pure ice lol, but i told my boss that if i tried harder to stop, i might have mowed someone over, so the company paid it lol
    -Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)

I would still do it if I had a street bike. If I was on the race bike I wouldn't bother with the wheelie since it doesn't have a plate.

Quote Originally Posted by 60pan View Post

you wont lose your DL but dealing with a fkng collection agency could be worse

I wonder how that is suppose to work. All you do by law is ask the collection company to provide prove that this is your debt. What proof do they have? A picture of a vehicle but not detailed enough to know who was driving...sorry it simply is not my debt....and they can not report it to the credit bureaus as they be in violation of the law. And falsely reporting information can open then up to be sued for big bucks if you show it affected your ability to get a loan. No proof it is YOUR debt, so they have no grounds to stand on.

I would gladly deal with collections, maybe I make some serious bucks when I sue them. Maybe the vehicle in question was for sale and it was a test driver checking it out *shrug* Or a friend visiting, using the vehicle. I'm not sure who would pay the $40....I know I would not if it did not show ME as the driver.

I’m thinking they will hold your tag renewal hostage til you pay up.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Scers sidekick... PuhRobin Yearly Supporter Foolds's Avatar

Wonder What they would do If you walked over and stood on the Sidewalk right infront of there camera equipment, Blocking there view for a while?

Any Laws against it?

Quote Originally Posted by Foolds View Post
    Wonder What they would do If you walked over and stood on the Sidewalk right infront of there camera equipment, Blocking there view for a while?

Any Laws against it?

Or better yet pull up right behind the van and put your hazard lights on. Be like bummer i broke down right behind you.
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

Quote Originally Posted by hcr25 View Post
    Or better yet pull up right behind the van and put your hazard lights on. Be like bummer i broke down right behind you.
    hmm that might be funny to see, might see if my old work will let me borrow a semi and i will "break down" behind it to see what would happen..
    -Eugene-

and modette bring that adv tag back here
    peaces
    I would but its damn cold out now and Skyline Dr is a little far away. It slightly ticked me off that the Front Range rule was not followed and with the weather who knows how long it will be till it can be moved....maybe down there sooner.

Like I said its going to go to a real off road place if I get it...Big Bike ability is a debate...I've seen people do single tracks on KTM's 950's...LOL

As for the photo radar it is my understanding that unlike a parking ticket the Government has to provide proof it was YOU that did the speed. I have read article after article on how just showing to court will have the $40 fine dropped as there is NO proof. However how many people fight $40 fines that don't have any points attached to them.

Too many people just pay it because it is only $40 and no points. Its about making money, not controlling peoples speeds. The State knows 99.999% of the people will pay the fine, and and the few oddballs that do show to fight they drop it.

Companies send information to Collections all the time that have no proof of debt attached. A Collections company is not going to care, and again they know when people are hassled they will pay something to see the Collections go away.Just the idea that the City would send it to collections shows they want money, chances are the type of collections they are sending this debt to is one that buys debts. So they probably buy a block of these Citations, knowing they will make X amount so they give the city X amount...For $40 I would wager the City gets $10-$15 from the collection agency. If these were sure tickets, the city would be better in waiting to get the $40, or passing laws to MAKE people pay the $40.

Until laws change we do not operate like Europe. In Europe the Photo radar speeding ticket goes to the owner of the Vehicle. It is up to the owner to collect from his friend. In our country the speeding ticket goes to the one that did the crime, not the owner. So unless laws change they can ask for $40 all they want...good luck getting it.

As for with holding your tags, even if they did that how does that stop you? I simple go to TN or MI where there is a bunch of family and use my Parents address, or my Grandmothers, or an Aunts or Cousins to get a MI or TN plate. If then stopped in CO and I show a CO license and the cop says something...Hey I own more then one house this vehicle resides at such and such address and just happens to be here right now. The vehicle will be gone before the 30 day mark. I can plate a vehicle in every state if I have an address *shrug* I been thinking of doing this...paying $680 on the new Ford Edge for a plate sticker is stupid, TN it be like $100. So no I am never worried about CO holding a plate from me...LOL Nor a drivers license.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    As for the photo radar it is my understanding that unlike a parking ticket the Government has to provide proof it was YOU that did the speed. I have read article after article on how just showing to court will have the $40 fine dropped as there is NO proof. However how many people fight $40 fines that don't have any points attached to them.

Too many people just pay it because it is only $40 and no points. Its about making money, not controlling peoples speeds. The State knows 99.999% of the people will pay the fine, and and the few oddballs that do show to fight they drop it.

Companies send information to Collections all the time that have no proof of debt attached. A Collections company is not going to care, and again they know when people are hassled they will pay something to see the Collections go away.Just the idea that the City would send it to collections shows they want money, chances are the type of collections they are sending this debt to is one that buys debts. So they probably buy a block of these Citations, knowing they will make X amount so they give the city X amount...For $40 I would wager the City gets $10-$15 from the collection agency. If these were sure tickets, the city would be better in waiting to get the $40, or passing laws to MAKE people pay the $40.

Until laws change we do not operate like Europe. In Europe the Photo radar speeding ticket goes to the owner of the Vehicle. It is up to the owner to collect from his friend. In our country the speeding ticket goes to the one that did the crime, not the owner. So unless laws change they can ask for $40 all they want...good luck getting it.

As for with holding your tags, even if they did that how does that stop you? I simple go to TN or MI where there is a bunch of family and use my Parents address, or my Grandmothers, or an Aunts or Cousins to get a MI or TN plate. If then stopped in CO and I show a CO license and the cop says something...Hey I own more then one house this vehicle resides at such and such address and just happens to be here right now. The vehicle will be gone before the 30 day mark. I can plate a vehicle in every state if I have an address *shrug* I been thinking of doing this...paying $680 on the new Ford Edge for a plate sticker is stupid, TN it be like $100. So no I am never worried about CO holding a plate from me...LOL Nor a drivers license.
    yea i do the same thing, i got one of my cars plated in wa, its 78 bucks for plates, compared to 700 bucks here. i got pulled over and showed colorado id, and they asked why plates were from wa and i said that im in the military and that is where my home of record is, but im living here due to being transfered..
    -Eugene-

Quote Originally Posted by usmcab35 View Post
    yea i do the same thing, i got one of my cars plated in wa, its 78 bucks for plates, compared to 700 bucks here. i got pulled over and showed colorado id, and they asked why plates were from wa and i said that im in the military and that is where my home of record is, but im living here due to being transfered..
    Military, business and school is an exception. Also there is the advantage of not having to deal with CO emissions if you have an out of state plate.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    Like I said its going to go to a real off road place if I get it...Big Bike ability is a debate...I've seen people do single tracks on KTM's 950's...LOL
    You'd be surprised what you can do on a 950/990 with a healthy combination of balls and stupidity. I can't wait to get one!

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    I’m thinking they will hold your tag renewal hostage til you pay up.
    Er..nope

I have a...er...friend...that has renewed his plate several times after blowing off a couple of Denver photo radar tixs....
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    Er..nope

I have a...er...friend...that has renewed his plate several times after blowing off a couple of Denver photo radar tixs....
    Yeah, this would be dependent upon the DMV to be semi-competent and/or aware of what they're doing.

Even monkeys with typewriters can eventually bang out Shakespeare. If you're not holding the right form in the DMV, you might as well be presenting them with your own feces which, trust me, I've contemplated...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

I don't see how these things don't get trashed, being left unattended as such. Doubtful they're left overnight.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

is all those knock off k/c lights the flash for the camera? is anyone even in there?
    -Eugene-

i know some people who know some people who spray paint some stuff... hmm i think that rig is missing a mural... lol
    -Eugene-

NB Humboldt & Speer

So what stops you from putting a huge FOR SALE sign in the grass section behind the van? Or standing there as one of those TAX PREPARER guys in the silly outfit...LOL Or take a rake and act like your doing maintenance or a leaf blower and blocking the shots?

It seems like parking there would be illegal, I bet if you tried that you be towed by the property owner and possibly face damages charges for wrecking the grass maybe breaking a sprinkler head.

If that is a normal spot they use nails/screws in the grass is needed....LOL

^^ great idea bury some spike strips lol
    -Eugene-

^^ You should submit that one to the city and inform them that they are ruining the taxpayer funded landscaping.

I found a cop sitting on the grass owned by my HOA one day, and I came up to him and informed him that his vehicle was sitting on private property, and he was trespassing and violating the rules of our association and damaging the grass I PAY TO MAINTAIN. He gave me a dirty ass look, and moved his car after I took a picture of it on the grass. What was he doing? Running a speed trap. I guess one must generate money to pay for the property they destroy in the process of making that money.
    Last edited by Ricky; Wed Jan 26th, 2011 at 04:01 PM.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Saw a story on the news last night re a photo van parked within 100 feet of a 25 MPH work zone sign. It was flashing like crazy since you didn't really have enough time to slow down before reaching the van.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

I found a cop sitting on the grass owned by my HOA one day, and I came up to him and informed him that his vehicle was sitting on private property, and he was trespassing and violating the rules of our association and damaging the grass I PAY TO MAINTAIN. He gave me a dirty ass look, and moved his car after I took a picture of it on the grass. What was he doing? Running a speed trap. I guess one must generate money to pay for the property they destroy in the process of making that money.
    Beauty! I know I would be pissed having lived in some HOAs that were outrageous.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    ^^ You should submit that one to the city and inform them that they are ruining the taxpayer funded landscaping.

Yep that is ridiculous. I think I would have mailed an invoice to the police department out of principle for cost of dirt and grass seed and maybe broken sprinkler heads along with the picture of the cop sitting there and tell them if they don't pay in 30 days it is going to collections. I bet they would tell the cop to KNOCK it off and maybe even pay. Being an HOA I would of brought it up to them to handle...but probably stills end the picture to the Chief and ask why cops are wrecking the grass of your HOA to catch a speeder.

Plus the wear and tear of those vans hoping curbs. I guess time for flip up plates if you live in Denver...LOL I really hope these do not come to Springs.