Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicane announces HPR 6/26/11

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Chicane announces HPR 6/26/11

That's right! It's January, so it's time to start thinking about your summer plans!

Come ride with us at High Plains Raceway, Colorado's newest roadracing facility on Sunday June 26th.

We will be putting on the high class Chicane Show with rider groups separated by ability and the now famous Chicane Introductory Courses.

Boulder Motorsports will be on hand for their expert Ducati service and advice. They will also be providing lunch for all participants on the day of the event.

Never Ever Returns in 2011 as well with limited spaces at a 50% discount!

http://ChicaneTrackDays.com/register.html

I'm sorry that the webpage isn't better updated, that is coming soon. In the meantime please use the registration page to sign up for this great event!

Please feel free to PM or Email me if you have any questions

scott (at) chicanetrackdays.com

Re: Chicane announces HPR 6/26/11

If I have a bike suited for the track, I'm there.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    If I have a bike suited for the track, I'm there.
    take the klr, you'll do fine!
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Quote Originally Posted by chad23 View Post
    take the klr, you'll do fine!
    It's not like I can be any slower in the corners anyway, right?

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Thurr!

{Edit- Rybo, can you confirm the pricing? The e-cart is not giving me the correct total as the rest of the website.}

{edit2 - IN! +1 }
    Last edited by asp_125; Wed Jan 26th, 2011 at 10:10 AM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Site Admin

Fixed!

Thanks for your order jeff!

Sorry I'm sure it's been discussed before.

Are these the "I hope I get a CR behind me in this next session" kind of track days... or are they the "you three come with me and I'll follow all of you and critique you on every session" kind of day?

I'll be doin a handfull of days this year. Just dont know all the orgs out here in CO.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    It's not like I can be any slower in the corners anyway, right?
    + you can take shortcuts across the grass.
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    Sorry I'm sure it's been discussed before.

Are these the "I hope I get a CR behind me in this next session" kind of track days... or are they the "you three come with me and I'll follow all of you and critique you on every session" kind of day?

I'll be doin a handfull of days this year. Just dont know all the orgs out here in CO.

In the beginner sessions it is a handful of riders per instructor, I think my "Never Ever" instructor had 3-4 students. For the morning sessions you will do different drills (line, body position, no brake drill, etc), where you either follow the instructor, or the instructor follows you then gives you feedback. In the afternon session there is less structure, but I'm sure you can still ask an instructor to head out for a few laps if you have a question or a problem area.

Scott runs a top notch show, and one of the main reasons I decided to get into racing. Maybe I can convince my old man to come visit CO, and get him on the track with Chicane.

Nice, sounds like a normal open track day with CRs scattered around. I look forward to getting out there this season

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    Nice, sounds like a normal open track day with CRs scattered around. I look forward to getting out there this season
    Control Riders, coaches and free instruction, corner workers/flaggers, medics, free lunch, structured sessions, tire support.... You know, the usual.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

I did a never ever in August last year. A bunch of riders showed up for the free instruction and they had to grab a few extra people to be coaches. They guy I got had no business being a coach.

For the morning sessions you will do different drills (line, body position, no brake drill, etc), where you either follow the instructor, or the instructor follows you then gives you feedback.
    There were 4 of us in the group, and we did track line only. I would describe it as, "I'll go slow and you guys try to follow me". No feedback, no following, no body position advice. From talking to people, what I needed to do was find an instructor that knew what they were doing, and ask them for some of their time.

I'll be back this year.

Wheeeeeeee!! For a Never Ever, would I have to prep my bike before showing up, or do they show the first-timers what needs to be done? Thanks!
    '09 Duc Monster 696
    '00 Suz SV650 (Dad's, garaged with mine)
    I like mountains because they make me feel small.

Quote Originally Posted by GGRR View Post
    I did a never ever in August last year. A bunch of riders showed up for the free instruction and they had to grab a few extra people to be coaches. They guy I got had no business being a coach.
    Wow, I am surprised to hear you had a bad experience...granted some people are better teaches than others, but there were plenty of people you could have bugged for pointers.

Quote Originally Posted by aerofaze View Post
    Wheeeeeeee!! For a Never Ever, would I have to prep my bike before showing up, or do they show the first-timers what needs to be done? Thanks!
    It would probably be best to prep beforehand, so that way when the big day comes, you can focus on riding, and not taping up lights. Really you just have to replace the antifreeze with water, tape the lights, and make sure your tires and brakes are good and the bike isn't falling apart.

Site Admin

There were 4 of us in the group, and we did track line only. I would describe it as, "I'll go slow and you guys try to follow me". No feedback, no following, no body position advice. From talking to people, what I needed to do was find an instructor that knew what they were doing, and ask them for some of their time.

I'll be back this year.
    I'm terribly sorry to hear that you had any kind of bad experience at my day. I would like to know who your coach was so that I can either 1) get them the training they need to be a better coach or 2) not hire them to coach again.

Please send me a PM or an email, I'd love to hear more about your experience and how I can make the day better for people.

Thanks

Scott
    scott (at) chicanetrackdays.com

Quote Originally Posted by aerofaze View Post
    Best to do so beforehand, that way you are not under time constraints and pressured to get it all done and possibly miss something. If you need a hand there are plenty of us who've done it before and can help.
    my Facebook, SpeedShots

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    It would probably be best to prep beforehand, so that way when the big day comes, you can focus on riding, and not taping up lights. Really you just have to replace the antifreeze with water, tape the lights, and make sure your tires and brakes are good and the bike isn't falling apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Best to do so beforehand, that way you are not under time constraints and pressured to get it all done and possibly miss something. If you need a hand there are plenty of us who've done it before and can help.
    Dave and Jeff, you guys rock. Will think it over the next couple days, and may sign up this weekend...
    '09 Duc Monster 696

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

In as usual. I'm working instate this year, so I might even get to do a few races.
    I definatly need some track time.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post
    In as usual. I'm working instate this year, so I might even get to do a few races.
    I definatly need some track time.
    You should lease your sv to me
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

this looks fun, might be able to get the pig out on the track this year...
    -Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)

I'll be back this year.
    Come find me and I will help you next time. If I'm not there, someone like Mike (hcr25) or Casey (dragos13) will help you.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    Come find me and I will help you next time. If I'm not there, someone like Mike (hcr25) or Casey (dragos13) will help you.
    Thanks. Mike has already offered me some of his time, but I will look you up as well. I need all the help I can get!

Signed up this morning, Scott.

If anything happens to my Duc, I'm blaming you!

j/k
    '09 Duc Monster 696