Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How does police treat you around Boulder,Longmont, Denver?

Re: How does police treat you around Boulder,Longmont, Denver?

most will chew you out if you have your gear, just tell them your not part of the gearless crowd and they usually cool off.

Riding around Denver, boulder and the canyons, I have never had any issues. And my old busa was obnoxiously loud, and was a little unique/noticeable. I did get a ticket once....errrr, twice, but both times I was speeding which is pretty unusual for me.

Well once was in the canyons, so that was a given.

But cruising around with a tucked up license plate and a loud bike, I have never been hassled by any law enforcement. I also usually have my jacket/gloves/helmet and some sort of boot on.....

I've been pulled over twice in Boulder.

I was on Arapahoe just west of E. County Line Road zipping towards the light. I proceeded to pass an SUV that was following another SUV (white). My intention was to slip between the two but the following SUV stepped it up a tad and I didn't have room so I wicked it up and passed the white SUV. Which said Boulder County Sheriff. And it was on the short bit of double yellow at that. He hit the lights and I pulled right over. I did take off my helmet and was nice and respectful. "Do you know why I pulled you over?" "Oh yeah *sheepish grin*." He went back, checked me over and came back. I received his card and a verbal warning to be careful.

The other time I was on Rita's Ninja. I was heading north on 287 in Lafayette (the bit that goes under the covered overpass) and didn't realize a cop was behind me. A State Traffic Cop. *lights* I waved and pulled over up by the gas station. I didn't even have the insurance card for the bike. He came back and gave me a verbal warning to be careful then asked me how I liked the Ninja. We chatted for a few minutes and he let me go.

I have the feeling they're happy I don't run, am respectful, and a FOG

Be careful out there.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Damn Carl, where have you been?
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Damn Carl, where have you been?
    Got a mandate from SWMBO that I was spending too much time on the computer so I had to cut back. I've mostly been up on the Sport Touring net forums but really didn't do more than hang out in off topic. So I had to weigh things. Off topic and the occasional bike related post or here and rides.

It's a tough choice really but I also realized I haven't been riding as much lately which makes me grumpy (as Rita observed ) so I cut my ties on STN (I actually did it twice).

I've been hanging around on a couple of gaming forums but the change in layout of one disappointed me and I stopped going.

I started learning guitar back in December so I've been hanging out on the Telecaster and Stratocaster forums.

With summer here, I thought I'd drop back here and see what's up. I figure I'm going to have to restrict myself to one forum per hobby and decided that CSC was the best forum for my motorcycle needs.

And here I am

It's funny that I still recognize folks that are here How's your shoulder

And here's my new axe:

Carl

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dm_gsxr View Post
    With summer here, I thought I'd drop back here and see what's up. I figure I'm going to have to restrict myself to one forum per hobby and decided that CSC was the best forum for my motorcycle needs.

And here I am

It's funny that I still recognize folks that are here How's your shoulder
    Nice axe. The collar bones are all healed up. No track crashes since '08. Had to take last year off from racing to heal my right foot (inflammation), but had a pretty good return a few weeks ago at the first race wekeend. Getting ready to race at HPR tomorrow. Good to have you back, man.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Nice axe. The collar bones are all healed up. No track crashes since '08. Had to take last year off from racing to heal my right foot (inflammation), but had a pretty good return a few weeks ago at the first race wekeend. Getting ready to race at HPR tomorrow. Good to have you back, man.

Dirk
    Good, bad, and good news. Good luck tomorrow then.

And thanks.

Carl