Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D/S Ride Saturday 1/29/11

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

D/S Ride Saturday 1/29/11

OK D/S freaks. There is a Dual Sport ride out of Deckers this Saurday.
    Meet @ the Deckers store @10:30. 11:00 AM gassed up and ready to fall down.
    All bikes will need to be plated.
    Gonna see if we can get over to Lake George and back via dirt.
    It will be in the high 40s so dress warm.
    It will probably have snow and ice in spots.
    We might have to amend the route if to bad.
    Most of the route is maintained and unmaintained forest service roads, so nothing to technical, except the afformentioned ice and snow.
    See anybody crazy enough to show then and there.
    Last edited by Bashed; Fri Jan 28th, 2011 at 08:28 AM.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Re: D/S Ride Saturday 1/29/11

Unless something pops up, I'm going to try and make it... Do you have an estimate on how long it will take?
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

Yes, this ride will get you back to Denver/C Springs by 5, or before dark.
    We should be off the dirt and back to Deckers by 3ish. I really dont feel like freezing after the sun goes down, and will route accordingly. See you there, I will be on a White CRF.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

tempted - but was planning on going to the bike show/swap meet.

you running studs?
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Sounds good, I'll be on the KTM...
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    tempted - but was planning on going to the bike show/swap meet.

you running studs?
    you can alway's hit the swap meet on sunday, I doubt anything you would want will be sold out from my limited experiances with those type events.

I don't feel a need for studs, we are going to try and avoid ice and snow, but it is expected up there, but looking @ the weather cam in Woodland Park, most of the snow is gone except in the shady area's. As with anything unknown, we wont truely know till we get there.

Bueller, hey Bueller, you out there???

not planning on picking up a leather vest or anything. Limited play time and the wife is working Saturday so I had plans to ride the VFR down to the Denver show.

Haven't been to Deckers before. The Google machine reports 2hrs and 20minutes drive for me. I'm assuming there must be somewhere decent to park a truck if I wanted to load up and ride down in warm comfort?
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Pretty sure I am in, or at least meet up at deckers... Here is the route (I think) from S Denver. I tried to post it but I couldn't so I am just going to link it.

http://www.5280dualsport.com/forum/v...php?f=16&t=637
    13 BMW F800GS, 01 Suzuki DRZ 400S
    "It's not about the destination. It's about the ride"
    www.colorado2wheels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post

Bueller, hey Bueller, you out there???
    Don't think I'll make this, at IMI right now doing circles on the baby ninja

Sorry Basher, not this time.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Gold Member Yearly Supporter

Anyone who rides a ktm to this shindig is a fag. I'm only jealous cuz I'm on a boat! Have fun and be safe guys!!!
    2015 R1200GS
    03 & 11 XR-50 pit bike
    07 & 08 DRZ 400SM
    06 FJR 1300
    70 SL 350
    75 MT 250

I'm leaning toward this. Again, anyone know about parking a truck and unloading rather than trying to ride all the way from f'n Nebraska (Fort Collins)?

1999 DR650SE

Plenty of places to park in Deckers... Just don't park in front of the tackle shop, lol.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

I'm leaning toward this. Again, anyone know about parking a truck and unloading rather than trying to ride all the way from f'n Nebraska (Fort Collins)?
    Assuming I am going (I will know later tonight)...If you want to you can leave your truck in Sedalia and ride with us to deckers... There's is a parking lot right before the second set of train tracks.
    www.colorado2wheels.com

Parking is not an issue, all the others have pretty much summed the situation. You can always park on the side of the highway in Deckers like all the fishermen worse case, or best, depending on how you look @ it.
    I am going to try and be there by 10:30. I might roll up Rampart Range from the Springs so dont hold me to it. see you people tomorrow, it looks to be great weather.
    later,
    Bash

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Don't think I'll make this, at IMI right now doing circles on the baby ninja
    Sweet! catch you next round.

I'm in. Packing and loading up now. Will be a gray Dodge 2500 diesel and a yellow/white DR650

1999 DR650SE

I'm out. Plans fell through (broken car).
    www.colorado2wheels.com

I'm in. Packing and loading up now. Will be a gray Dodge 2500 diesel and a yellow/white DR650
    Sweet, see you in the morning @ Deckers.

Quote Originally Posted by GregsGSXR View Post
    I'm out. Plans fell through (broken car).
    Sorry Greg, catch you on the next one. Plenty of season to ride, hell it's not even Feb yet.

Looks like three of us? Looking forward to it!

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by sloridr View Post
    Anyone who rides a ktm to this shindig is a fag. I'm only jealous cuz I'm on a boat! Have fun and be safe guys!!!
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

The three guys who bailed should have stayed to see me dump it 3x in like the last 12 miles. The last stretch was a blast with at least a half dozen creek crossings. Can't wait to see the video.

Thanks for putting it together Bash! Looking forward to next time.

1999 DR650SE

The snow was tricky, but it was a blast today.
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

Hey guy's, thanks for showing all the others how lame they are. Dirt riding in January, not for those guys. I think they even got a post going on how thier mangina feelings are sore, from not actually riding. Good day today, no broken bones, just a couple muddy side panels. It was great to get out and dust some of the winter cobwebs off and spin some tires in the dirt.
    Till the next one.....