Thread: Anyone rent use a bobcat here?

Anyone rent use a bobcat here?

I gotta terrace my backyard a bit. Figuring I will just do it myself since it isn't too big, but a bit bigger than I wanna do by hand.

Anyone ever rent / operate a bobcat?

Did you rent in the Springs? How difficult is it to use/figure out?
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Re: Anyone rent use a bobcat here?

Or, another option, anyone here who runs a bobcat for a living and wants to make some money?
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Last edited by modette99; Mon Nov 7th, 2011 at 04:55 PM.

Bobcats are fairly easy to use. I rented one from Bobcat of the Rockies Commerce City a few years ago. I live close enough they delivered it to me for free, it worked out great cause they only deliver Monday through Friday and I only needed it on a Saturday. So they charged me for one day even though I had it for about 72 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    I gotta terrace my backyard a bit. Figuring I will just do it myself since it isn't too big, but a bit bigger than I wanna do by hand.

Anyone ever rent / operate a bobcat?

Did you rent in the Springs? How difficult is it to use/figure out?
    Skid's are great pieces of equipment. They can get a job done fast and efficiently. Man I'd offer up my services, as I use one frequently in my line of work. But I'm tied up at the moment.

Also, most skids are joystick controlled anymore. You'll still see the foot control skids from time to time. It's what I cut my teeth on and love the foot operated models. However, the joystick skids are a hell of a lot quicker about getting the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    I used a MI Cat the father in-law owns when I ran his business. It had Joystick controls and was simple to operate. Its not rocket science....
    True it's not rocket science, but just because you can figure one out, doesn't mean you are proficient enough with it, to make the job look professional. I've seen tons of greenhorns jump behind the sticks of a skid. Sure they can figure it out, but the job never gets done right and has to be done over again.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Yeah I've run one before, my uncle has one on his farm. Like they said easy to learn, hard to master, but still a hell of a lot of fun! I think Brady's rents them.

CSC co-founder

One time @ band camp I used a bobcat to round up 1 mean ass bull. Let's just say I got it into the barn by backing up. I was scared even inside a steel cage w/ that monster!!

I would recommend finding someone w/ a cat. They'll come in & hack it out quickly. The time you'll spend pussy'n around w/ it will be much more than someone who owns the controls. Typically you pay for the meter so time is $$$$. In the end, this way I think you'll actually come out ahead! They'll do it much quicker = cheaper

D
    PHX, AZ

Go rent it. They will teach you how to drive it before they let you have it. Pretty simple and it's actually fun!

If you hired it out, you'd spend about the same amount of money and they would get the job done in probably half the time, but half the fun is driving the dang thing!

Give RSC Rentals or any other equipment rental company a call. They will charge you for delivery unless you have a trailer that can handle the weight, and give you 8 hours that they count on the meter, (the actual time the machine is running, not how long you have it.) most places charge for 8 hours, and then every hour above that.

Also, if it's a small job, ask for the smaller bucket, there are different bucket sizes and there's no reason to get the biggest bucket.

Good luck!

Last edited by modette99; Mon Nov 7th, 2011 at 04:55 PM.

I have to agree with what has been said. Go rent one. They are not difficult to drive and quite fun. Just a side note, that if you do decide to do this, make sure you have the number of someone who has run one before, just in case you have questions.
    www.onthemarcphotography.com

Bill's Tool Rental is local to the Springs and they will deliver the machine to your crib.

There's no place like home............

Last edited by modette99; Mon Nov 7th, 2011 at 04:56 PM.

Maybe in Arizona or southern California. Just stop by the local Home Depot or Lowes and hold up the number of fingers for the number of workers you want and they hop in the truck.

There's no place like home............

Resident Hater Site Admin Canuck's Avatar

I've never rented a Bobcat. But I have rented a Couger before.

Oh, and I just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    RIP Gene. You are a good friend that will be missed. I'm Gene Bazyl Bitch!!