Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 St. Patrick's Day Parade Sign-Up - CSC Entry Sponsored by TFOG & HPR!

Re: 2011 St. Patrick's Day Parade Sign-Up - CSC Entry Sponsored by TFOG & HPR!

What the heck, I'm in! XL shirt. Thanks HPR and TFOG!

I want to gooooo, but I won't have a bike by then.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

What is the official parade policy on burn outs, stunting, closeness to the crowd, etc...
    We don't need to get almost arrested again, like last year.

MRA Racer No.427

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    What is the official parade policy on burn outs, stunting, closeness to the crowd, etc...
    We don't need to get almost arrested again, like last year.
    No stunting (insurance liability issue). Parade entries are officially only allowed to stop and "perform" (ie: burn outs) in front of the judges stand (just before the intersection of of 20th and Blake).
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Junior Member Yearly Supporter kjohnston1979's Avatar

not a problem at all spiderman just give me a call or pm or whatever lol when ya know for sure

Im gonna take that day off just to ride in this. HA HA. XL + M for the wifey.

I'm pretty new here but I've heard this is a great way to get to know other people in the club, and it just so happens that St. Patty's is my favorite holiday! I'm definitely in and my wife Nikki will be on the back of my bike (XL for me and M for her). Can't wait to meet you guys!

Hey Bob, can you save me a two-wheeled spot on the list if the pace car thing falls through?
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Swift's Avatar

I'm in XL
    2003 BMW R1150R - For Sale - PM for details
    2007 BMW 328Xi Coupe - The Cage

Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO View Post
    Hey Bob, can you save me a two-wheeled spot on the list if the pace car thing falls through?
    Glenn, consider it done... what size t-shirt do you want?
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
    R.I.P. 502

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

I'll be there taking pictures, so make sure those bikes are squeaky clean.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

if we snag a bunch of little candies is it cool to pass it around to the crowd?? probably close to the ground as not to "HIT" anyone but just checking in, were grabbing a few extras, maybe a headband or two, hahaha

Never mind, read the rule!

DENVER ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARADE COMMITTEE PARADE DAY RULES
    Saturday, March 12, 2011

1. All participants must enter Coors Field parking lot through their pre-assigned entrances.This information will be mailed to you in early March. Check in as directed. All participants must know your group unit number, and staging street address.
      Follow the directions and instructions given by the Parade Marshals at all times.
    2. Do not park cars or other vehicles that are not part of your unit(s) in the staging area. The Parade Marshals will direct you to the participant parking area.
    3. Parade units may perform only once for no more than 45 seconds in front of the judges' reviewing stand. Marshals’ instructions to resume movement must be promptly followed. Parade units are not allowed to stop and perform anywhere along the parade route if such performance in any way distrupts the flow of the parade. All units must insure they are keeping pace with the unit ahead of them and there are not unreasonable gaps which interrupt the flow of the parade.
    4. Children under the age of 5 may ride, but are not allowed to march in the parade.
    5. Drinking of alcohol by parade entrants is not permitted anywhere along the parade
      route.
    6. As a safety precaution, no candy or other objects shall be thrown from parade unit.
      Items may be handed to children and other parade spectators by persons walking at the sides of the parade unit.
    7. Participants shall clean up any materials or debris left in the staging area by your unit(s). This applies particularly (but not exclusively) to units with animals.
    8. Parade units must continue moving until you have returned to the disband area insideCoors Field parking lot. No stopping or unloading will be allowed prior to that, since thiswill cause congestion and delays in the parade.
    9. Owners of parade vehicles shall ensure that such vehicles are insured as required by Colorado law.
    10. Drivers of motor vehicles must remain with the vehicle at all times.
    11. Parade applicants shall clearly identify a person or persons in charge of their unit whomay be contacted by Marshals or other Parade officials regarding parade rules violations.
    12. Parade units violating any of these rules may, at the discretion of the Board of
      Directors (BOD) of the Denver St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee, Inc. (DSPDPC) be
      disqualified from awards and denied entry in future parades.
    13. All entrants may be subject to City & County of Denver fire and safety inspections
      and code enforcement and additional fees as necessary.
    Last edited by DemonRider; Mon Feb 21st, 2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Read the rules
    €~~~ Ramon Uribe ~~~€. 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R (Current 2019)

-"CSC Community" Trailer - Is Available As Of (Stolen!!!!!!!) FML - @ My Home
    720-475-6984

Quote Originally Posted by 2010UribeFamily View Post
    if we snag a bunch of little candies is it cool to pass it around to the crowed?? probably close to the ground as not to "HIT" anyone but just checking in, were grabbing a few extras,
    No. Here's the section of the Parade Rules that addresses that:
    As a safety precaution, no candy or other objects shall be thrown
    from a parade unit. Items may be handed to children and other
    parade spectators by persons walking at the sides of the parade
    unit
    R.I.P. 502

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I want to gooooo, but I won't have a bike by then.
    rent the can-am. that drew some attention last year

http://www.coloradosportbikerentals....Am_Spyder.html

someone got a deal on it last year
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

First he was "Sir Bacon",
    then "Sir Lube". Now...

Count me IN, with a XL
    Last edited by Sir Bacon Lube; Mon Feb 21st, 2011 at 12:59 PM.
    EAT BACON!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleev View Post

Tempting, but the $250/day price tag seems a bit excessive just for a parade. Almost makes me want to road trip it to Tahoe and back on my four days off when I get home next week to pick up the RSV.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

Quote Originally Posted by Sleev View Post

I did, 303 gave me a screaming deal last year for the parade. I don't know if they even have it anymore though, I though they were trying to sell that side of the business. Kids thought it was really cool and adults wanted to know who rented it.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Sign me up.

Shirt is Large.

Thanks,
    Sam
    Last edited by sam38a1; Tue Feb 22nd, 2011 at 07:39 AM.

Spiderman, my buddy just signed up for the CSC but it seems like he doesn't have access to anything yet. His screen name is 2wheeler4life and he'd like to do the parade as well if there's room. He's an XL. Thank you

then "Sir Lube". Now...

Is anyone throwing candy? Grab a handful of bacon and toss it
    EAT BACON!

I'm in. A 2xl for me and an L for my wife Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by 2isbetterthan4 View Post
    Spiderman, my buddy just signed up for the CSC but it seems like he doesn't have access to anything yet. His screen name is 2wheeler4life and he'd like to do the parade as well if there's room. He's an XL. Thank you
    I added him to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bacon View Post
    Read this in re: throwing candy (or anything else).

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    I'm in. A 2xl for me and an L for my wife Can't wait!
    Sorry birchboy, the list just filled up. I've got you as the first standby though.
    R.I.P. 502

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bacon View Post
    We want to make the crowd happy, not start a riot over our meat.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

then "Sir Lube". Now...

Quote Originally Posted by

:roll: [URL="http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=543942#post543942"
    Read this in re: throwing candy (or anything else).[/URL]
    Ugh, that whole reading thing seems like a waste. Rules in audio would be nice. Now, launching of the bacon would be fun!
    EAT BACON!