Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: House Judiciary Committee passes Constitutional Carry 8 to 3

Re: House Judiciary Committee passes Constitutional Carry 8 to 3

Great post TFOG
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    You'll see on page one, I made a statement about your combativeness and having the right frame of mind for a permit. I'm not sure if anyone else caught on to the subtle point I was making.
    I know that I totally missed it.

...and, okay. I'll bite... How was I being "combative"?

What if you don't agree with something happening in your community? What if you decide to participate in a sit-in protest of something? What if you challenge the direction of your local government? What prevents someone in local government from filing a claim with the sheriff that they "feel threatened" by you and having your permit revoked?
    Yup! And the person who deserves to be "revoked", can't with this law. And if they're put on a list instead, then it's the same.

It's great for you Dean that one gun and one holster works for you every day.
    Cheaper, too!!

Many other people have different wardrobes depending on the day. Warm weather, cold weather, formal attire, workout attire.... Many people find the need to use inside the waistband, outside the waistband, pocket carry, and sometimes maybe even shoulder holsters in order to navigate the complexities of daily life.
    I'm sorry that it's so complex for you...

As another example, my wife is was out of town all week. She ended up leaving her firearm behind and went unarmed because the complexities of carrying safely and legally were too much. Evenings in a hotel and daytime on a government facility and she didn't want to leave her firearm in a hotel safe.
    Yup! That's all part of it! I'll still protect myself, though, rather than give up because of the "complexities"!

Many people have a picture of conceal carry that proves to be different from reality once they attempt to practice it on a daily basis. You can discount my position all you want but I believe most people would agree that carrying a firearm on a daily basis is a fucking pain in the ass.
    Where did I discount you? It's just not a pain in the ass for me to carry under any circumstance. As a matter of fact, I'm so used to it, that some shit will go down and I'll probably forget that I have the stupid thing!

So my point again is this; People fearful of firearms often have a belief that "everyone will have a gun", or "it will be the wild west". In reality, most people who obtain a permit or who may have their right to carry protected by Constitutional Carry, might do so for a month and quit.
    Okay. So...

Until that day someone's daughter tries to break up with her boyfriend that got creepy and she suddenly fears for her life. Sure, she can go apply for an emergency permit. Should she have to? Should she have to consult with the state for permission to protect herself?
    She's not asking for permission. If she meets the requirements by law, she gets it. Constitutional Carry still has requirements that have to be met.

Criminals don't care about permits. Licenses don't stop stupidity either.
    I see the example I used about a drivers license or an MC endorsement wasn't understood. To drive, we have to prove that we can handle that big, dangerous machine. To ride a bike is the same. So, you're saying to carry a gun, I don't have to prove shit?

BTW - You all know that it's Kim saying all this stupid shit, right?
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Oh sure, blame Kim...
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    She's not asking for permission. If she meets the requirements by law, she gets it. Constitutional Carry still has requirements that have to be met.
    Sure are. We've already met the requirements by law by being "LEGAL TO OWN" a gun in the first place. If I/he/she are already legal to own the firearm, then we are asking permission of the gubberment for authorization to carry it.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    Oh sure, blame Kim...
    The need to have a rebuttal for every statement does support the idea that it's a woman arguing.

WHOA! SNAP! I can do it too!

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post

Shit!! I can't even get someone to learn how to work the tire machine so they can do free tire changes for themselves.
    Wait, what?!? You mean it's free if I don't bother you to come help me?! I'm in.

BTW - my neighbor's mohawk IS on his helmet! The local CMA chaplain also has a mohawk on his helmet; when your kids buy it for you, you kinda have to wear it.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    Oh sure, blame Kim...
    I say we blame Kim for everthing!
    www.onthemarcphotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    Sure are. We've already met the requirements by law by being "LEGAL TO OWN" a gun in the first place. If I/he/she are already legal to own the firearm, then we are asking permission of the gubberment for authorization to carry it.
    I hear ya! Works the opposite way when people want to skip the background check for purchasing because they have a CCW.

However, being legal to own and knowing how to handle/possess a weapon in public are two different things. I've been target shooting with people who are legal to own and I was lucky to make it home alive!!!!!!!!!!! People just don't give me any confidence that they know how to handle weapons properly. I think they should have to prove they can handle it safely!!! Just like we do with motor vehicles...
    Kim & Dean

I think this discussion has gone horribly off-topic....

At the heart of it people who are under-educated about a subject fear it. Name the issue and there will be a majority. Kim, let me define the issue first....

The general public is under-educated about guns, therefor, they fear it. People in general are under-educated about each other. When's the last time you had a block party? People don't trust one another anymore. For some reason, we've all lost faith in humanity (and it's very easy to do), but we've taken it out of context applying the stupidity of the minority to the majority. Maybe I'm completely retarded but in general, I love the CSC community. We get along and move forward, aside the few idiots. (Get my point about majority and minority).

Right, education and fear. This law would help us bring guns to the forefront which WILL increase education and awareness. Although there might be a little crazyness in the beginning people will start to learn. Don't hide the education behind close doors, permits and other difficulties that shouldn't be there considering our Second Amendment....

I say along with PRD (personal resource development - sowing and cooking) and sex-ed in schools, put in place drivers-ed to match Finland's, and firearms-ed to educate everybody. Yes, lots of parents will have issues, yes, it will be a loosing battle. That doesn't mean it's a bad idea.... All I'm saying is that the issue hinges on education. If we knew more about our neighbor, if we knew more about the tools, the issue would diminish. I think it's a wonderful idea to take responsibility for one's actions and education. And right there is where it shouldn't be the responsibility of the government to create this education.

This country is built on Freedom, and it's constantly being taken away because people aren't willing to bear the responsibility that comes with it. By allowing concealed carry to go on as it has been, it's simply shifting the citizen's responsibility onto the shoulder of the government.

Sorry for the long response, but many people have critiques of America and specific issues. I can tell you that America might suck, but it sucks the least. I can also say with confidence that although many of you probably chanted the Pledge of Allegiance in school, I was sworn into this country as a citizen. To become a citizen I had to learn all kinds of things. I take honor quite seriously, and I stood in front of that flag and with my heart swore to protect the United States of American from all enemies within and without (silly vernacular, I know.) I learned many things I learned later, many Americans don't know. I'm not saying I'm more qualified to be an American, oh heaven's no! I'm saying that while becoming a citizen of this great country, I discovered how few people know what it means to be an American.

What does it mean to be an American? Take responsibility for your Freedoms. Carry a damn gun in public under open carry and politely and patiently educate those who give you grief. Only we can take America to newer and greater heights. The lawmakers won't. Big business won't. This is just one issue among many we need to take responsibility for. We must enact the change if there is to be any.
    Last edited by Spooph; Fri Feb 25th, 2011 at 07:08 PM.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Swift's Avatar

Go to Texas kids. Open Carry is nothing new down there. You don't see their crime rates being particularly high do you? I always get the mental image of some punk that see's a 50 year old man in a cowboy hat, snakeskin boots and wearing a .44 magnum around his waist is gonna think twice about fucking with him.

As someone else said, a carry society is a polite society. I'd like to see this go through. I don't think it will have much opposition in the house to be honest. Just means these gang banger fuck heads will start thinking twice before they decide to mug someone.
    2003 BMW R1150R - For Sale - PM for details
    2007 BMW 328Xi Coupe - The Cage

I don’t feel the need to be armed on a daily basis. If I ever do, the lack of a permit sure won’t stop me. Thinking about taking the class just for the info, but doubtful I’d go to the trouble to apply for a permit.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I can get a permit without a class, and I plan on doing so as soon as I get home. All I have to do is the paperwork, and the fingerprinting is free as well.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

FZRGuy, if you want a class just for the info let me know.

As far as training, there is absolutely no standardization on the current training requirements. The classes range from piss poor to excellent. How do I know? I'm a certified instructor, the shit that meets the minimum requirements is just useless taxation, not training.
    RIP Sgt. Travis D. Pfister. 79-07 I miss you brother.

Quote Originally Posted by wulf View Post
    FZRGuy, if you want a class just for the info let me know.

As far as training, there is absolutely no standardization on the current training requirements. The classes range from piss poor to excellent. How do I know? I'm a certified instructor, the shit that meets the minimum requirements is just useless taxation, not training.
    The requirements in Colorado are definitely useless, but is that just a state thing? Nevada requires that you qualify for each semi-auto that you want to carry and you only have to qualify for one revolver and can carry any revolver. Is that a better system? I would think so, but I sure am glad that I didn't have to go through that!!!!!!!!!

Shameless plug. This is my wife's brother, Roger. Do some research, he's getting pretty famous for his techniques. I love this phrase...

Gunfights typically happen in low light, with both participants moving, and when you are behind in the reactionary curve.

...behind in the reactionary curve. I just love that!!!

I will apologize in advance that he uses "Bodies" as the soundtrack on the home page video...

http://www.fightfocusedconcepts.com/
    Last edited by Kim-n-Dean; Sat Feb 26th, 2011 at 10:35 PM.
    Kim & Dean

Last edited by modette99; Mon Nov 7th, 2011 at 05:14 PM.

Well... that's why we practice!
    Kim & Dean

Anybody want to get together and go shooting sometime in the next 30 days? Anywhere is good, preferably somewhere outside so we can shoot vegetables.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Anybody want to get together and go shooting sometime in the next 30 days? Anywhere is good, preferably somewhere outside so we can shoot vegetables.
    We were thinking about Monday (tomorrow). I have some electronics that need punishing!!
    Kim & Dean

Damn, won't be home until Tuesday and then I have the rest of the week off.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR

I now have a meeting at noon on Monday. Tuesday or anytime after...
    Kim & Dean

I'd have to do later than that, maybe the weekend. Anybody else interested?
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR

I'm up for it. I need to go punish my shoulder a bit.
    .40, 30-30, .270, and 12 gauge is what I can bring to the table/range.

Interested.....the indoor range is not near the fun.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

AKA "Devaclis"

A good old fashioned CSC "My opinion is the correct one and you are a douche bag" thread.

Welcome home. It feels sooo good.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!