Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only 2nd time out this year and nearly crashed twice

Only 2nd time out this year and nearly crashed twice

Today on my way to school within 2 minutes two cars pulled in front of me as they came out of a turn. People here are blind as. And I'm not just talking about 15 meters ahead, I'm talking about right in front of me I didn't have time to hit the brakes instead crossed lanes.

One of them was a damn teenager looked like he was high as talking on his cell. I can complain all I want cause I'm only 19 myself. I pulled up beside him and started pressing my horn. Too bad I didn't realize sooner my horn sounds
    91 FZR 600
    82 Custom XV750

Re: Only 2nd time out this year and nearly crashed twice

Wow that is just ridiculous. I don't see what is wrong with just double checking before you move or turn into a lane when you are in a big metal cage. It would be nice if there was something more we could do about it.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

When it happened it made me think about that post someone made about the accident the other day. People turn in front of bikes all the time, sometimes it's too close to avoid. Just shows how much drivers aren't paying attention. Though they see something there, if it's not as big as a car it doesn't register in their head.

Oh yeah, I should add that on both occasions they honestly did not have to double check I was going 45 (speed limit) in the middle lane!!! They turned straight into the middle lane, like I wasn't there??? And twice within 2 mins? wtf. That's why I got so mad, especially when I saw the second person on his cell. That's when I honked the shit outa my bike till the battery nearly died.
    Last edited by BlueRanger; Fri Mar 4th, 2011 at 02:08 AM.
    91 FZR 600
    82 Custom XV750

Senior Member cptschlongenheimer's Avatar

Self-centered bitch on a cell, in a lexus suv, flipped a u-turn right in front of me yesterday. I almost don't even get pissed anymore. I just pity them for the future day that they haver to explain to some bikers kids why their phone call was more important than someone's life...
    Always seems to be the lexus suv's...
    89 EX500 RIP
    06 R6S RIP
    03 R6

Time to invest in a non- horn.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

People aren't used to looking for motorcycles yet. It takes them a little time to process that we are back on the roads. Even worse, that's what happens when you ride among the cages. Commuting on 36, I "almost" get in to an accident at least 3 times a week, if not daily. We have no choice but to be alert and defensive.

First he was "Sir Bacon",
    then "Sir Lube". Now...

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    People aren't used to looking for motorcycles yet. It takes them a little time to process that we are back on the roads. Even worse, that's what happens when you ride among the cages. Commuting on 36, I "almost" get in to an accident at least 3 times a week, if not daily. We have no choice but to be alert and defensive.
    Watch out, those Prius POS are quiet
    EAT BACON!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRanger View Post
    When it happened it made me think about that post someone made about the accident the other day. People turn in front of bikes all the time, sometimes it's too close to avoid. Just shows how much drivers aren't paying attention. Though they see something there, if it's not as big as a car it doesn't register in their head.

Oh yeah, I should add that on both occasions they honestly did not have to double check I was going 45 (speed limit) in the middle lane!!! They turned straight into the middle lane, like I wasn't there??? And twice within 2 mins? wtf. That's why I got so mad, especially when I saw the second person on his cell. That's when I honked the shit outa my bike till the battery nearly died.
    The husband (1badsvt) encounters theses close calls all the time. Instead of honking the horn try reving so hard you hit the rev limiter ..that scares the hell out of these idiots and leaves a lasting impression.

Revving it straight into their back windows leaves a lasting impression too.

NE CS? That's where I live. This actually took place on Research.
    Last edited by BlueRanger; Fri Mar 4th, 2011 at 08:31 AM.
    91 FZR 600
    82 Custom XV750

Revving it straight into their back windows leaves a lasting impression too.

NE CS? That's where I live. This actually took place on Research.
    They seem to be most oblivious up there, followed by southern CSprings by Hancock/Academy from my experiences. And you've gotta watch people being 'tards downtown even when you're in a cage!

I don't have to worry about people turning in front of me when I ride down the sidewalk.

Braaaaaaap.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by KatRydr View Post
    The husband (1badsvt) encounters theses close calls all the time. Instead of honking the horn try reving so hard you hit the rev limiter ..that scares the hell out of these idiots and leaves a lasting impression.
    I did that one day sitting behind some idiot fuck talking on his cell phone, weaving in and out of the lane, then stopped in the middle of a crosswalk on a yellow light. I revved my engine, and the dude gets out of his car. He's packing heat, and I find out he's some sort of detective, I don't know, I don't understand that pig language of theirs very well. After calmly explaining to him he needed to hang up his cell phone and drive, he starts telling me that revving my engine is dangerous and he could write me a ticket for it. I continued to explain how he was endangering my life through inattentive driving, and eventually he got the hint when he realized his dumb fucking ass was blocking traffic when the light turned green.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Don't bother getting pissed at them, it only hurts you to do so. Besides, my wife and I both ride and are constantly on the lookout but both of us have nearly taken out other bikers hiding in our blind spot. It's not that cagers are out to get us, it's just part of riding a bike. Be on your guard and ride smart.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

you and wicky should share stories...

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

I just share videos.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by KatRydr View Post
    This is why people don't like sportbike people. Think we all ride wheelies and bang the rev limiter in first everywhere we go
    If You Can't Ride It or Take it to Bed. It Ain't Worth Having!

Stick to the horn. It leaves a lasting impression in an nonthreatening way lol ...I need a new battery.
    91 FZR 600
    82 Custom XV750

I'd rather leave a lasting impression in a threatening way...voicing my opinion of their driving skills loudly with lots of profanity is a favorite of mine...

Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

91 FZR 600
    82 Custom XV750

Senior Member cptschlongenheimer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    I'd rather leave a lasting impression in a threatening way...voicing my opinion of their driving skills loudly with lots of profanity is a favorite of mine...
    Me too...
    But usually I just get the deer-in-the-headlights blank stare of someone who's too self-involved/ignorant-of-their-actions/stupid to realize how close they came to fucking me up.
    89 EX500 RIP
    06 R6S RIP
    03 R6

Ralph?
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

hitting your rev limiter, yelling/screaming, giving them the finger repeatedly and stopping in front of them in traffic only serves to piss them off, they don't learn or take anything away from it.

they drive away thinking you're the douche. if anything beyond just hitting my horn i'll wave at them or give them a sarcastic thumbs up as i go by. this either confuses them and makes them wonder what they did or embarrasses them slightly into realizing they made a mistake.
    - Jeff

(horn) + + = or even perhaps

I get it now, I just needed visual aids lol.

But Yeah, you don't want to leave looking like the bad guy to them cause they won't learn. In there mind they will probably think what they did was fine after your spaz attack.

+profanity = (Spaz attack) =
    91 FZR 600
    82 Custom XV750