Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Only 2nd time out this year and nearly crashed twice

Re: Only 2nd time out this year and nearly crashed twice

I've stopped giving careless drivers excuses for their antics.

They are usually too ignorant to know better or admit that they will be safer to everyone if they took public transport.

Most times, though, it's just that their ego's are too big to realize that they are too stupid to handle multitasking, even just driving.
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

What happened to the guy that carried ball bearings in his pocket to throw at windshields? That sounds like a good idea................

There's no place like home............

Foot -> Door -> Connect -> Move on...

MRA Racer No.427

Yup, it's that time of year where we're back out there and the cagers haven't figured it out. I haven't been riding THAT long (15 years) and the only thing that changes is the distractions drivers have. At first it was people fiddling with the radio. Then it was too damn many people on their phones. Now we are dealing with phones, radios, DVD players, and texting. We are targets out there for the cagers.

You're going to react the way you're going to react when someone almost maims or almost kills you. No doubt about it. But one thing I would advise is to become an advocate off your bike and chat with people about riding to keep the awareness up. The drooly guy at Safeway wants to talk to you about the weather? Casually mention it's great riding weather and that people need to watch out. It gets the word out, a little bit at a time.

DISCLAIMER: I am a bad hothead myself and it pisses the living hell out of me when a cage almost takes me out and I react (probably poorly). I am not pretending otherwise.

i'll stick to my antics....if someone wants to have words on the shoulder...then we can have words