Since some of the threads I found are older, I thought I'd post up. After the original B-Stones wore out back in '03, I tried the Metzler M1's. LOVED them, never felt as confident in a set of tires, but I was going thru a rear every 3,500mi or so, and usually getting 2 rear to a front. So, a couple years ago, I went with the M3's. Didn't feel quite as comfortable pushing them hard, especially in the cold season (mtn's), more the rear than the front, but I got about 6k out of the rear and so always changed the set at a time, so to me, even though the M3's are a little more $$, that slight little bit of confidence lost was worth the tradeoff.

Now it's time to get new tires, and there's the new M5 to look at, my usual M3, then there's the new Dunlop Quilifyer Q2 that people are raving about. The Q2 is about $38 more expensive for the set here where I usually get my tires (killer prices):
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...NGR/Tires.aspx

But, my concern is if they're going to wear out on 3-4k miles, I'll stick with the M3's, they're a know, familiar, trusted tire for me. I know a guy that uses Pilot's, and tried the CT, but still got only 3-4K out of them and they were more pricey than the M3. Cost IS an issue. Also, I have a friend that sells Dunlop race tires at the tracks here (I'm running a set of Dunlop takeoffs he gave me), and he might be able to get me an even better deal on them than the Superstore.

Anyone with a 1k worn out a set of the Dunlops yet? I found I like the rounder profile of the M3's than the takeoffs I'm running because I don't like the way they seem to fall into the corner somewhat, but it may be they they're worn and that's what's causing that.

Thanks!