Quote Originally Posted by MilkMan View Post
Figured it was time to add my $.02!

Bike: 2007 Gixxer 1000
Rider size: 6'4"/205lbs-215+lbs w/full gear
Tires/Size: Michelin Pilot Power 2CT/120-17/190-50-17--F/R
Mileage on tires: ~6,500 miles
Type of riding: More commuting than I would like, Lots of canyon @ a newb to fair pace, Quite a few passes up at Bandimere speedway with burnouts, Rode these all year including all threw winter in all temps from 15*-95*
Review: Extremely happy with the PP2ct's, always provided great feel and grip in almost all conditions. Probably could have stretched the mileage a bit further without the days at the drag strip, but not dissapointed at all with these. I ride my bike pretty much every day that its not snowing or monsoon season, and even in the wet, I was still very confident with the bike. Once these get warm they are STICKY too, far more tire than I could ever use on the street, but again thats where the confidence came into play, and they did that in spades! Would deffinatly recommend these to just about anyone, only downfall really is the mileage, but even with me beating the living hell out of them, I got more mileage than most people have advertised so I'm not complaining at all! Next up is a barely used set of Dunlop Q2's for a smoking deal that I couldn't pass up. Plus this will be a great comparison of a shitty riders opinion of 2 of the top rated street tires out today! Will be interesting to see the positives/negatives of each brand and how they feel on the bike given the same rider/suspension settings/etc.
-Mick-
Wow, totally surprised you got that kind of mileage out of them, especially with burnouts.